“Beautiful!”
Review of Andromeda Villas

Andromeda Villas
Ranked #16 of 28 Imerovigli B&B and Inns
Reviewed 12 June 2010

Great villas, restaurant is beautiful, breakfast was fair. The facilities are top notch and well cared for. Most employees are very friendly and helpful. The stairs are just a part of being on the side of a mountain, minimal issue & helps you work off all of the great Greek food you'll be eating. Our suite was very nice, if we were anywhere else we would have spent more time enjoying the room! 2 strategically placed communal hot tubs make for a fun way to enjoy the sunset, although their really warm tubs, not HOT. Free wifi is available in the lobby and a few areas around the rooms. This place is great!

During our visit to Santorini we took a catamaran cruise with Blue Lagoon (santorinisailing.com) and had an amazing time, I highly recommend this excursion! We also found a delightful bakery just as you enter the main area of Fira town (where all of the shopping & restaurants are). They had great filtered coffee and delicious filo pastries.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled as a couple
2  Thank JHinVA

Reviewed 12 October 2009

Andromeda could not have been better. It surpassed all of our expectations AND even those we didn't even think of! The view was incredible; the food was great; the staff were courteous, professional, and quick to attend to our needs; the pool was refreshing (a bit on the cold side, but there was a jacuzzi to make up for that!); it was secluded and private enough we were not disturbed, but on the same time in a great location close enough to Fira and OIA that you could see everything you wanted with a short bus ride, drive, or a long walk. Perfect for the traveler looking to experience all Santorini has to offer without being stuck in the middle of the night life, tourists, and traffic...

We were recommended by a friend, and we will most definitely carry on that tradition.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank jjhoward3
Reviewed 20 August 2009

Beautiful hotel with amazing views, ideal for couples. Some rooms are more privilleged than others when it comes to view. I think that the rooms that are one or two levels above the reception and pool level have the best views, and are more convinient because all transfers within the hotel are limited. Luckily we had a big veranta with uninterrupted view of the caldera.We had a superior room, very spacious and nicely decorated. The breakfast was nice, not a big selection, but everyday was served a different tradidional Greek sweet. We have not ordered anything from the restaurant, as Santorini offers many restaurants worth visiting. We have had some very nice coctails from the bar though, when we gazed at the sunset. I found the staff very polite and accomodating, many thanks to Nikos the porter.
To my opinion, this is a four star hotel, but the price is five star, so I understand why some people complain, they expect much more. However, all hotels with caldera views are relatively expensive compared to others with no view. But the view is worth it. And the hotel is very nice, clean, elegant.
Overall, I definitely recommend it.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 August 2009

Let me start by saying that when you book European hotels, they do not necessarily have the same amenities as "typical" American hotels - this is something you have to be prepared for! Other reviewers seemed extremely angry at things that are very common and typical of Santorini - specifically, the stairs. The main attraction and arguably the best views are on the caldera so naturally, you're going to have to do a lot of stair climbing. At Andromeda, you have to expect this. That said, we loved this hotel and everything about it! Our room was standard although it was quite large, had a wonderful jacuzzi tub and a sitting room. We spent many nights on our patio in awe of this insanely beautiful view - I could have sat there forever. The day time staff was semi-friendly, but contrary to the below reviewer, the 24 hour night staff was extremely helpful to us on a few occasions (the front desk never closes although I would call them versus going down there). Room service was quick and friendly - the restaurant had good food but I would travel to the hundreds of other restaurants in the area if you want an experience! One thing you have to expect is that in order to keep air conditioning costs down, they only provide you with one key which serves as the key to both the room and electricity (aka, air conditioning). We got used to this and the room cools down quickly so it is not a problem. We loved staying in quiet Imerovigli - Fira Town was fantastic, but it was nice to stay somewhere less crowded. We would absolutely stay here again - this hotel is VERY clean, the hotel porters are MORE than helpful in carrying your luggage up and down all those stairs and the rooms are quite large. We will hopefully be back someday!

