“We were expecting more for the price we paid”
Review of Andromeda Villas

Andromeda Villas
Ranked #17 of 29 Imerovigli B&B and Inns
Canada
“We were expecting more for the price we paid”
Reviewed 16 July 2007

We were looking for a hotel with a great view and we got it. We didn't have to share our balcony but we were so close to our 2 neighbours that we didn't really have a lot of privacy.

For the price we paid you would expect that breakfast & use of safety deposit box are included, but NO, we had to pay extra for them.

• Liked — good housekeeping
  • Disliked — services not worth the price we paid
  • Stayed June 2007, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3 Thank SierraCanada

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (119)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
usa
Reviewed 3 July 2007

Andromeda Villas was a fabulous hotel. The staff was more than friendly and accommodating. The view, right on the Caldera, was amazing. Each room has a great view. The superior room has a large bed, small kitchenette, table and chairs, big windows and the view I came for. I would recommend NOT taking the first floor rooms by the bar unless you plan to be up late and at the bar. The hotel restaurant, again, right over the Caldera and great for sunset, served good Greek food, pizza, fish, sandwiches, dessert. All is FRESH which was nice. You can walk into Fira, the main town, via the cliff walk...very exciting or hop a bus which is close by. Small grocery with fair prices is right across the street. English is spoken. A great experience.

5 Thank xaidw
marbella
Reviewed 25 June 2007

My husband & I stayed in Andromeda Villas in June 2007.We arrived at the hotel but could not find the reception.We went our seperate ways and a German lady told me the reception was a very long way down-about 100 steps she said-she was right.When I got to the recptionist she barked at me that one of the staff ad been waiting half an hour for me to arrive to show me the reception -why I wondered??? .We were finally shown to our room -room 108.Disaster ,I could not believe after all the money we had spent that we were given this AWFUL room.It was tiny and roasting hot even with the air con on .The ceiling in our bedroom was so low ,that at 5ft8ins I could not stand up straight.The bathroom was for little people and it had the tiniest bath I had ever seen and one little fairy light for the whole bathroom.Also there was hardly any room to hang up our clothes.I rang reception and complained and I was told the hotel was booked out and we would have to stay in this room.I rang our travel agent on the Island and he said he would see what he could do to get us another hotel.A miracle happened ,the receptionist then rang back with another room for us to check to see if we liked it.Room 44 was very much better but still not great but agreed to take this but said we still were not pleased.Fablous location but the hotel is not up to scratch -the breakfast next morning was a disaster -messy dirty and untidy and very unorganised.There seemed to be no one in charge and the staff were like headless chickens running around.What a pity -it ruined our stay on a fablous island and location .One more note the porters in the hotel had the most awful jobs of carrying clients cases all the way up the steps -there were two lifts but they were mickey mouse ones and the porters had a lot of carring to do-surely this breaks all E.U regulation regarding Health and SAFETY AND THE CARRING OF WEIGHTS.Give this hotel a miss and stay in any of the other lovely hotels near by.

• Liked — The location was superb-what a pity about the hotel
  • Disliked — The rooms and the standards of them for the price we paid
  • Stayed June 2007, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
5 Thank sorchamarbella
D.C.
Reviewed 19 June 2007

The Andromeda does have incredible views of the caldera, but so does every other hotel on Santorini, which is why I recommend trying somplace else.

It seemed that its location in the town of Imerovigli was situated in such a way that it was exposed to constant winds, even when the rest of the island was calm. This made enjoying the pool or balcony difficult. Also, Imerovigli has limited restaurant choices and is a good 20-30 minute walk from Fira. There is decent bus service on Santorini, but it ends early, so a late dinner in Oia or Fira means you would have a long walk back or would have to take a cab. In addition, the outside room light is not on a separate circuit from the room lighting and would not stay on in the evening, which made unlocking the door at night difficult because we could not see the lock.

The rooms were damp, the bed rock hard, water pressure and temperature was inconsistent, and there was a pervasive smell of sewage at the hotel. We only ate breakfast at Andromeda, which was the same every day with limited choices, including very greasy fried eggs.

The Andromeda is not an awful hotel, but I would recommend trying something else.

• Stayed June 2007, travelled as a couple
4 Thank TPF1122
San Francisco
Reviewed 12 June 2007

BEWARE!!!! BEWARE!!!! BEWARE!!!! BEWARE!!!! My husband and I just returned from staying at this hotel. We had made reservations at this hotel month's ago. We checked in with reception at the Andromeda then they had someone come and get our bags and take us to our room. They proceeded to take us out of the hotel and walked us down the street to another hotel called the Langas Villas. It was a completely different “hotel” with their own reception area. The “hotel” is more like a really dingy motel. We thought that the motel seemed really creepy. The room had a terrible odor of dust, mildew and mold. The first night in the room we were going to bed and my husband started sneezing and his eyes weld up. We think it must have been from the blankets on the bed that smelled as if they had never been washed. They were extremely dusty. Immediately my husband walked to the Andromeda Hotel and asked that we be moved into a room at their hotel. They told us that they overbooked and that they use the Langas Villas when this happens and they proceeded to tell us that there was nothing they could do. We spent the one night at the motel and the next morning, with my husband’s eyes still swollen he went back to the reception at the Andromeda and insisted to talk to a manager. They told him to come back in a half hour and the manager would be there. To make a long story short we never saw a manager. The women in reception told us that they were completely overbooked and that they could not do anything for us. She then proceeded to try and tell us that the rooms at the Langas Villas were exactly the same as the rooms at the Andromeda. When I pointed out to her that the brochure in reception showed a room much nicer than the motel down the street, she then changed her story to that the view was the same. We explained that we didn’t care about a view, we just want a room that is comparable to what we paid for. After we told her we would just wait in reception until the manager showed up she finally told us that due to my husbands eye’s being swollen she would change our room to one at the Andromeda.

I must say the room at the Andromeda was nice, but the hassle we went through to get the right room was not worth it. Also, we were not the only guests at the Andromeda who were moved to the Langas Villas. These others complained as well. We would not have cared if they put us up in a comparable room.

Stayed June 2007