My husband and I spent the first 4 nights of our honeymoon at the Afroessa, and since we were new to the Greek Islands, we had no idea what to expect. The hotel was so beautiful that I was overwhelmed when we arrived late at night.
The rooms are spacious, clean, obviously recently updated, and stunning. Each room has a private balcony area, and since you are literally on the edge of the caldera, each room has an incredible view. The showers are huge, which we found to be unusual during the rest of our trip, and I can't say enough about the beautiful pool and bar area. We weren't so impressed by the beaches of Santorini, and we found the perfect day was spent at the hotel pool looking out at the amazing view.
Equally important, the hotel staff was so incredibly friendly and helpful. The food at the hotel was delicious, and the owners were often at the hotel and happy to help us with our every need (including letting us hang out at the hotel pool on our last day even though checkout was a noon but our ferry didn't leave until 5). They arranged car rentals, cab rides, port transfers, and delivered delicious food and drinks. There was also one American on staff, who was a tremendous help to us as we tried to learn the very difficult language.
As you walk the footpath to Fira, you will see tons of other hotels, and because of the way everything is set up, you can often see into rooms and you can always see the other hotels pools and bars. Nobody even compared to Afroessa, and I have a feeling a lot of people were paying a lot more than we were.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hotel "Afroessa." Afroessa hotel praises romance. Our guests experience the exceptional view from our "old canavas" rooms, set atop Santorini's hillside. The original site of a winery built in 1700, it was renovated in 1998 on its existing foundation. Our ten studios, each with its own unique archway are built on five levels, with their own magical view of the Caldera. Each studio is individually decorated giving each its own distinct character, yet maintaining the traditional style. The beds are built into the foundations and the furnishings and decorations chosen so as to enhance the warm and romantic feelings created by the surroundings. The priceless moments which you will experience during the enchanting sunsets from your balconies and the relaxing pool bar, with chill-out music will forever remain in your memories, reminding you of the serene calm and magic of Afroessa. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Odigeo and Hotels.com so you can book your Afroessa Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Afroessa Hotel Imerovigli
- Afroessa Hotel Santorini/Imerovigli