“Hellas Paradise”
Review of Andromeda Villas

Andromeda Villas
Ranked #16 of 29 Imerovigli B&B and Inns
Reviewed 27 October 2013

No pics, words, wisdom, or advise make justice to this worldly paradise ! Just go feel and see it, amazing sunsets, staff, pools, restaurant, location amazing, and staff so friendly that they escorted me to a pub at Thira village for a UEFA champions league match! I miss them all, and im back there for sure next year!

Room Tip: stunning everywhere
1  Thank mauricio1971

Reviewed 24 October 2013

We had a amazing stay. The location is great. Imervigli is right in between the Oia, which is what you see on the post cards, but is flooded with tourist and the good beaches.The view from the hotel is UNREAL. Many people may complain about the steps, but there was always someone there to help carry your bag so it wasn't a problem. We booked the Deluxe Suite with Private Swimming Pool and Caldera View for just one night since it was so expensive and we knew we wouldn't be in our room the entire time and they allowed us to stay an extra night because it wasn't booked. The private pool and balcony was everything you see in the picture and more. They then upgraded us on the next room to the honeymoon suite. Although the room decor could used a update, everything was very clean. If we needed anything Tula was our go to gal, I've never had a more personable experience with a hotel, our experience wouldn't have been the same without her.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 October 2013

We spent the 2nd week of a 2 island holiday on Santorini. We were offered Andromeda Villas when the rooms we wanted at The Senses Boutique Hotel were not available. We were given VIP suites with a hot tub, sunbeds and table and chairs on balcony. We were 3 couples and ours was the only hot tub that worked. One was broken and the other was cold. The rooms also differed in size and amenities, i.e. 2 had robes and slippers, 1 did not, 1 had glasses 2 did not etc etc. Poor housekeeping really.
But the view from all the rooms was truly spectacular. The whole of The Caldera is spread out in front of you with the most fantastic sunsets every evening. The price you pay for the view is the fact that the Andromeda is built on the side of a cliff with lots and lots of steps connecting the rooms.
When arriving you enter at the top of the hotel through a gate down some steps to a lift that takes you down 2 floors, from then on you have to go down several flights of stairs to another lift which takes you down 1 floor to reception, outside reception is the pool, sunbeds, pool bar and restaurant. You have to bear in mind that once you get down to the pool, restaurant, etc you have to go back up to your room at some point. If your room is close to the pool etc, you will have to negotiate lots of steps when you leave the hotel. If your room is close to the exit you have to negotiate lots of steps when going for breakfast or a dip in the pool. One member of our party had some mobility issues and found the stairs rather difficult so you should bear that in mind if planning on booking this hotel. We also found that the lighting at night was not really adequate, when leaving the hotel one evening I missed a step as it was so badly lit and tripped and hurt my foot which spoilt the holiday a little.
The buffet breakfast was very varied and of good quality, we had a couple of meals in the restaurant and they were also very tasty. The wine however was expensive as you could get perfectly acceptable wine in the little tavernas in the village for 5 euros for 1/2 litre, while the cheapest wine in the hotel was 25 euros a bottle.
The whole complex was immaculately clean, the cleaning staff did a wonderful job, the bell boys worked incredibly hard as did the waiting staff, the receptionists however let the place down. One never smiled but appeared to be quite efficient, another smiled all the time but didn't seem to understand if there was a problem.
We booked this hotel through a groupon deal and it was incredible value for money, but if I had paid full price for a VIP suite I would have been extremely disappointed. However you can forgive a lot when you wake up to the view that we had each morning.
Would I go back...... if I was offered the same deal I would go back tomorrow. If I had to pay full price, I think I would find somewhere else to stay in Santorini.

