We could not wish better for the view. Just half an our walking to Thira along the coastal "walking path" and a direct view on Thirassia. The room was spacious with a fridge and all we needed to prepare our own breakfast. The electric covers were welcome as inside it was feeling cold and damp (the weather did not help). On the lower aspect, it was not the best place to enjoy a long warm shower as there is a small individual water tank.
The little balcony facing west offers the best place to enjoy sunset...when the sky is clear.
We did not get the chance to try the pool (the weather was not good) but it was nice to know if was there.
It was overall a very pleasant stay but...
On the day we arrived after five hours of ferry and some visiting and walking around in Thira we came back to the room in the evening and discovered that what we wanted the most (to take a shower) was not possible. There was no water at all. We were hoping that a phone call or a visit to reception would solve the problem but after 9pm nobody would be there and nobody picked up the phone.
Of course this does not lead to the best night: no shower, no toilet flushing, no teeth brushing ...
Hopefully the problem was solve the following morning (after 8am) and we could finally flush. We were told that a problem occurred with the system forwarding phone calls to reception. It is not a major problem but we would have expected higher quality of services for that kind of problem at night when thinking about the price per night.
Of course they apologized several times and they did make some promises of offering us some local wine as an apology. But the troubles were quickly forgotten and the compensation offer seemed to be just words as we never seen it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hotel "Afroessa." Afroessa hotel praises romance. Our guests experience the exceptional view from our "old canavas" rooms, set atop Santorini's hillside. The original site of a winery built in 1700, it was renovated in 1998 on its existing foundation. Our ten studios, each with its own unique archway are built on five levels, with their own magical view of the Caldera. Each studio is individually decorated giving each its own distinct character, yet maintaining the traditional style. The beds are built into the foundations and the furnishings and decorations chosen so as to enhance the warm and romantic feelings created by the surroundings. The priceless moments which you will experience during the enchanting sunsets from your balconies and the relaxing pool bar, with chill-out music will forever remain in your memories, reminding you of the serene calm and magic of Afroessa. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, Booking.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, HotelsClick, Cancelon and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Afroessa Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Afroessa Hotel Imerovigli
- Afroessa Hotel Santorini/Imerovigli