Artemis Villas
US$722
US$698
Hotels.com
  • Breakfast included
San Antonio Luxury Hotel(Imerovigli)(Great Value!)
US$756
Pegasus Suites & Spa(Imerovigli)
US$574
US$560
  • Breakfast included
Rocabella Santorini Hotel & Spa(Imerovigli)(Great Value!)
US$584
US$495
Iliovasilema Suites(Imerovigli)(Great Value!)
US$550
On The Rocks(Imerovigli)(Great Value!)
US$359
US$336
  • Pool
US$922
  • Breakfast included
All reviewswhite suiteowners chrisfree happy hourour honeymoonrooftop poolwelcome drinkhot tubevery eveningwatch the sunsetfresh fruitbottle of champagnefira and oialittle touchesamazing viewsevery morningjunior suiteprivate balcony
Reviewed 30 December 2009

As already told by others before me, this place is a must for your Greek holidays. I was surprised by the excellent service, very friendly owners Chris & Angela, and their supporting staff. You feel so welcome yet not over intrusive with their presence. Nothing is too hard for them, they are very very good. While we did stay here for our honeymoon in June ’09 in the White Suite, (an exceptional room that I have not seen in some five star resorts) I think the place is catered especially for this – honeymooners and couples on their private balcony sipping their wine over the sunset! Excellent for relaxation.
Also, there is a range of things to see nearby, such as the capital Fira, approximately a half hour stroll along the cliff side walking trail with museums, cafes etc. Imerovigli and Fira seem to attract a very cosmopolitan crowd.
I would definitely recommend Artemis Villas to anyone who wishes to travel to Greece!
Well done and keep up the good work!!!

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank bradleysonrg
Reviewed 11 December 2009

If you had told me that I would go on holiday and not move away from the accommodation to go on day trips or out to a restaurant for a meal I would not have believed you! But the view from our patio at Artemis Villas so stunning and the room and service so great that there was no choice but to stay put and chill. When we saw the coach loads of people come down to the cliff to watch the spectacular sunsets we knew that there could not be a restaurant on the island with a better view. So, each evening we ordered in take away from the Artemis Villa's sister restaurant and within half an hour we had delicious Greek treats delivered direct to our patio which was idyllic. Entertainment wasn't a problem because we enjoyed watching the four weddings which took place within the cliff community, one of which was a beautiful sunset ceremony at our neighbouring hotel. There was also the excitement of the visiting film crew who came to the hotel to film for the Greek Tourist Board - my other half particularly enjoyed his starring role dancing under the parasol! Angela, Chris and their staff did every they could to make our stay perfect and I wouldn't hesitate to visit again or encourage others to go too.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank NellNorthEast
Reviewed 12 November 2009

Artimies villas

After staying 5 nights in Oia my boyfriend and I had booked to stay a further 9 nights at the Artemis Villas in Imerovigli. I was a little worried because we had just stayed at Myblue which was amazing, however our budget wouldn't have stretched to 2 weeks there and anyway we wanted to experience another area of the island. On our arrival we were warmly welcomed by Chris and were shown to our apartment, we were not disappointed as they had kindly given us a free upgrade to their 'White' apartment. It was very cool/trendy design, spacious with a contemporary feel. The living area was big with coffee table and dining table made from pieces of suspended glass supported by metal poles which were set into the polished concrete floor. The bed was extremely comfortable, there was a fully equipped kitchen and good sized bathroom (no bath just shower). The terrace was smallish but perfectly adequate to sit and have breakfast/lunch/dinner watching the world go by or relax in the deckchairs and stare out at a stunning view! This room was a little noisy, you could hear neighbours next to us and below, but it really didn't worry us and we managed to get our 9-10 hrs sleep a night......heaven! After 4 nights they then had to move us to the studio (the room which we had booked for the whole 9 days) and I have to say we were disappointed but only because we had been so spoilt. The room was very small, very basic and traditional furnished. It was very clean and perhaps would have been fine is we had not known what we were missing! However luckily we only had to stay in that studio for one night as they kindly upgraded us again! Apparently because our stay was during October ( coming to the end of the season) they were able upgrade us easily, and I have to mention that not once did we asked for upgrades. The 3rd apartment was the junior suite (I think). It was lovely, with wrought iron four poster bed, flat screen TV and slightly bigger kitchen. The highlight for us was the outdoor Jacuzzi on our balcony which we enjoyed every evening with glass of wine/beer, a book and watching the beautiful sunset.......ahhhh it was fab!

Angela, Chris and all the staff were so so nice and very helpful. The rooms were extremely well kept and clean, the house keeper was a lovely, smiley lady and nothing was too much trouble for them all. There was good access to internet near reception, which my boyfriend used far too much for my liking to contact work!

