“The dream honeymoon!!!”

dubai
“The dream honeymoon!!!”
Reviewed 21 July 2009

Tripadvisor 2

Three days ago I came with my husband from London for our honeymoon in Santorini! We are staying in Andromeda Villas in Imerovigli and we’ll be here for another three days. It’s the first time we’ve been having such a great time in a hotel!
My husband is Greek so choosing this country and specifically this place (the most romantic in the world) wasn’t by accident!
I’m not gonna talk at all for the island cause I’m sure that everyone has seen photos of this place wherever in the world he is. I’m gonna talk about the hotel cause trust me the feeling of staying on the cliff and even better in the cliff is amazing! When we went to the travel agency to book our honeymoon they showed us three hotels in Santorini and I instantly chose Andromeda, without even allowing my fiancé till then, to express an opinion! As it turns out I was right!
The hotel is located on the cliff on the “caldera” of the island which means there is an amazing view of the volcano and the islands around. The hotel has two elevators to assist you going up and down the reception, the pool and pool bar and the restaurant, because the hotel is built in ten levels.
We are staying in a VIP Suite. We have a totally private veranda, a Jacuzzi in our bathroom and another outside which is heated. When we got into the room we found a bottle of Santorinian wine and a fruit basket waiting for us as a welcome from the hotel!
I was also thrilled to realize how polite and kind everyone is. They have been very helpful the past three days, especially to me that I don’t speak Greek!
Overall the impression that I got so far of the hotel is very good and I haven’t experienced any of the negative things I read in the other reviews, not yet at least!
I definitely recommend this hotel to anyone who wants to have a great time in the island and stay someplace with a unique view!

• Stayed July 2009, travelled as a couple
2 Thank trinity1930

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (117)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
New York, NY
Reviewed 17 July 2009

We went to Santorini with high expectations and perhaps not enough knowledge. The hotel was built on the side of the volcano and the stairs were unavoidable. The elevators did not eliminate the constant stairs: they connected some of the levels, were tiny and slow. Our room was 178 stairs down from the street, and the pool and restaurant were even lower. The rooms were way less than I expected, and the bathroom was the size you probably have on a cruise ship. The bathroom in our sons' room was slightly larger. The view was spectacular, but that same view is available in much better surroundings I would think. The staff at the front desk was generally apathetic and of mixed helpfulness.

• Stayed June 2009, travelled with family
canada
Reviewed 9 July 2009

After a long winter,some friends and I decided to go on vacation to the beautiful island of Santorini.It was the second time we visited Greece (2 yrs ago we had been to Athens for a week combining business and pleasure) and this time was all about relaxing, having fun and charging our batterries for the winter to come!
We stayed in Andromeda Villas for ten days.It was 8 of us,taking an apartment and two rooms right next to each other,right in front of the pool.We could just dive in from our balconies!The view from everywhere in the hotel is simply breathtaking!And all eight of us agreed that it has the best sunset we've ever seen in the island and in the world in general!(personally i think that the sunset in Oia is just overrated comparing to Imarovigli!)
Moreover alla of the staff of the hotel had been amazing!They were so kind to answer all of our questions concerning the island,the places to visit,the nightlife,booking restaurants,booking Spa treatments,booking restaurants etc.I'd say we literally drove them crazy!!!!! Imagine eight women shooting one question after another!!!
But even thought we were going out all the time we still made sure to get the most of our rooms and the hotel.All of our rooms had king size beds, nice sitting areas in front of the beds,and big bathrooms; which is quite a big deal for eight women!!!
Last but not least,and because we tried everything in the hotel,I should comment on everything I have to say that the everything we ate in the restaurant was of top quality,we would eat so much that we could barely walk up stairs to go to our car!Thank God (!!!!) that the hotel has two elevators that minimize the number of stairs from two hundred something to only 27!!!!!!!
It has honestly been the best vacation ever!!!!!!And I'm definately coming back to Santorini and this hotel specifically next year as well!

PS: You should really ask for the hotel's staff for advice on where to eat and not try things on your own cause as one of my friends Ashleigh found out first hand not all the places in Santorini are safe to eat!Just because you are a tourist doesn't mean that you shouldn't take advice from the residents!