1  Thank Venus53
Reviewed 20 October 2013

Andromeda Villas as a hotel is good with a great view and different pools (infinity pools). My experience started with a bad note though as we had booked Suits which was not available and were given to others . The receptionist Liyda did lied and diplomatically asked that she is offering upgraded rooms at Gold suits for 1 nights as we were staying for 3 nights. We argued till the sunset that changing room is a head ache and we need our rooms, but with no option had to check in one room and then original room. (It felt like you are taken for granted as no one asked the consent of the customer and make you keep changing the rooms). The final room - suits provided again had some problem as one of the light was not working and also water went completely off from the bathroom for 15 min in between a shower.All was fixed on the last day though which was good.

All rooms were nice with all the amenities and comfort

On the other hand the stay at the hotel was good and people at the restaurant (Alex) was very nice and cooperative.Breakfast spread was good and also was the dinner.

Sunset was really awesome and view from hotel was great which was the best part.

Room Tip: Do take the rooms / suits which have balcony with a separator and not in the path way
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 15 October 2013

Andromeda Villas were a replacement for our original booking which fell through. The staff were very polite and helpful. The room was very clean and pleasant, although we have had more comfortable mattresses. The pool was very clean. There was a good spread for breakfast, but it always appeared a bit chaotic. Coffee was generally not hot, the hot water for tea came from a steel pot which was brought to the table and poured into a cup by a waiter, and could have been standing for some time, so were unable to have a good cup of tea. The views were great as the hotel hangs over the side of the caldera. There are ten levels to the Andromeda. There were 189 steps down from the gate to our room on the same level as the reception. There are two lifts one appears to take you one floor and the other two more floors. A bad choice of footwear one night and a heavy dew caused me to fall when my feet slipped from under me. I fell quite heavily, slightly hurting an ankle, elbow and wrist, and banging my head although this did not hurt. I would recommend guests make careful choices of footwear not only for this hotel, but also for many others in the area. Concrete, marble and stone are not forgiving.

1  Thank FredBEastYorkshire
Reviewed 14 October 2013

Very nice Hotel,with excellent view, built on a great spot !!! The pool extremely clean every day and the pool bar served everything !!!! The breakfast and the restauraunt is in great quality !
Beautiful room with all comforts,and the service was perfect!!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 11 October 2013

I started to write a long review of this hotel but fortunately read Lisa K's review first and discovered that my views were largely the same as hers so I would urge you to read her well written submission.

We didn't have the room changing experience that she did but encountered people who had asked to be moved. If I describe the rooms as cavernous I don't mean that they were huge, anything but, but simply like caves. Bathrooms were small, smelly and inadequate. We've been to Greece before so being unable to flush toilet tissue came as no surprise but jars a little with western european expectations and sensitivities. I am at a loss to know where the gorgeous rooms are that other reviewers have experienced.

What you are buying here is the situation, which is spectacular but at a price. Even understanding and accepting the fact that southern european hotel standards may not be what we would anticipate elsewhere leaves this hotel a bit on the shabby side and in need of some inward investment.

However,my abiding recollection of this hotel will be the steps. All of the hotels on the caldera have the same kind of problem but at Andromeda Villas we found that there were 200 steps between the reception level and the hotel entrance in Imerovigli. There are two lifts but they don't cover the whole distance. If you're mobility is at all impaired, you depend on a wheelchair or have cardiovascular problems then this hotel could be very difficult or impossible for you. My wife and I are pretty fit and indulge in long distance walking but by the end of a fortnight(I agree that is too long for all Santorini has to offer) we were utterly sick of climbing steps to get anywhere.

I don't entirely agree about the hotel staff. In the main everything was fine-ish but we were chivvied out our room earlier than was required on our last day. Three requests to the hotel reception to take our baggage up to a booked taxi produced no result so we had to take our bags ourselves..........200 steps with incomplete lift coverage on a very hot day. The hotel probably would have got round to it eventually, maybe, but we had a schedule to keep to. Our schedule wasn't as tight as we thought however because the taxi didn't turn up but we can't blame the hotel for that.

Overall we came home feeling that we had not had good value for money.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple