One thing to remember, is that the area, Imerovigli's higher prices doesn't indicate a 5 star quality of room. The price you're paying for is for the view. Which is.. just.. magical. Don't expect 5 star quality rooms unless you're willing to pay $1000/night.
This area is quite romantic, which is hilarious being a single lass doing a bit of trekking before she moves to London!
There are larger rooms available which are nice and spacious, with a mini balcony.
They're one of those famous cliff facing villas, and the room is decent. You'll have to ensure you don't flush toilet paper, but that's quite standard on the islands. And to not drink the water, that's also standard on the islands.
I also read a few notes that the bathroom is too small. I found it larger than a lot of other European bathrooms, especially in Paris where the toilet & shower were IN THE BEDROOM. Haha! It honestly isn't that small I think.
The one thing that stood out for me in this place is the service. I unfortunately got tonsillitis on the first days of my trip to Santorini and the hotel manager was kind enough to look after me and got me my antibiotics from the pharmacy, to save me the steep walk back. Always offering tea or food - I've never had better service, ever!
Nice walk to & from Fira, and close to the bus stop in order to catch the bus there, or to Oia. The hike to Oia is about 2.5hours.
There's a nice grocery store closeby, there's also a few restaurants and care hire places as well.
Just remember, you're paying for the view, and I think it's well worth it!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Anita's Villa is a traditional complex, located at Imerovigli, the picturesque and tranquil village of Santorini. Built on the edge of the cliff face, known as Caldera, it offers a limitless view of the entire gulf, the volcano and the most famous sunset in the world. All studios and apartments are equipped with kitchenette, private bathroom, A/C, TV, telephone. Here traditional Greek hospitality together with impeccable professional service combine to make your holidays unforgettable! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA, Travel Republic (UK) and Cancelon so you can book your Anita's Villa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Anita`s Villa Hotel Imerovigli
- Anita's Villa Santorini/Imerovigli