“Home again at Andromeda”
Review of Andromeda Villas

Andromeda Villas
Ranked #15 of 28 Imerovigli B&B and Inns
Reviewed 13 November 2013

The Star on my map says it! I love this Aegean Island and this is my second stay with the Andromeda Villas. I have made several holidays to Santorini over twenty years of Greek travel. With five years between the visits, I see the upgrades and many improvements to the property. This region on the cliffs is unique, as it is not in the traffic hussle of Thera and Oia. There is congestion, though, more in a bit. The Elevator of this hotel is also unique. Small and yet functional, it does a great job. The Pool and soaking tubs work well. These are not hot tubs! The temps can invigorate. Refreshing. The Restaurant does fine work on the morning meal. I tend to roam for other meals. In planning : think vehical. I beg you to not do the four wheel ATV. Yuck! Two wheels: go for it. The Imerovigli Caldera frontage street above the hotel is a Zoo. Parking is non-existant! Pedestrians dominate and clog all space. Watertrucks and delivery vehicals make it further complex. Be prepared; a zoo. Buses may work for a few.
After sporting around the island, the refuge is the Andromeda. It can be peaceful, yet at times for the sunset photobugs, it can really be hopping. Then all quiets down and one is rewarded here. Most guests can enjoy that peace! As the several other resorts in the area have guests that forget the term: peace. Tip: Try the Imerovigli Taverna on the Caldera path toward Thera.
Tip two: Purchase a liter of Metaxia Brandy for your sunset watch time at the Villa.

Room Tip: Request Superior Room Upgrade within Shoulder season, May-June. Late September may be the best seas...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
4  Thank SunkistTwo

Reviewed 10 November 2013

We were actually booked into Iliovasilema who messed up our booking and sent us here instead.

The view from our suite over the Caldera was breathtaking, and (most of) the service was outstanding. Not only from reception who helped book diving and a quad bike, but also from the restaurant who were always courteous and helpful.

My one (massive) disappointment was the room never seemed to be cleaned properly - we had wine in our rooms on the first night and these glasses remained present and unwashed throughout our stay (despite calling reception to sort it out). And the bed never seemed to be made - it was pulled straight, but the bedspread never replaced.

Overall, a good experience, but its these small touches that undermine any perception of luxury and quality.

Reviewed 27 October 2013

No pics, words, wisdom, or advise make justice to this worldly paradise ! Just go feel and see it, amazing sunsets, staff, pools, restaurant, location amazing, and staff so friendly that they escorted me to a pub at Thira village for a UEFA champions league match! I miss them all, and im back there for sure next year!

Room Tip: stunning everywhere
1  Thank mauricio1971
Reviewed 24 October 2013

We had a amazing stay. The location is great. Imervigli is right in between the Oia, which is what you see on the post cards, but is flooded with tourist and the good beaches.The view from the hotel is UNREAL. Many people may complain about the steps, but there was always someone there to help carry your bag so it wasn't a problem. We booked the Deluxe Suite with Private Swimming Pool and Caldera View for just one night since it was so expensive and we knew we wouldn't be in our room the entire time and they allowed us to stay an extra night because it wasn't booked. The private pool and balcony was everything you see in the picture and more. They then upgraded us on the next room to the honeymoon suite. Although the room decor could used a update, everything was very clean. If we needed anything Tula was our go to gal, I've never had a more personable experience with a hotel, our experience wouldn't have been the same without her.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 October 2013

