My husband & I along with another couple were in Santorini between the 18th of August through till the 23rd. This was my husband's 2nd time back & my third. For the couple travelling with us this would be their 1st time ever. Both my husband & I had been during our past with Friends & felt that we needed to go together as for some reason Santorini resonates within for the two of us.
I had researched many hotels & settled upon AFROESSA. I was looking for a Hotel that was small & boutiquish if you will with an amazing view of both the Caldera & the famous Santorini Sunsets. All I can say is that upon arrival to our hotel it was close to midnight & we could barely see our hands in front of us. Both my husband & I were anxiously awaiting our very 1st morning view to see whether or not the website would live up to our expectations. Well; our view was outstanding & for moments it literally took our breathe away. Afroessa was everything & more!!! This small 10 room Hotel was exceptional clean & extremely well maintained. Service was impeccable & everyone from Ionna (the owner), Aliki (reception), Ionna's son's, Eddy (maintenance) & the girls who cleaned our rooms were more than hospitable. Words nor pictures can explain this hotel, it's view & their service. AFROESSA exceeded our expectations & made this recent trip a trip of a lifetime!!!
I could not imagine staying anywhere else & it is for that reason that I would highly, highly recommend this hotel to anyone travelling to Santorini. You will come to see for yourself that it will live beyond any expectation & you will fall in love with this amazing Family who you will consider to be a part of your own family by the time your trip comes to its end!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hotel "Afroessa." Afroessa hotel praises romance. Our guests experience the exceptional view from our "old canavas" rooms, set atop Santorini's hillside. The original site of a winery built in 1700, it was renovated in 1998 on its existing foundation. Our ten studios, each with its own unique archway are built on five levels, with their own magical view of the Caldera. Each studio is individually decorated giving each its own distinct character, yet maintaining the traditional style. The beds are built into the foundations and the furnishings and decorations chosen so as to enhance the warm and romantic feelings created by the surroundings. The priceless moments which you will experience during the enchanting sunsets from your balconies and the relaxing pool bar, with chill-out music will forever remain in your memories, reminding you of the serene calm and magic of Afroessa. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Odigeo, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Afroessa Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Afroessa Hotel Imerovigli
- Afroessa Hotel Santorini/Imerovigli