Visiting Santorini with small children is not an easy task. In fact, there are only a couple of places that we found that were open to having children at all, including La Maltese. Indeed, there are lots of adult activities, but with narrow cobblestone alleys, black sand beaches, great food, friendly people and other cool things, the island is heaven for adults and kids alike. And La Maltese is perfect as the base for your adventure. The two main employees, Samson and Emma, were fantastic in every regard. They treated our family (grandparents, children, grandchildren) with great respect, enthusiasm and kindness. I can't even begin to capture all of the small touches (the sudden smoothie that appeared at 4pm as we swam in the pool, the glass of ouzo at 11pm when I was sitting at the bar checking my email, etc.). They really add up. The place is not inexpensive, but if you feel like being pampered by excellent service with the added perk of a very authentic Santorini accomodation (essentially a luxury cavern with huge window overlooking the caldera). Oh yes, we're still talking about the chocolate croissants in the morning on the patio with the awesome view. Finally, the place seems to self-select nice people as your fellow guests -- typically people were in and out in 3 or 4 days, so we had a chance to meet nice people from all over Europe for our week-long stay. Everyone was friendly and kind to our children (who fortunately were well behaved) and it generally has a very warm atmosphere.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- At the highest point of the Caldera, 250m above the sea on the top of the traditional village of Imerovigli, with spectacular views of the village, the cliff, the volcano, the famous sunset and the Caldera rim 10 km from Santorini International Airport and 10 km from Athinios Port 3 km from the capital of the island, Fira located La Maltese Estate, a neoclassic mansion-captain’s house, a true sample of luxury and culture have been renovated and converted to a luxury exclusive Hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Odigeo, Hotels.com, LoveHolidays, TravelUp, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Bookgreece.com, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your La Maltese Estate Villa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- La Maltese Hotel And Restaurant
- La Maltese Estate Villa Santorini/Imerovigli