“Just one word WONDERFUL”
Review of Afroessa Hotel

Afroessa Hotel
Ranked #10 of 51 Hotels in Imerovigli
Reviewed 18 October 2011

It was the best part of our trip in Greece. Wonderful staff. We want to thanks Ioanna, Aliki and Edi. They made more than we could expect from a hotel. We can say they are friends now, even if so far away from home... The rooms. very very clean, spacious, all of them have wonderful views. We had forgotten to ask for transfer from the port to hotel. We paid a cab 20.00 euros. They could have arranged it for us. Breakfast. Wonderful. Not included in the hotel fare, but you have very good choices from their menu. We miss your honey/cinnamon muffins.... Peaceful place. Good restaurants close to the hotel. They can arrange car, quads and scooters rentals. It was a pity we had only 3 days. I could stay there for a month!!! Ah, and of course, the most wonderful sunset I have had...Thank you again!

Room Tip: all the rooms are great!
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank costalmeida

Reviewed 7 October 2011

My wife and I went for our honeymoon to Greece, Santorini. Picked Afroessa Hotel after looking through tripadvisor. It was excellent from start to end. We had prior arrange with Aliki via email with transport arranged. The Hotel staff was there to pick us up and help with the baggage. The room (room 5) they gave had an amazing scenery. The staff esp Aliki had been exceptionally helpful and their service top rate, they provided us with a map, recommended places to eat and places to visit/to go to. The rooms are clean, and nicely decorated. Compared to Oia, this place is much quieter, and less touristy but it was ideal for us who want to spend quiet pieceful times together. Overall an excellent stay, will not hesistate to book Aforessa again! Thank you to all the staff once again

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank LimKH
Reviewed 3 October 2011

Santorini was our kick-back & enjoy part of our Euro vacation - Afroessa was the right choice! Really enjoyed the small scenic boutique hotel - great service & yet Aliki, Ionna & Edi made it feel like you were visting good friends - that happened to have a great view. Aliki helped arrange a rental car and gave us good tips on day trips and local resturants, walks etc. Edi helped cobble together adapters to allow me re-charge my camera's - essential with all the great scenery to shoot. We were lucky to have 7 days to do some exploring and get into the island rythym - but always had to be back to Afroessa for the sunset. Thanks for a great holiday!

Reviewed 1 October 2011

Can only concur with every positive review you will read on here. After weeks (and possibly months...!) of painstaking research into the best place to stay on Santorini (our prerequisites were a hotel sufficiently far away from the hubbub of cruise tourists for quiet enjoyment of the island and its views, whilst at the same being close enough to a good choice of restaurants and bars, etc), we settled on the Afroessa.
After a prompt response to our booking, Aliki arranged our collection from the airport, and sure enough our lift was waiting for us on our arrival, which immediately inspired confidence. Indeed, this set the tone for our entire stay, as Aliki's assistance throughout was always informative and helpful.
The hotel itself was fantastic. Always clean, the views even surpassed those Id seen in the photos. The bed was comfortable, although we did need the a/c on for a comfortable nights sleep. The location of the hotel could not have been better. Away from the maddening crowds of Fira and Oia, Imerovigli was very quiet and relaxed, and the Afroessa was the perfect place to enjoy the views. Catching the sun by the pool was perfect for whiling away a few relaxing hours, surrounded by the scenery, and while the pool itself is small, it is perfect for cooling off.
A short walk from the hotel takes you to some local tavernas and a supermarket, from which we bought some breakfast and evening snack provisions.
We hired a car for 3 of our 7 days, which we found perfectly adequate to explore those parts of the island we couldnt reach on foot.
Ioanna the owner arrved later during our stay, and was every bit as helpful and gracious as Aliki.
If I had to say anything negative, it would be that Imerovigli in general wouldnt be for those who have a hard time walking; lots of steps and hills in some areas, and can be quite hard going in the heat. Of course, this is no reflection on the Afroessa. I'm sure I'll return at some point in the future, and when I do, I wont hesitate to book the Afroessa.

PS: Arrange a sea-boat trip to the Caldera... fantastic!!

Room Tip: We had room 5. Loved it, but all rooms seemed to have comparable views. If you are not concerned a...
1  Thank Neil S
Reviewed 27 September 2011

We stayed at the Afroessa Hotel for four nights. It was amazing. The staff (especially Edi and Aliki) were amazing, friendly, hardworking and just plain, great. The views were so beautiful, as was the hotel, our room (#8) and the pool. We really were in heaven. Imerovigli was the perfect town to stay in, a short trip from both Oia and Thira. Rooms were clean and adorable.

Reviewed 27 September 2011

We were blown away as soon as we stepped onto the hotel! Because the Afroessa hotel is nestled on a cliff, the entrance way starts near the top of the hotel, and you walk your way down to the reception lobby. It's the coolest scenery! We were greeted by the bubbly and lovely Eliki (sorry if I spelled that wrong sweety!), who spoke perfect english, as she told us she had lived in Ottawa, Canada as well as California.
This place is a perfect get away from the "ordinary" because to me, nothing here looked like any where I have been to in my life! I couldn't compare it at all!
The staff is sooo friendly, and the owner Joanna is so warm and welcoming. I had a great conversation with her, and instantly liked her. She was very down to earth as with the rest of the staff.
The hotel is indescribably stunning. A great place for couples for sure! Not recommended to families with young children because of the layout of the hotel. There are a lot of stairs, and places that could be hazardous to young kids. I would not dare get stupid drunk and try to maneuver around the Afroessa. She must be respected for the beautiful hotel she is. It is a quiet and relaxing hotel. Here, I could do yoga on the roof and not be bothered. I could meditate, and not hear loud sounds that would distract me or startle me. My husband and I were smiling all the time we were there. The view from the hotel at every angle was what I would call total "EYE-GASMIC!" The sunset was there, front and centre every night...aaaahhh! Words cannot describe mine and Ross' experience. We watched the sunset every single night we were there, and I took pictures pretty much every night of it!!!
We were served with a nice continental breakfast every morning. The lunch menu was nice and simple and very very reasonably priced.
Afroessa was close to plenty of great restaurants, and the staff was always ready to recommend the really good ones depending on what you're looking for. Me and my husband discovered the cool "sidewalks" of Santorini. These are the beautiful walkways going on for kilometers from Imerovigli to Firostefani to Fira...you never have to be on the road with the cars. These sidewalks were picturesque, from the different views, to the quaint homes and restaurants along the way, all painted white with splashes of Aegean blues, blues of different shades, reds, browns, etc...I could not put my camera down anywhere in Greece!
Our room was so very spacious. It was like a traditional Greek style "home", quite rustic.
It was comfortable and cozy. I loved that we had our own little terrace where we ate breakfast and lunch sometimes.
Oia was another wonderful experience. Just a little walk from our hotel to the bus stop, and we were in Oia after about 20 minutes. The fare was only 1.60 Euros. Nice!
Oia was like stepping into a postcard of Greece. Again, the camera was clicking constantly!
I did a photoshoot there with my husband. It was a perfect site!
I would go back to Afroessa any chance I get. The hotel is exceptional, Joanna and her staff are warm and friendly, our room was very nice, the location is perfect, and me and Ross had a wonderful time! I'm inlove with Santorini!

Reviewed 23 September 2011

We stayed 3 night in Santorini at the Afroessa. Ionna and Akili couldn't have been nicer and more welcoming host. The central location was perfect for us, quiet but still resturants, stores, etc. nearby, and Fira was only a short drive or walk away also. We stayed in room number one at the top of the caves and really liked the location. We had minimal stairs to climb a large patio and nice room, occasionally someone would pass by on their way in or out but it didnt bother us.
I highly recommend renting a 4 wheeler to cruise the island, it was a blast. The red beach is beautiful and worth a trip, we spent 4 hours relaxing and swimming there.
Also La Maison nearby was the best resturant we ate at by FAR.

Room Tip: Room one was great with big patio are and minimal stairs
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Imerovigli
Altana Traditional Houses and Suites
#1 of 12 in Akrotiri
Hotel Sunny Villas
Hotel Sunny Villas
#19 of 51 in Imerovigli

Been to Afroessa Hotel? Share your experiences!