“As Expected, sort of”
Review of Andromeda Villas

Andromeda Villas
Ranked #16 of 29 Imerovigli B&B and Inns
Reviewed 20 September 2012

The internet is great, you can research everything, so it should be of no shock that Santorini is an expensive island, catering as it does to the cruise ship passengers that wizz round the island in their air conditioned bus. And that half of the island has volcanic sand beaches and the other sits on the side of a crater with no beach access, but lots of steps and great views, again no surprises their.

I can't even complain about the weather. There is only 1 person who controls that and it isn't my travel agency or hotel staff. But for mid Sept, it was pretty great. Hot during the day, a bit damp and breezy in the evening.

So setting the scene, Andromeda is great for the views and for a secure roof over your head. Sure you can pay more and get more facilities - breakfast on your balcony, a spa etc etc. But their website lets you know just what they provide and what they don't. I didn't expect these things, so will not complain that I could not have them. A bit of research and we found a lovely place for a different breakfast (depsite the fact that the one provided was ok), and were able to be Day Spa guests at the nearby Santorini Princess.

As for the hotel itself, yes there are steps (see note above), but there are also lifts (also mentioned on web site and on TA). The hotel staff are friendly and helpful, a bit of a wait for our room on the first day, but then got moved to the Astra Suites for the first night, which was a nice surprise.

The pools do what they say, 1 main one and 2 smaller jaccuzzi type pools. All with beds around them.

As for the room, we booked a 'Superior' which in my opinion, wasn't. A simple affair with a bathroom to be expected in Greece, however I think the only thing that made this a 'Superior' room was the large balcony which allowed us to sunbathe in private.

This then brings me on the the layout. Being on the side of the Caldera, the walkways and stairs from top to bottom take you on a trip through most of the complex, sometimes between the rear door and the balcony of rooms and sometimes right outside your window / door. Not much of an issue, except when you are either after a bit of privacy or trying to get some sleep. And on this matter, the walls are quite thin and with windows open, you can hear everything (!!!)

One final thing to note, the sun doesn't hit this side of the osland until mid to late morning so if you are an 8am sun bather, this is not the place for you.

Overall, a very relaxing holiday in a wonderful location on a most amazing island.

Reviewed 19 September 2012

We got married at Andromeda villas and stayed in the honeymoon suite for 3 nights afterwards. The setting was absolutely breathtaking with an unbelievable view, without the crowds you get in Oia. The wedding itself was amazing, with everyone at Andromeda offering fantastic service. They treated us so well over the following few days as well - the honeymoon suite, with its own jacuzzi overlooking the caldera was a real treat, the hotel is in a lovely position with paths to Fira (about a 20 minute walk) away from the road, and Oia (we were told about a 2 hour walk but decided on relaxation by the pool instead!). We'd love to return one day and would highly recommend this hotel!

2  Thank Mark W
Reviewed 17 September 2012

We spent 3 wonderful nights at Andromeda Villas.We were on our honeymoon and looking for a nice hotel at the caldera.It was a last minute booking and we were worried about the last reviews we've read at tripadvisor..Only one phrase is coming on my mind after staying:"it's simply the best!".I'm really glad that was not affected by these!Our room was the standard/classic.It wasn't too big but it was very cozy and romantic,especially for 2 people that they are in love!The view from our balcony was amazing.Sunset in Imerovigli is really one of a kind!The three girls at the front desk were vey helpful with tips and maps and lot of suggestions.The staff at the pool bar and the restaurant were very friendly too.Every day when we relaxed at the sunbeds we got a special treatment:water,melon and other goodies that I don't remember!We also had the chance to taste the local cuisine at the unique "Santorinian night".Delicious food and perfect wines for our last day there.
Overall experience:perfect!
At the end,what it really matters is taking care of you and make you feel special as a guest.
Thank you for making our holidays so special.

1  Thank krkspvntgl
Reviewed 17 September 2012

My husband and I just returned from a WONDERFUL week in Santorini. We stayed at ANDROMEDA VILLAS in Imerovigli. We were happily surprised to see that the actual place, IS as amazing as the pictures look, and made only better by the fact that we were actually there!! The grounds are breathtaking, and everywhere you look there are beautiful landscapes that are picture perfect. Although there are many rooms at this hotel, it is set up in such a way that each feels private and the views are seemingly uninterrupted. There are a lot of stairs, but remember --- you are on the side of a mountain!!!!! ++ I read a few of the other reviews, and come on people... There are 2 elevators that make it much easier and when you are sipping cocktails, poolside, over looking the sea -- it is good to walk a few steps!!!