We spent the 2nd week of a 2 island holiday on Santorini. We were offered Andromeda Villas when the rooms we wanted at The Senses Boutique Hotel were not available. We were given VIP suites with a hot tub, sunbeds and table and chairs on balcony. We were 3 couples and ours was the only hot tub that worked. One was broken and the other was cold. The rooms also differed in size and amenities, i.e. 2 had robes and slippers, 1 did not, 1 had glasses 2 did not etc etc. Poor housekeeping really.
But the view from all the rooms was truly spectacular. The whole of The Caldera is spread out in front of you with the most fantastic sunsets every evening. The price you pay for the view is the fact that the Andromeda is built on the side of a cliff with lots and lots of steps connecting the rooms.
When arriving you enter at the top of the hotel through a gate down some steps to a lift that takes you down 2 floors, from then on you have to go down several flights of stairs to another lift which takes you down 1 floor to reception, outside reception is the pool, sunbeds, pool bar and restaurant. You have to bear in mind that once you get down to the pool, restaurant, etc you have to go back up to your room at some point. If your room is close to the pool etc, you will have to negotiate lots of steps when you leave the hotel. If your room is close to the exit you have to negotiate lots of steps when going for breakfast or a dip in the pool. One member of our party had some mobility issues and found the stairs rather difficult so you should bear that in mind if planning on booking this hotel. We also found that the lighting at night was not really adequate, when leaving the hotel one evening I missed a step as it was so badly lit and tripped and hurt my foot which spoilt the holiday a little.
The buffet breakfast was very varied and of good quality, we had a couple of meals in the restaurant and they were also very tasty. The wine however was expensive as you could get perfectly acceptable wine in the little tavernas in the village for 5 euros for 1/2 litre, while the cheapest wine in the hotel was 25 euros a bottle.
The whole complex was immaculately clean, the cleaning staff did a wonderful job, the bell boys worked incredibly hard as did the waiting staff, the receptionists however let the place down. One never smiled but appeared to be quite efficient, another smiled all the time but didn't seem to understand if there was a problem.
We booked this hotel through a groupon deal and it was incredible value for money, but if I had paid full price for a VIP suite I would have been extremely disappointed. However you can forgive a lot when you wake up to the view that we had each morning.
Would I go back...... if I was offered the same deal I would go back tomorrow. If I had to pay full price, I think I would find somewhere else to stay in Santorini.

1  Thank Venus53
Reviewed 20 October 2013

Andromeda Villas as a hotel is good with a great view and different pools (infinity pools). My experience started with a bad note though as we had booked Suits which was not available and were given to others . The receptionist Liyda did lied and diplomatically asked that she is offering upgraded rooms at Gold suits for 1 nights as we were staying for 3 nights. We argued till the sunset that changing room is a head ache and we need our rooms, but with no option had to check in one room and then original room. (It felt like you are taken for granted as no one asked the consent of the customer and make you keep changing the rooms). The final room - suits provided again had some problem as one of the light was not working and also water went completely off from the bathroom for 15 min in between a shower.All was fixed on the last day though which was good.

All rooms were nice with all the amenities and comfort

On the other hand the stay at the hotel was good and people at the restaurant (Alex) was very nice and cooperative.Breakfast spread was good and also was the dinner.

Sunset was really awesome and view from hotel was great which was the best part.

Room Tip: Do take the rooms / suits which have balcony with a separator and not in the path way
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 15 October 2013

Andromeda Villas were a replacement for our original booking which fell through. The staff were very polite and helpful. The room was very clean and pleasant, although we have had more comfortable mattresses. The pool was very clean. There was a good spread for breakfast, but it always appeared a bit chaotic. Coffee was generally not hot, the hot water for tea came from a steel pot which was brought to the table and poured into a cup by a waiter, and could have been standing for some time, so were unable to have a good cup of tea. The views were great as the hotel hangs over the side of the caldera. There are ten levels to the Andromeda. There were 189 steps down from the gate to our room on the same level as the reception. There are two lifts one appears to take you one floor and the other two more floors. A bad choice of footwear one night and a heavy dew caused me to fall when my feet slipped from under me. I fell quite heavily, slightly hurting an ankle, elbow and wrist, and banging my head although this did not hurt. I would recommend guests make careful choices of footwear not only for this hotel, but also for many others in the area. Concrete, marble and stone are not forgiving.

1  Thank FredBEastYorkshire