September/October is a great time of year to visit Santorini, I was a little anxious about the weather but were very lucky, we had beautiful blue sky’s everyday 26-28 degrees so perfect sunbathing weather! It was cool at night though so a light jacket/jumper and scarf was needed. It was very quite during our stay and some places were starting to close down because it was end of the season but this really suited us. We also saw allot of locals eating out as well which you probably wouldn't get during high season. It was about 15mins walk to Fira' Stefani for cool restaurants and bars.

The swimming pool and sun area was gorgeous with amazing panoramic views across the volcano and ocean, although I found the pool too cold at this time of year but my boyfriend made a point of going for a quick dip at the end of every day brrrrr! Just be aware there are lots of steps in Santorini and I'd imagine in the height of the summer is hard on the faint hearted or unfit.

We loved Santorini and I couldn't fault Artemis villas, they provided an excellent service and hospitality. I would definitely recommend staying here and if you budget can stretch to it book the white room or a room with an outdoor Jacuzzi where you'll be able to enjoy beautiful sunsets even more!

Reviewed 10 October 2009

If you, like me...are known for over researching all the details of a vacation to death....you may continue your search for a place to stay in Santorini, however....there is really no need. We were recommended here after the Anastasis Apartments (sister hotel to the Artemis) was booked solid. The Artemis Villas was the perfect place to stay in Santorini - and we were lucky enough to be upgraded to the White Suite (By european standards, this room was huge) in celebration of our 10 year anniversary and my husband's birthday. The view was completely perfect ...and peaceful.... one might even mistake it for a slice of heaven. We only wish we had more time. And for the record, this hotel is very reasonably priced comparatively speaking. I've read a few reviews about the high rates, and have to disagree .... I don't think there are very many resort destinations with views like this that you can find for less money.

The service was perfect - there when you needed it, but not overly intrusive. I even arrived back to the hotel after day 1 to find my clothes neatly hung in the closet and my hairbrush cleaned - something I've never experienced in my travels, a nice touch. Angela even arranged a surprise birthday cake for my husband on his birthday and a bottle of wine upon arrival.

As for convenience - 15 minutes from both the Thira port and the airport .... a 15 minute walk downhill to Fira-town (a bit touristy,as the cruise ships port here, but lovely and fun to pick up souvenirs or enjoy a cocktail at Sunset...although our balcony was really the choice place for Sunset). If you are active....we highly recommend the cliff side walk from the hotel in Imerovigli to Oia. It's about 7.5 miles . and takes about two hours ...up and down the cliffs on trail....but it is well worth it for the best views on the island. Wear tennis shoes or hiking shoes .....! After arriving in Oia, treat yourself to grilled fish in the Bay of Ammoudi at the Sunset Fish Tavern or a restaurant called Ammoudi. You will be sitting 5 feet from the water, basking in the sun .... eating fresh fist that you watch them bring in and grill right next to you. It's not inexpensive, as is no seaside restaurant ...but it will be one of those meals that you remember for the rest of your life. Just be sure you are ready for the hundreds of steps you need to take down and back up again. I called our trip to Greece the journey of a thousand steps ... I've never climbed more stairs in my life - fine for young folks like us, but probably not ideal for those with disabilities as the island is really not equipped.

And...if you enjoy wines ...don't miss the Segalis winery (the best on the island, in our opinion). Skip red wines of the island...stick with whites (the climate isn't great for red). And don't miss out on the island signature dessert wine, Vinsanto ... made from sun dried grapes.

We loved Santorini (much more than Mykonos) and will return one day....it is special. Turns out that visiting Greece the first week of October was perfect .... still buzzing, but not too crowded.

Side note.....
One thing I feel compelled to mention though....although throughout our trip to Mykonos, Santorini and Athens we found the staff in most places of hospitality to be wonderful, in general otherwise we felt people completely disinterested in helping, even flat out rude...if there was not monetary value in it for them. This includes taxi cab drivers, store owners, citizens on the street. This was pretty consistent across all three places ...and, it had nothing to do with a language barrier. So...just don't be surprised. Maybe my expectations for friendliness are too high .... if I lived in a place as gorgeous as Greece, I would be smiling 24 hours a day.

3  Thank Arlie-n-Annie
Reviewed 10 October 2009

When we arrived, Angela informed us that she had upgraded us to the White Suite as a gift for my birthday that we celebrated while there (she even had a cake made and delivered without our knowing!). All I can say is unbelievable. One of the best views I can imagine - elegant room - balcony breakfasts were outstanding - full kitchenette - room attendant even hung all of my wife's clothes from her suitcase. The location is excellent - the elevation of the room over the caldera is amazing. Be sure to pack your walking shoes so you can walk from the villa to Oia along the caldera rim. Make sure however you have no problem climbing stairs if you stay here, because getting to and from the room requires a lot of climbing and descending. Overall, I don't know how it gets any better than this in Santorini.