We arrived at La Maltese Estate after a few days of wandering graffiti-covered Athens and a 7-hour ferry trip. We rented a car from the ferry dock and got completely lost trying to find the hotel, to the point where Adelina had to stand outside and flag us down to get us to the right spot. When we finally arrived at the hotel, frazzled and irritable, it was just before sunset. Adelina handed us a couple of limoncello martinis and sent us outside to watch the sunset. From that moment, we were wild about La Maltese Estates!
The property is absolutely charming. When you first arrive, the main building is beautifully decorated, and flows out to the tastefully appointed pool area. As you gaze over the Caldera, there is a charming bar area, an infinity pool, and a lovely lounging area. When you walk down a few steps, you come to the two-floor suites. We stayed in the middle suite, which is built into the mountainside, and it was just gorgeous. The entire suite was done up in white with orange accents, and was very comfortable. There was a bedroom, bathroom and sitting room on the first floor, and a loft (with half bath) upstairs. The view from both the main building and our room was breathtaking.
My husband and I decided to enjoy a romantic dinner in the dining room, and ordered room service dinner for our children. Both meals were fabulous, and we all enjoyed our separate dinners immensely! Breakfast the next morning was also quite delicious!
My daughter was chatting with Adelina at some point, and mentioned that we were taking a midnight ferry back to Athens the next day. Adelina approached us and offered us complimentary use of the hotel's interior-view rooms for that afternoon and evening so that we would have somewhere to rest while waiting for the ferry. She really went above and beyond, and we could not have been more appreciative!
This is a wonderful resort with delightful staff! I can't wait to return!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- At the highest point of the Caldera, 250m above the sea on the top of the traditional village of Imerovigli, with spectacular views of the village, the cliff, the volcano, the famous sunset and the Caldera rim 10 km from Santorini International Airport and 10 km from Athinios Port 3 km from the capital of the island, Fira located La Maltese Estate, a neoclassic mansion-captain’s house, a true sample of luxury and culture have been renovated and converted to a luxury exclusive Hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travel Republic (UK), HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, Hotels.com, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your La Maltese Estate Villa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- La Maltese Hotel And Restaurant
- La Maltese Estate Villa Santorini/Imerovigli