We just returned home from spending four nights at Afroessa and as others have said, the hotel is amazing. When arriving, as we awestruck as we reached the entrance of the hotel (at the top of the cliffs) and saw the view of the caldera for the first time. It really is one of the most beautiful places we've ever been, and Afroessa is built quaintly into the side of the cliffs and takes full advantage of the location. The hotel is on the smaller side (10 rooms total) and each room is unique. We stayed in a "studio" room, which was a little small, but more than adequate for a couple, with a comfortable bed and a cool/modern design, though the best part is waking up in the morning and opening your windows to look out over the caldera. Beyond that, the staff are extremely friendly and accommodating and make you feel at home right away. Joanna and Eddie were the best, always happy to answer questions, make dinner reservations or bring food or drinks to you in the room or by the pool. They even welcomed us with a complimentary glass of wine when we arrived, which made the first sunset there all the more incredible. Overall, Afroessa was definitely one of the best stays of our vacation and will be highly recommended to friends and family.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hotel "Afroessa." Afroessa hotel praises romance. Our guests experience the exceptional view from our "old canavas" rooms, set atop Santorini's hillside. The original site of a winery built in 1700, it was renovated in 1998 on its existing foundation. Our ten studios, each with its own unique archway are built on five levels, with their own magical view of the Caldera. Each studio is individually decorated giving each its own distinct character, yet maintaining the traditional style. The beds are built into the foundations and the furnishings and decorations chosen so as to enhance the warm and romantic feelings created by the surroundings. The priceless moments which you will experience during the enchanting sunsets from your balconies and the relaxing pool bar, with chill-out music will forever remain in your memories, reminding you of the serene calm and magic of Afroessa. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Ebookers, Priceline, Bookgreece.com, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Hotel.de, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Afroessa Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Afroessa Hotel Imerovigli
- Afroessa Hotel Santorini/Imerovigli