Writing another glowing review of the Afroessa Hotel almost feels like piling on, but you can't help but sing the praises of a place like this. It's a small, boutique hotel that delivers all the wonderful things that Santorini has to offer. We loved the location in Imerovigli -- between Fira and Oia -- we felt like we were tucked away from the scrum of both towns, which were incredibly packed when we were there. The Afroessa is located right on the path between the two, so once you park your car in the nearby public lot, you can easily walk to many restaurants, and enjoy the views along the way. We took advantage of the nearby small market to buy wine, cheese, meats, olives and bread to enjoy a picnic on our balcony our first night there -- why watch the sunsets from anywhere else on the Island when you have the best view right from your own private balcony. We also greatly enjoyed the pool. While breakfast isn't included, the room service menu is very good. It wouldn't be a stretch to say this is the most beautiful and romantic place we've ever stayed. (The pictures on their website are spot on.) Finally, I can't say enough good things about the staff. (A special thank you to Aliki for making the place feel like our home away from home.) Everyone associated with the Afroessa is just wonderful. They steered us to fabulous restaurants and helped us develop a strategy for navigating the sites of the island. We hope to return to Santorini, and if we do, this is where we will stay - no question.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hotel "Afroessa." Afroessa hotel praises romance. Our guests experience the exceptional view from our "old canavas" rooms, set atop Santorini's hillside. The original site of a winery built in 1700, it was renovated in 1998 on its existing foundation. Our ten studios, each with its own unique archway are built on five levels, with their own magical view of the Caldera. Each studio is individually decorated giving each its own distinct character, yet maintaining the traditional style. The beds are built into the foundations and the furnishings and decorations chosen so as to enhance the warm and romantic feelings created by the surroundings. The priceless moments which you will experience during the enchanting sunsets from your balconies and the relaxing pool bar, with chill-out music will forever remain in your memories, reminding you of the serene calm and magic of Afroessa. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, Odigeo, Ebookers, Bookgreece.com, TripOnline SA, Hotel.de, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Afroessa Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Afroessa Hotel Imerovigli
- Afroessa Hotel Santorini/Imerovigli