The Afroessa Hotel is a beautiful small hotel located on the hillside of Imerovigli. We stayed for 4 nights and were warmly welcomed by reception who provided some great advice for things to do and see on Santorini.
The service at Afroessa is nothing short of First Class, and amazingly Friendly - Well beyond our expectations - This is a well organised outfit who know how to cater for their guests. All necessary tourist information was also made available from the room.
We had the top room which made for easy access from the main road, but also meant a longer walk to the pool which is at the bottom of the hotel. We loved the layout of the room with the cave like feel and the raised bed and the kitchenette was a bonus. Although the room was clean, it is starting to show a few signs of wear and tear in the kitchenette and bathroom with a few bits and fittings being loose.
The pool was refreshing for the September heat, and although not large, was of an adequate size when compared to the average size of pools at neighbouring hotels - It was also less on display to foot traffic when compared to other hotels which was a bonus.
The View, Service and Value are the strongpoints for this hotel with the only suggested improvement being a freshen up to the bathrooms.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hotel "Afroessa." Afroessa hotel praises romance. Our guests experience the exceptional view from our "old canavas" rooms, set atop Santorini's hillside. The original site of a winery built in 1700, it was renovated in 1998 on its existing foundation. Our ten studios, each with its own unique archway are built on five levels, with their own magical view of the Caldera. Each studio is individually decorated giving each its own distinct character, yet maintaining the traditional style. The beds are built into the foundations and the furnishings and decorations chosen so as to enhance the warm and romantic feelings created by the surroundings. The priceless moments which you will experience during the enchanting sunsets from your balconies and the relaxing pool bar, with chill-out music will forever remain in your memories, reminding you of the serene calm and magic of Afroessa. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Bookgreece.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Afroessa Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Afroessa Hotel Imerovigli
- Afroessa Hotel Santorini/Imerovigli