As everyone else says, Adelina is an abolute gem. Roger was sweet to me on the last day but not before, Nick is amazing and clearly insanely overworked. But the rest no - don't go near it I'm afraid. This was my first ever solo holiday. And on the first day I wanted to go home. My room was not sea facing as I had been promised but backed onto a tiny passageway near the road. My bed was up a perilous wooden staircase. The enitre 'suite' stank which I mentioned several times though nothing was done. At the other end of the room were the staff quarters so I could always hear plates being washed up, orders being shouted and the preferred space for smoking fags was right outside my bathroom so I had to close my window when showering (thus capturing the pong) without being seen. The phone didn't work (though the lovely Adelina let me use the hotel phone, but I therefore had to do so in public). The TV had only local Greek channels, no satellite tv. The pool is tiny and impossible to get out of - why no steps or ladder? It really put me off getting in and was made worse by the fact that you are forced to gaze at all the other nearby hotel' far superior pools. Nothing was 'included' at all - not even water - at these prices, one would expect a bottle of water in the room. Other hotels (Fours Seasons and the like) bring guests bits to eat or drink around the pool - they aim to "surprise and delight". There is none of that here - no one even asks if you woudl like a drink when you are at the pool. Each time I wanted something, I had to go and find someone , even knocking on the kitchen door. There are nowhere near enough staff - at times (breakfast) one waiter was serving all the breakfasts, managing the reception, taking room service orders and then delivering them. He couldn't do it all and it certainly was not his fault. There is so much corner cutting in this hotel. The company with whom I had booked had messed up my dates to I was forced, ont the spot to pay for two whole days that I wasn't there even though I told them that I woudl sort this out from England. Again this is not normal practise. None of this would have mattered TOO much but on the Saturday, at breakfast I realised that the (very samll) hotel was hosting a wedding. Non one had told me this on booking, nor on checking in nor even the night before. It then became apaprent, that the hotel was expecting all of the guests to leave for the day and evening becuase the wedding was taking place throughout and the kitchen etc was closed for guests. No one apologised. No one explained. No one said "we have a reciprocal arrangement with another hotel so do go there for the day" or "here's supper on us". Nothing. We either had to stay in our rooms, food and drinkless or leave until the next morning (apart from sleeping). So basically La Maltese is making a fortune from its paying guests who it then turfs out to make a simultanous fortune from a wedding party. Without explanation or apology! I've never heard of anthing so greedy or ill mannered in my life. No where else in the world would do this, with no notice and no compesnsation. The next morning the poor staff were exhausted and things were even slower than usual. I heard three other couple being taken around to check it out for their weddings - this is obviously a frequent occurence and each couple is assured that the hotel will be "all theirs". Adelina is wasted on this place which simply exists to strip its 'guests' of cash. Steer clear. And someone else snap Adelina up fast.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- At the highest point of the Caldera, 250m above the sea on the top of the traditional village of Imerovigli, with spectacular views of the village, the cliff, the volcano, the famous sunset and the Caldera rim 10 km from Santorini International Airport and 10 km from Athinios Port 3 km from the capital of the island, Fira located La Maltese Estate, a neoclassic mansion-captain’s house, a true sample of luxury and culture have been renovated and converted to a luxury exclusive Hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Bookgreece.com, TravelUp, LoveHolidays, Hotel.de, Traveltool, S.L.U., TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your La Maltese Estate Villa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- La Maltese Hotel And Restaurant
- La Maltese Estate Villa Santorini/Imerovigli