“the best hotel in Santorini island!”
Review of Afroessa Hotel

Afroessa Hotel
Ranked #8 of 50 Hotels in Imerovigli
London
“the best hotel in Santorini island!”
Reviewed 29 June 2010

The hotel is gorgeous! I love the rooms and the style of decoration.
So cute, beautiful and relaxing! The view was breathtaking.. we didn't want to move from there!!! The best view of sunset from the whole island!
Service was also perfect. Well organized and friendly.
Everything was so beautiful!!!
Also the pool are at the edge of the caldera was very comfortable and quiet!

• Stayed June 2009, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (137)
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
Greece
Reviewed 29 June 2010

Afroessa Hotel was a fantastic location during our vacations this summer in Greece!
The view is amazing.. Service is perfect.. so familiar and so friendly!
Everyone was great with us! It was like we were in our own house!!!!
I wish I will be there again next year.
For your accomodation in Santorini I believe it is the best choice and I recommend it for all who want to relax and enjoy the beautiful sunset and the caldera view!
Rooms were traditional and with perfect decoration.. Just amazing!
Thanks guys for being a part of our vacations!

• Stayed June 2010, travelled as a couple
Wiesbaden, Germany
Reviewed 16 June 2010

My wife and I spent 5 nights in the Afroessa and I am glad we chose the great hotel. I spent a long time on tripadvisor researching and the Afroessa live up to every great review written on here. Not only do you get the best views on the Island but I also think the best hosts. If you need anything just ask and Aliki will call and arrange it for you such as dinner reservations, excursions, and rental cars. The rental car company they use is much less expensive than others I had researched, and they company has someone meet you at the hotel, sign the documents and then leave the car with you. I looked at other hotels on the island and from what I saw I wouldn’t want to stay anywhere else.

It’s about a 30 minute walk to Fira for anyone interested and I think maybe 2-3 hour hike to Oia. I tried that one day but decided it was either go all the way and get a cab back so I wouldn’t lose too much pool time or turn around halfway, which I did. The pool and patio views were just calling me.

My wife seems to think that now we have seen the best and will forever be comparing anywhere else we go to the Afroessa, I tend to agree.

Can’t wait to go back!

• Stayed June 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank rdeaner
Naperville, IL USA
Reviewed 14 June 2010

The Afroessa Hotel was an ideal place to stay on Santorini. Located in Imerovigli, between Oia and Thira, the hotel is beautiful and quiet. It has 6-7 levels that step down to the hotel pool, sea cliffs, and fantastic view of Oia. The lighting at the hotel at night was elegant and magical.
The hotel room was good-sized and comfortable with a small front porch. The living room with high-def TV got some good use. The bed and pillow allowed a good nights sleep, and the shower had good water pressure.
The staff at the Hotel Afroessa was extremely helpful. They had good suggestions for dinner, towels were readily available for use at the island beaches, they set up a very affordable car rental for me, and Eddy was ALWAYS available for anything that needed to be done. He had energy to spare.
When I return to Santorini, the Hotel Afroessa will be the place I stay.

• Stayed May 2010
Durham,England
Reviewed 13 June 2010

Every bit as good second time around.

My wife and I stated at Afroessa in sept 08 but I forgot to put a review on Trip Advisor, so I suppose this review has the benefit of a second stay.
Location - at the edge of the village of imerovigli - so peace - perfect peace with the only traffic noise from the cruise ships 300 ft below in the caldera. Views are to die for.
We were in room 10 just above the swimming pool - perfect location and very peaceful. At 140€ per night however I felt it was a little small with no chairs in the room but only on the balcony.
The staff were very friendly and helpful. Booking was easy via the Internet and owner Ioana always took an interest in how your stay was going.
Some good restaurants were just a 5 minute walk away (la maison and Bella Thira two that i would recomend. ) Thira is a half hour walk, 5 minute taxi ride (5€) away if you want some greater choice.
So overall excellent well located hotel with views to die for. I'll postcsome pictures when I get home .

• Stayed May 2010
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 8 June 2010

I did plenty of research before taking my trip to Santorini, as there seemed to be many great accomodation options all over the island. My wife and I were looking for a place that would provide some relaxation, away from the nightlife we had so enjoyed on Mykonos (where we had been before arriving in Santorini) but also a place with access to restaurants, bars, and shopping if we decided we wanted to go out.

I'm happy to report that Afroessa was exactly what we were looking for and so much more! It provided the peace and quiet of Imerovigli, while only being a 20-25 minute walk from the busier, bustling main town of Fira. What really made it a winner though, aside from the incredible view (which I might add was unmatched anywhere on the island we travelled), the clean, comfortable accomodations (that felt more like our home for the 5 days we were there than a hotel) was the warmth and friendliness of the staff. Top to bottom eveyone here really went out of their way to make you feel like you were at home. From suggesting places to eat (and making the reservations), to booking cars for us, providing tips on great places to see on the island etc Amalia, Aliki and the team really made our stay the highlight off our two weeks in Greece.

The question now is not IF we go back to Santorni, but WHEN do we go back. I can asure you when that happens the first place I will be checking for accomodation availability will be Afroessa!

• Stayed May 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank StrictlyLampin
kavala
Reviewed 6 June 2010

the afroessa hotel is the best place to stay if you visit santorini....the island by its self is amazing...staying at afroessa. makes your holiday unforgettable...i stayed for 4 nights there and i want more.....i loved the view...the room..the pool bar...the hospitality!!!! its so peaceful and beautiful...it is strongly reccomended for those who want holidays with H!!!!!

• Stayed May 2010, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Imerovigli
Pegasus Suites & Spa
Pegasus Suites & Spa
#16 of 50 in Imerovigli
Iconic Santorini, a boutique cave hotel
Villa Renos
Villa Renos
#4 of 80 in Fira
Anteliz Suites Santorini
Petit Palace Suites Hotel
San Antonio Suites
San Antonio Suites
#13 of 50 in Imerovigli

Been to Afroessa Hotel? Share your experiences!