“The staff was impeccible...”

La Maltese Estate Villa
Ranked #47 of 51 Hotels in Imerovigli
Reviewed 3 September 2011

We loved our room and the beautiful views but what really set this property apart from the rest was the staff. Bridgett was amazing and informative. She took the time to show us around the property, to show us everything on the map and to take care of any arrangements for outside excursions. While Bridget might be the most visible employee, all of them really put forth that extra effort. Also, the breakfast was very good.

What we didn't like about the property was the tiny pool (even compared to other caldera properties), the empty jacuzzi, the extremely limited range of the wifi (lobby only) and probably the most annoying of all... their selection of modern euro background music that you'll hear played at the sofitel and etc. Nothing about this property says modern from the cave rooms to the classical french decor in the lobby so the music choice was baffling. It screamed for Maria Callas not modern euro.

We loved it there and would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 22 August 2011

The hotel location is exceptional. It is on the top of the Imerovigli Mountain peak, with an incredible view of the Caldera. The hotel is very exquisite and has large common spaces – not usual for Caldera view hotel. The two pools are relatively small but covered our needs. The master suite was extremely large, extraordinarily beautiful and with an exceptional view from the balcony sunbeds. The room was cleaned twice (!!) a day, and always in the hours we were out of our room. The hotel personnel was highly discreet, but always there if we needed it. The hotel restaurant was an extraordinary experience (especially as we combined it with a sunset), and again the service was remarkable. In total it was an outstanding experience, which we will surely repeat in the future.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 August 2011

Visiting Santorini with small children is not an easy task. In fact, there are only a couple of places that we found that were open to having children at all, including La Maltese. Indeed, there are lots of adult activities, but with narrow cobblestone alleys, black sand beaches, great food, friendly people and other cool things, the island is heaven for adults and kids alike. And La Maltese is perfect as the base for your adventure. The two main employees, Samson and Emma, were fantastic in every regard. They treated our family (grandparents, children, grandchildren) with great respect, enthusiasm and kindness. I can't even begin to capture all of the small touches (the sudden smoothie that appeared at 4pm as we swam in the pool, the glass of ouzo at 11pm when I was sitting at the bar checking my email, etc.). They really add up. The place is not inexpensive, but if you feel like being pampered by excellent service with the added perk of a very authentic Santorini accomodation (essentially a luxury cavern with huge window overlooking the caldera). Oh yes, we're still talking about the chocolate croissants in the morning on the patio with the awesome view. Finally, the place seems to self-select nice people as your fellow guests -- typically people were in and out in 3 or 4 days, so we had a chance to meet nice people from all over Europe for our week-long stay. Everyone was friendly and kind to our children (who fortunately were well behaved) and it generally has a very warm atmosphere.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled with family
3  Thank jmdMilwaukee
Reviewed 4 August 2011

We had our wedding at La Maltese in July and this was truly the most perfect place to get married. We had the whole hotel to ourselves and some of our guests for 3 days - brilliant fun! The staff are really friendly and helpful (special thanks to Sergio for looking after us at breakfast). The location is spectacular and the master suite room was amazing - so big! The food was also outstanding! I would definitely 100% recommend La Maltese for a destination wedding!

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank KiwigirlandLondonboy
Reviewed 30 July 2011

The stunning views probably can eclipse the shortcomings of La Maltese. Cannot fault the location or the courteous service, but unless you stay in a Caldera room, i expect you'll be disappointed. We stayed in room 1, which was small with an unfit bathroom as described by a previous reviewer, Megwi, on 26th June and i totally agree with all of that person's comments. I expect we stayed in the same room! La Maltese sets itself up as luxurious and charges accordingly, but by offering a shabby pool area and bathrooms as described, needs to raise the bar higher and invest some money back into the property. There are no doubt many better places to stay, do your research, you'll find them....

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
6  Thank Seasonedtraveller071
Reviewed 21 July 2011

I spent a wonderful vacation in Greece. I was in Athens,then went on the ferry to Mykonos and Santorini. Santorini Island simply left a lasting impression. I would like to mention a hotel, their cozy room, attentive staff and manager. It it a really best hotel!
Very very much like it... I fell in love with the island, its people, a sunset, a quiet romantic dinner by candlelight, a hearty and delicious breakfast from the chef.
Santorini will remain forever in my heart. I am very happy to visit this place and i recommend this hotel to everyone who wants to receive the same incredible services as well as vacation.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 19 July 2011

I decided to surprise my children by taking them in a short trip to Santorini when my husband was on a business trip. My daughter had been begging to visit Santorini.

I searched for hotels in Santorini and a friend of mine told me about how nice La Maltese was. When I announced at children that we would go to Santorini they went crazy! My daughter was really excited and my son when we arrived and he saw the pool…he became the happiest child ever!

La Maltese is a really beautiful hotel with amazing view at Caldera! My daughter and I enjoyed many massages and my son was at the pool all the time! The restaurant was unbelievable too with perfect view and great food! Our room had also amazing view and was really comfortable for the three of us.

We will definitely go back to Santorini and La Maltese but all 4 of us! My husband will love this hotel as we did!

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank markela_7
Also consider these accommodations in or near Imerovigli
Dreams Luxury Suites
#35 of 51 in Imerovigli
Honeymoon Petra Villas
Honeymoon Petra Villas
#17 of 51 in Imerovigli

Been to La Maltese Estate Villa? Share your experiences!