“Great service, accomodation and views.”

La Maltese Estate Villa
Ranked #40 of 48 Hotels in Imerovigli
Milwaukee
“Great service, accomodation and views.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 August 2011

Visiting Santorini with small children is not an easy task. In fact, there are only a couple of places that we found that were open to having children at all, including La Maltese. Indeed, there are lots of adult activities, but with narrow cobblestone alleys, black sand beaches, great food, friendly people and other cool things, the island is heaven for adults and kids alike. And La Maltese is perfect as the base for your adventure. The two main employees, Samson and Emma, were fantastic in every regard. They treated our family (grandparents, children, grandchildren) with great respect, enthusiasm and kindness. I can't even begin to capture all of the small touches (the sudden smoothie that appeared at 4pm as we swam in the pool, the glass of ouzo at 11pm when I was sitting at the bar checking my email, etc.). They really add up. The place is not inexpensive, but if you feel like being pampered by excellent service with the added perk of a very authentic Santorini accomodation (essentially a luxury cavern with huge window overlooking the caldera). Oh yes, we're still talking about the chocolate croissants in the morning on the patio with the awesome view. Finally, the place seems to self-select nice people as your fellow guests -- typically people were in and out in 3 or 4 days, so we had a chance to meet nice people from all over Europe for our week-long stay. Everyone was friendly and kind to our children (who fortunately were well behaved) and it generally has a very warm atmosphere.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled with family
3 Thank jmdMilwaukee

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
London
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2011

We had our wedding at La Maltese in July and this was truly the most perfect place to get married. We had the whole hotel to ourselves and some of our guests for 3 days - brilliant fun! The staff are really friendly and helpful (special thanks to Sergio for looking after us at breakfast). The location is spectacular and the master suite room was amazing - so big! The food was also outstanding! I would definitely 100% recommend La Maltese for a destination wedding!

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank KiwigirlandLondonboy
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2011

The stunning views probably can eclipse the shortcomings of La Maltese. Cannot fault the location or the courteous service, but unless you stay in a Caldera room, i expect you'll be disappointed. We stayed in room 1, which was small with an unfit bathroom as described by a previous reviewer, Megwi, on 26th June and i totally agree with all of that person's comments. I expect we stayed in the same room! La Maltese sets itself up as luxurious and charges accordingly, but by offering a shabby pool area and bathrooms as described, needs to raise the bar higher and invest some money back into the property. There are no doubt many better places to stay, do your research, you'll find them....

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
6 Thank Seasonedtraveller071
Almaty, Kazakhstan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2011

I spent a wonderful vacation in Greece. I was in Athens,then went on the ferry to Mykonos and Santorini. Santorini Island simply left a lasting impression. I would like to mention a hotel, their cozy room, attentive staff and manager. It it a really best hotel!
Very very much like it... I fell in love with the island, its people, a sunset, a quiet romantic dinner by candlelight, a hearty and delicious breakfast from the chef.
Santorini will remain forever in my heart. I am very happy to visit this place and i recommend this hotel to everyone who wants to receive the same incredible services as well as vacation.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled solo
Athens, Greece
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 July 2011

I decided to surprise my children by taking them in a short trip to Santorini when my husband was on a business trip. My daughter had been begging to visit Santorini.

I searched for hotels in Santorini and a friend of mine told me about how nice La Maltese was. When I announced at children that we would go to Santorini they went crazy! My daughter was really excited and my son when we arrived and he saw the pool…he became the happiest child ever!

La Maltese is a really beautiful hotel with amazing view at Caldera! My daughter and I enjoyed many massages and my son was at the pool all the time! The restaurant was unbelievable too with perfect view and great food! Our room had also amazing view and was really comfortable for the three of us.

We will definitely go back to Santorini and La Maltese but all 4 of us! My husband will love this hotel as we did!

• Stayed May 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank markela_7
Athens
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 July 2011

Two weeks ago my husband and I had our first wedding anniversary and we decided to celebrate it by having a trip in one of the most romantic Islands of Greece, Santorini of course! We were looking for a hotel with great view for romantic moments at sunset time and with spa to relax… We finally booked at La Maltese Hotel and our choice was perfect! The Caldera view from every corner of the hotel was unbelievable and our suite was really big and comfort! I also have no words for the amazing veranda with the superb view! It was so romantic to stay there all day long…We stayed at La Maltese for one full week and we came back as different persons! We relaxed so much with the amazing spa massages sessions we had! Also I must say something that means a lot! We stayed in Santorini for one full week and except one day of sightseeing at Oia and other villages, we didn’t leave the hotel even for one drink at a bar…!!! We will never forget this trip and most of all we will never forget La Maltese because we’ll definitely visit it again and again and again!!!

Thank you very much Lamaltese !!

Room Tip: master suite for couples, romantic and private
  • Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
Athens, Greece
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 June 2011

21st of May 2011, a very special day to me & my husband!
La Maltese Estate Villa offered a magical wedding reception to both us and our guests!
Stunning view of the caldera from the terrace, remarkable service, very friendly staff, excellent food and great music! Absolute magic!
We really want to thank all the staff and especially, Vladimir for all his help the days before and after the wedding and Nikos (the chef!) who created a gastronomic buffet!
Congratulations!