• Stayed June 2009, travelled with friends
2 Thank pap_mar
France
Reviewed 20 April 2009

I have visited me and my family the great island of Santorini in Cyclades Greece. We have stayed in Andromeda Villas wich is located in imerovigli. It was really perfect we had an excellent room with a magnifisent view of the volcanic islands and ofcource the unique and famous sunset. The room it was big enough and our child had a bed seperate so we had our privacy. The facilities of the room it was more than what we expected and we are so happy about it. The staff ti was very polite and helpfull and they made our holiday great. The best part was specially the mornings because we had the option to order our breakfast in our room and to enjoy it in our balcony with the view of Caldera. And of cource for the sunset we had nice cocktails at our balcony.
I forgot to say about the jacuzi in our room an excellent rellaxing service for my family.
The most impressing thing in this hotel was the elevator!!! Yeap it was build one and it was very easy the access cause the hotel is build on the cliff and it has a lot of stairs.
The restaurant is in the lower section (the view once more i will say perfect) of the hotel and the buffet and the ala cart we have taste it both, delicius greek food with big variety.
Finally the reception, they gave us from the very first day all the ipmortant informations about the island and they help us a lot.
I would like to visit again the same place and the hotel we had a great time there.

• Stayed July 2008, travelled with family
1 Thank henry_1000
Minnesota
Reviewed 12 October 2008

We recentely returned from our tour of several Greek Islands and I have to say that our stay at Andromeda Villas was not what I had hoped for. I'll start with the things we liked......of course the veiw was incredible...like no other on earth. Secondly, we stayed there at the end of the season, so it was very quiet and peaceful. Now, for the cons. Our room was very large but did need some touch ups. It had a smell to it that I can only pin on the fact that it's built into a hillside. I loved our terrace. It was great. The hotel restaurant was disgusting. First off, the waiter was very unclean and we witnessed him pick his nose. I was very worried to eat the food and had somewhat of a problem doing so when he served us. The bartender/waitress was not as friendly as I'm use to, and she was also unclean. She was loud, rude and disrespectful. She was also the waitress at the morning breakfasts and I was upset with the way in which she tried her hardest do do as little work as possible. We were disappointed in the breakfast in that there was not very much selection for the price we paid.

We really liked the front desk staff. They were nice but not as helpful as you would think. Overall, I would not stay there again. The nose picking was the deal breaker.

I guess traveling to Greece during the end of the season is not a good bet as it does not bring out the best of the Greek attitude.

• Liked — the view
  • Disliked — pretty much everything.
  • Stayed October 2008, travelled as a couple
5 Thank travelindiva123
Steeleville, Illinois
Reviewed 7 June 2008

This hotel is wonderful! It is built on the cliffs in Imerovigli, just a 5 minute cab ride from Fira on the island of Santorini. Upon arrival, we found the innumerable amount of stairs and stairways a bit daunting. Don't get me wrong, they absolutely add to the charm of the place, but with our luggage, we were worried. The staff is more than willing to help with bags, and there is an elevator, but it only goes part of the way. It doesn't go all the way to the top or bottom. (The lobby is at the bottom, but you enter from the top.)

The views are stunning anywhere on the island, but this hotel does a great job showcasing the views. All rooms have a view, and some with private hot tubs, where we enjoyed the view from our private patio. Much like the Grand Canyon, these are views you see a thousand times in photographs, but until you see it for yourself, it's indescribable.

We didn't try the hotel's restaurant, but did have a lunch and a dinner from the menu in the pool lounge area, and the food was very good. The service was very casual, but also very friendly.

I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone going to the island. We were there very early in the season, so it was not very busy. This was nice, but I suspect they had not yet staffed up for the season because when it was (sadly) time to leave, we had to catch a very early ferry and had a hard time finding anyone at the front desk in order to check out (and help with our bags). So, we had to carry our luggage up all those beautiful white-washed stairs... This would be my only complaint, but easily avoided if you make prior arrangements the night before. Plus, I can only guess that it was somehow fitting to make us EARN such paradise!

• Liked — The VIEWS!!!
  • Disliked — Carrying bags up the endless stairs.
  • Stayed May 2008, travelled with friends
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
6 Thank Senorita3
San Francisco
Reviewed 7 November 2007

We were told they were upgrading our room and yet the room was HORRIBLE! The service was horrible and the breakfast was the biggest rip off of all! The hotel needs paint and a lot of maintenance. They should terminate all of the employees and start over. If you want to go to Santorini make certain you stay in Oia.

• Liked — Nothing
  • Disliked — Everything
  • Stayed September 2007, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
7 Thank marioSanFrancisco