This brings me to the staff ------ and man, THEY WALK A LOT OF STEPS!!!!!!! From the moment we arrived I felt like they went above and beyond to wait on us hand and foot!!! They brought us fresh squeezed orange juice, and gave a small tour of the facilities. Each person working at this hotel (front desk, waiters, bartenders, luggages guys, housekeeping, etc) all were so friendly and accommodating. There are 3 infinity pool areas to chose from, all with amazing and comfortable lounge chairs. Spending time out by the pool relaxing and enjoying the amazing views, throughout the day the friendly staff would come around each chair and offer you either a refreshing snack or ice water, we really felt spoiled! (sometimes the snack would be a slice of watermelon or fruit, and other times it would be something savory, like a piece of toast topped with grilled octopus and vegetables)
The breakfast was over the top!!! They really had a very nice breakfast spread. We enjoyed a few lunches and one dinner, and all the food we had there was good. Of course it costs a little more at the hotel if you venture out to a restaurant, but this is to be expected :) It is so easy to get around to the rest of the island and adventure, renting a 4-wheeler in my opinion, is the way to go! Many days we explored other areas of Santorini. The location of the hotel makes it very easy to get out and see other places, and although the entire island
is gorgeous, we were so happy to return every day to this great hotel.

Many of the staff were really above and beyond!!!!! I must give a special mention to the front desk manager, TOULA. She was always ready with a smile and had great tips and offered us help with everything we could think to ask her all week long! (I also personally watched her deal with 2 different situations with other guest, and she was very impressive with how she handled very difficult personalities).
Also, I must give a shout out to the waiting staff! They all rock!!! Special thanks goes to ---
ISIDOR ---- this guy CARES about everything!!! He works early morning and late night, and is always going the extra mile to serve the guest and his fellow workers.
KOSTAS --- seriously makes the best pina coladas on the island!!! But if you find him working the same night as DIMITRIOUS & ALEXANDROS ---- you maybe can talk them into having a competition, they are all really good at what they do. And each one of them will surprise you even more with great conversation!

TWO thumbs way up!!!!

2  Thank lotuseatingyogi
Reviewed 16 September 2012

Shocked to find that my luxurious self-contained villa was a huge disappointment. This was our first time to visit Santorini and the standard of accommodation was not what we paid for or expected. For starters so many stairs...do not stay here if you are recuperating from surgery. The Villa...where do I start...cut my toe on the first night on the base of the bed which is made out of solid concrete and the corners are razor sharp. The bed was very uncomfortable and I can usually sleep anywhere. There wasn't a lounge in the room which meant there was nowhere to sit and relax whilst in the room you had to either sit at the table and chairs or on the bed. There were no windows which meant no circultion and it got very hot upstairs and downstairs, one air conditioner was not sufficient as it was located downstairs in an unusual position? If you wanted to sit on the upstairs balcony you couldn't unless you turned the air con off as hot air was blowing out of the vents on the compressor onto your back. Air con always leaking and leaving a pool of water at the front door. The bathroom smelt of sewerage and the shower cubicle was 600mm square. No cooking facilities. Kitchen consisted of plates, cups, saucers and cutlery enough for four people, and a bar fridge. No Microwave. This meant that you always had to eat out. Internal stairs were very unsafe. Staff were nice however they forgot to mention that we couldn't drink the water. Breakfast was enjoyable however the food from hot buffet was always cold. No ironing facilities have to pay for this.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Mark H
Reviewed 14 September 2012

My husband and I spent 3 nights in Santorini Late July 2012. Andromeda Villas is a first class place to stay. On arrival, we were upgraded to a Unit with an outside Juccuzi for the first night, so we laid back and watched the wonderful sunset from our balcony. The staff in reception were so welcoming and helpfull to us, they advised us on what tours were available. On their advice we took the local bus across to Oia, and there we saw the real Santorini, narrow streets and the white and blue houses, very beautiful place indeed. The Villas are in Imerovigli, on the Caldera, Our Unit was spacious, with a mini kitchen, and modern decor, and with a balcony overlooking the Caldera (what a view to see) there are several Pools to use and lots of sun lounges.We had dinner in the Restraunt on the first night, but found it expensive, so after that we walked the short distance to the Village of Imerovigli, and found some excellent Restraunts there. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay on Santorini, and recommend Andromeda Villas as an excellent place to stay.

Room Tip: At Andromeda Villas all Units have amazing views, overlooking the Caldera. We were in a standard roo...
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Leona R
Reviewed 12 September 2012

Having read the reviews and seen the hotel website, my expectations were high. I was extremely disappointed with the overall condition of the hotel and our room, I would rate it at a 3 star, one day we were left with no toilet paper or towels (not a massive deal but I think it needs mentioning). The breakfast was tasty. We only ate in the hotel restaurant once for a greek evening, the food was average tasting and the wine was 30 euros a bottle but did not taste like a 30 euro bottle (more like a £2 bottle), the meal cost 21 euros, in my opinion it was not good value for money. I cannot however praise the overall customer service from the staff, they are friendly and welcoming and will do whatever (within reason) they can do to make your stay as comfortable as possible. I walked from our hotel to Oia and Fira and saw some amazing hotels and cave houses which I would rather have stayed in and I would definitely research these and perhaps travel independently. I believe that perhaps people are wowed by the view from the hotel and the rest just seems insignificant.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends