We stayed at the Afroessa at the end of May 2013. What a find! First, we cannot overstate how friendly and helpful Joanna, Kara (spelling?) and Eddie were. From the moment we arrived until the moment Eddie loaded our bags on the transfer they were always ready to help and did so with a smile.
Our room was a right off of the pool, which gave us easy access to the lounge chairs and the view. I know many people say that the sunset from Oia is the best there is, but I cannot imagine a better view of it than we had from the pool! A couple we met by the pool went to Oia for it and said it was not as spectacular as from the Afroessa...
We ordered breakfast and coffee which was quickly delivered to the room and was excellent. Keep in mind that they do not serve coffee and breakfast until 9:00a. If you are an early riser, you need to make the 10 minute walk down to the bakery in town. I did this and brought coffee back to enjoy while overlooking the caldera...
As a heads up to some travelers - you need to be aware that there is no elevator and LOTS of stairs. If you have issues with taking stairs I would consider another hotel. But if you don't mind stairs this is a great location. The old Fira-Oia trail/path literally runs through the hotel property. We hiked about 2 miles on this toward Oia one morning and really enjoyed the views.
Thank you again to the staff for making our stay so enjoyable!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hotel "Afroessa." Afroessa hotel praises romance. Our guests experience the exceptional view from our "old canavas" rooms, set atop Santorini's hillside. The original site of a winery built in 1700, it was renovated in 1998 on its existing foundation. Our ten studios, each with its own unique archway are built on five levels, with their own magical view of the Caldera. Each studio is individually decorated giving each its own distinct character, yet maintaining the traditional style. The beds are built into the foundations and the furnishings and decorations chosen so as to enhance the warm and romantic feelings created by the surroundings. The priceless moments which you will experience during the enchanting sunsets from your balconies and the relaxing pool bar, with chill-out music will forever remain in your memories, reminding you of the serene calm and magic of Afroessa. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Bookgreece.com, Ebookers, HotelQuickly, Cancelon, getaroom.com and Evoline ltd so you can book your Afroessa Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Afroessa Hotel Imerovigli
- Afroessa Hotel Santorini/Imerovigli