“Wedding Venue”

La Maltese Estate Villa
Ranked #47 of 51 Hotels in Imerovigli
Reviewed 1 November 2012

We chose La Maltese for our reception as my wife saw a picture of one of their wedding table settings on internet and fell in love with it. So we decided to book La Maltese Estate villa as the wedding ceremony & reception venue for our wedding. Initial planning( Table setting, decoration, menu etc) was done via e mail and we only met the management two days before the wedding. They were very helpful in everything and tried their best to cater to our every demands, to the best of their abilities. Obviously, any extras was treated as such and was billed accordingly, which is absolutely normal...

The service was without fault. We initially wanted to have the dinner outside on their terraces but we soon realised that it would be too cold and windy. Their team immediately transferred the tables to the reception area, and moved all our candle and flower decorations inside too.Their catering team made sure that everyone enjoyed their food and drinks, always with a big smile on their faces.

Although a bit expensive overall, we did not regret our choice a bit and we will definitely pay them a visit the next time we go to Santorini.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank JeanEric_2012

Reviewed 31 October 2012

From the moment we arrived at the picturesque villa until we regretfully left four days later, we were treated with the best customer service we have ever received. this review is titled "but of course", because no matter what we asked Adelina and/or Alex to do or help us with, they ALWAYS replied with "but of course", AND THEY MADE IT HAPPEN! I have no idea what Adelina and Alex -whom my new wife and I will never forget-earn for their services, but I do know they made our stay and our Wedding Day 4 of the most memorable day(s) of our lives! They are wonderful!

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Daniel A
Reviewed 24 October 2012

My wife and I booked a sister property through Living Social. When the sister property could not honor its commitment, we were offered a move to La Maltese. After checking the La Maltese web site, we believed we were being "upgraded" to a "5-star" property to compensate for the inconvenience. While the room amenities did not live up to our "5-star" expectations, the room we were offered was clean and comfortable. The real "stars" of the La Maltese experience are the extraordinarily competent staff -- Adelina and Alex -- who made our stay exceptional. Adelina greeted us warmly when we arrived, responded quickly to our every question, arranged car rental, pointed us to an inexpensive laundry service, provided detailed information about activities of interest around the island, and provided directions to them. Alex helped resolve internet connection problems I was experiencing, and met our every desire each morning for breakfast. Totally professional staff; well done.
This was the second trip to Santorini for both of us, but our first extended visit. The breath-taking views experienced during our first trip lured us back to Santorini, and they were just as extraordinary the second time around.

Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank FlyZ06
Reviewed 21 October 2012

We booked La Maltese through Secret Escapes paying in advance for our accommodation. On the face of the marketing it looked like we had booked a fantastic week at a third of the cost, this was not the case. Our room was dirty, the air conditioning was faulty, there was no way of ventilating the room other than to sleep with the French doors open leaving us with no privacy or security as the room was road facing on the ground floor. The bathroom was very basic for a supposed 5 star hotel with no extractor fan or window. Housekeeping was poor throughout the hotel. We did request a room change but only the adjacent rooms were allegedly available, despite the website saying otherwise. Needless to say after four nights of very little sleep we cut our losses and left. As there was no one on reception when we left we had the courtesy to email explaining the reasons for our departure and also recognising that we had a small outstanding bill for bar drinks. No response! My boyfriend retuned the following day to settle our account and very little apology was made.
on our return to the U.K I called Secret Escapes - the agent that I spoke to said that I was not the first complaint that they had received regarding the property and to email them with my concerns. The response that I have received back is pure fluff stating
that this was now in the hands of la Maltese management. The lesson to be learned I believe is do not use a third party unless you are familiar with the property. For us one of the frustrating elements of the complaint is that neither party will take responsibility. Please do not book la Maltese and think twice about booking through Secret Escapes as they are not all that they claim to be!

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
28  Thank Emily1973
Reviewed 17 October 2012

My daughter was married here on the 5th Oct 2012 and I cannot praise the staff that made the day very special for her and her husband high enough.
The day went magnificent with great thanks to her wedding planner Michael Gierkovits (Santorini weddings.com) if anyone is planning a wedding and want the best get in touch with Michael he is a perfect gent and takes all the stress away of what is a very big day. The hotel was perfect the views are tremendous (Although wish they would move the bloody electricity pole to the left as you look out at the volcano) but other than that perfect. As previously stated the staff are very helpful and the food was fantastic, we opted for the buffet there was plenty, the wine and beers are of very good standard as is the optic drinks and they make a mean cocktail.It was a magical day so a big thanks.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Paul F
Reviewed 17 October 2012