Reviewed 10 August 2009

I've been here not even 24 hours and this hotel has already dampened my stay in Santorini. I can't even begin to explain how disappointed I am with this place. We arrived to stay in an apartment (my parents, my boyfriend and I) only to find out there is only one key per room, which I personally think is ridiculous. How can you not have more than one key per room...especially for a place that has "villas". The staff was not very nice and it took us about 20 minutes to find them. In order to get to the pool or reception you must walk down stairs and more stairs, take an elevator to more stairs and then another elevator. We get in our room to find out that the door is ancient and hardly works. It takes forever to lock and unlock. The toilet didn't flush and the shower was literally a little 3 ft by 3 ft cup that you sit in and hold the shower head over yourself. That was shocking to see...I still can't believe we're staying here and not switching hotels. Once we told them that the toilet didn't flush they leisurely sent someone to look at it and told us we had to hold the knob down for a minute for it to flush everytime - it still doesn't flush. As we were going to sleep, the power went out 3 times which was convenient since the reception had already closed for the night. Lastly, the air hardly works and we slept uncomfortably hot and sticky all night. The one saving grace of this place is the pool which is nice, but small, so you better wake up extremely early to get a spot or you'll have to sit around waiting for someone to leave. And the internet is free but only works at the pool - go figure. DO NOT COME HERE.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank andkap
Reviewed 5 August 2009

Andromeda hotel is situated in Imerovigli one of the most beautiful places to enjoy the sunset. The view from the hotel is worth all the money. The hotel is very cozy and consists of a lot of stairs. Our room was a classic room and although the view was incredible the room as such was quite dissapointing. It was very small especially the toilet and when you sat on the veranda in order to enjoy the exquisite view there was a bad odour of sewerage coming from below. Our friends stayed in a suite and a must say it was amazing. The room was big with all the amenities including an outside jacuzzi on the veranda and incredible view. Therefore I would suggest to customers not to book the classic room. The hotel is situated 10min from th town centre. Overall I am happy with our choice and I would visit Andromeda again.

1  Thank ElenaDio
Reviewed 21 July 2009

Tripadvisor 2

Three days ago I came with my husband from London for our honeymoon in Santorini! We are staying in Andromeda Villas in Imerovigli and we’ll be here for another three days. It’s the first time we’ve been having such a great time in a hotel!
My husband is Greek so choosing this country and specifically this place (the most romantic in the world) wasn’t by accident!
I’m not gonna talk at all for the island cause I’m sure that everyone has seen photos of this place wherever in the world he is. I’m gonna talk about the hotel cause trust me the feeling of staying on the cliff and even better in the cliff is amazing! When we went to the travel agency to book our honeymoon they showed us three hotels in Santorini and I instantly chose Andromeda, without even allowing my fiancé till then, to express an opinion! As it turns out I was right!
The hotel is located on the cliff on the “caldera” of the island which means there is an amazing view of the volcano and the islands around. The hotel has two elevators to assist you going up and down the reception, the pool and pool bar and the restaurant, because the hotel is built in ten levels.
We are staying in a VIP Suite. We have a totally private veranda, a Jacuzzi in our bathroom and another outside which is heated. When we got into the room we found a bottle of Santorinian wine and a fruit basket waiting for us as a welcome from the hotel!
I was also thrilled to realize how polite and kind everyone is. They have been very helpful the past three days, especially to me that I don’t speak Greek!
Overall the impression that I got so far of the hotel is very good and I haven’t experienced any of the negative things I read in the other reviews, not yet at least!
I definitely recommend this hotel to anyone who wants to have a great time in the island and stay someplace with a unique view!

2  Thank trinity1930
Also consider these accommodations in or near Imerovigli
Rocabella Santorini Hotel & Spa
Iconic Santorini, a boutique cave hotel
Iliovasilema Suites
#21 of 80 in Fira
Santorini Princess
Santorini Princess
#8 of 50 in Imerovigli

Been to Andromeda Villas? Share your experiences!