Just stop looking and book now...if there are any rooms left. Of all the places my husband and I have traveled, this was by far and away our favorite stay EVER. Ioanna and her staff run a fabulous boutique hotel with quintessential Greek style and world-class service. Let me begin with the location. This hotel is an old winery they converted in 10 picturesque rooms built into the side of the cliff. It's right along the "Old Path" and it's about a 25-30 minute walk to Fira and about a 2 hr walk to Oia (we actually made it in 1:40-45 each way with photo stops and it makes for a perfect activity), but we thought it was ideal...it was quiet (away from all the tourists in Fira) and even though we were right on the path, it was low season so foot traffic past our room was minimal, and we loved our room location (room 6) -- but we were still easily accessible to great restaurants and coming from NYC we didn't mind walking at all. Ioanna and her staff take care of everything...they arranged our airport transfer, booked our catamaran tour, recommended restaurants and made reservations each night and booked our ATV rental. Each morning we called up for breakfast and a delicious spread arrived on our terrace 15 minutes later. In the afternoons, they open the poolside bar for happy hour, which we certainly took advantage of, but we always made sure to be back on our terrace with a glass of wine for the most incredible sunsets we've ever seen. Supposedly Oia is the place to be for sunset, but the location of this hotel just might have that town beat. It was truly perfection every night. Even though Afroessa was completely booked while we were there, it was quiet and completely relaxing...it often felt like we had the place to ourselves! I really can't say enough about our incredible stay at Afroessa, but I think the ultimate compliment is to say that despite our long list of travel destinations, we're already talking about when we'll be back!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hotel "Afroessa." Afroessa hotel praises romance. Our guests experience the exceptional view from our "old canavas" rooms, set atop Santorini's hillside. The original site of a winery built in 1700, it was renovated in 1998 on its existing foundation. Our ten studios, each with its own unique archway are built on five levels, with their own magical view of the Caldera. Each studio is individually decorated giving each its own distinct character, yet maintaining the traditional style. The beds are built into the foundations and the furnishings and decorations chosen so as to enhance the warm and romantic feelings created by the surroundings. The priceless moments which you will experience during the enchanting sunsets from your balconies and the relaxing pool bar, with chill-out music will forever remain in your memories, reminding you of the serene calm and magic of Afroessa. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Ebookers, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Bookgreece.com, Cancelon, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd, Hotel.de and HotelQuickly so you can book your Afroessa Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Afroessa Hotel Imerovigli
- Afroessa Hotel Santorini/Imerovigli