This is a small hotel, hidden up a tiny street with a quaint cobbled car park outside the entrance.
We were greeted and welcomed by Adelina who took us to the dining area gave us a glass of sparkling wine and a chat about the facilities in the hotel and surrounding area. Food was also offered as we arrived late. As we arrived after dark we didn't appreciate the views till the next day, they were beautiful! Our room was very nice though we did get an upgrade after a couple of days as our room was small and there was a larger one available. The staff were wonderful especially Adelina and Alex who were very attentive and couldn't do enough to make our stay just great.
The breakfasts were very good, huge choice! The menu for dinner was fabulous if somewhat limited. If you were to stay more than a week, choice would be limited but for such a small hotel it was very impressive. There are loads of great little restaurants close by though. There is an infinity pool which was quite cool but it is a perfect spot to watch the sunset which was stunning and Santorini is known for. Its also a good spot to sip a gin and basil smash during the day, in glorious sunshine, made perfectly by Alex. The only downside about this hotel is that it is very popular as a Wedding venue which is fine if the whole hotel is blocked booked but during our stay there was a Wedding Ceremony which took away some of the facilities for other hotel guests who were not attending the wedding. The staff did work very hard to keep everyone happy though! If you are looking for a wedding venue, its ideal, just book the whole nine rooms! You will get all the facilities to yourself!
A car is a good idea, the Island is very beautiful and worth touring!

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Anne R
Reviewed 15 October 2012

I recently had my wedding reception at La Maltese estate villas in July 2012 and I have nothing but praise to say for both the venue and the staff. We’re an Australian couple who are living and working in Dubai, who planned a destination wedding from afar, choosing not to hire any wedding planners and take all matters into our own hands. We corresponded with the friendly team at La Maltese and they were nothing but professional, patient and responsive, showing nothing but the highest level of customer service and support. They understand what it means to organize a successful wedding, as they are experts and organize hundreds of wedding every year.

I corresponded mainly with Ms. Giota, who was just wonderful and attended to my every need and demand (and they were plenty!). We emailed almost on a daily basis to discuss all the details. She also organized the cake, music DJ and all the decorations with the local vendors on the island on our behalf, and was very diligent in doing so.

As part of our package, we were upgraded to the honeymoon suit, which was very spacious and luxurious, with two separate stories, and plenty of space for getting ready on the day. The photographer was able to take amazing shots in the room, which had an incredible view of the caldera.

The food for the reception was absolutely delicious! From mains to desserts, all the guests were raving about it, the lamb was well cooked, the salads fresh and the dessert delectable. The chef indeed did an incredible job. The table arrangements and flowers were a work of art! All I literally had to do was send Giota pictures of what I wanted from magazine clippings, and here they were on my wedding day exactly the same.

We even decided on the day before the wedding that we wanted to have fireworks, and even though it was soooo last minute, they were able to organize it in time, which was very impressive. Everything run on time, and the wine was consistently free flowing all night long.

Guests were treated to sunset views of the caldera while sipping on the welcome cocktail which the chef whipped up for us, strawberry champagne, it was delicious! The Dj played the songs that we requested, and knew our taste so he also included songs that matched the mood of the night and got everyone on the dance floor. Everyone was having such a great time that the reception ended up going over time by an hour and a half! Despite this, the staff was so accommodating and friendly, they even partied with us.

After the reception, they organized for a bus to take the guests back to their different locations where they were staying, and even though we were more than one hour late, we did not have to pay them any late fees.

Overall, we could not have been happier with how everything went on our special day. Despite corresponding with La Maltese for almost a year via email, and hundreds of emails later, I expected to show up the week of the wedding and have to recap everything to La Maltese, but no. All the correspondences were printed, highlighted, and detailed, nothing was lost in communication, which is a Bride’s worst nightmare, especially when there is A LOT of details involved!

Early on during my research stages for venues, I knew only La Maltese could offer the standard I require for my big day, and I was not disappointed. If you are looking at having your wedding in Santorini, La Maltese is a venue that cannot be rivaled. It is always nerve wrecking to plan a wedding from afar, but with La Maltese you are in good hands, and dealing with a team that is professional and can be trusted. Oh if only I can go back and do it all again!

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
7  Thank dibrahim
Also consider these accommodations in or near Imerovigli
Dreams Luxury Suites
#26 of 51 in Imerovigli
Cocoon Suites
Cocoon Suites
#20 of 51 in Imerovigli

Been to La Maltese Estate Villa? Share your experiences!