“Five star experience”
Review of Hotel Kallisto

Hotel Kallisto
Ranked #46 of 51 Hotels in Imerovigli
Reviewed 18 June 2012

Being Greek and after travelling for many years to Santorini, I finally find this beautiful hotel with the most amazing view to the volcano... Spacious rooms, picturesque scenery, friendly and smiling personel. Felt like being a guest to a local people's house, enjoying a five star service and being spoiled at the same time!
Aliki T

Room Tip: Ask for suite number 6
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Aliki T

Dear Miss Aliki,

Thank you very much for your good words, it is very kind of you. It has been more than a pleasure to have you here with us. Hope to see you again during the season, and of course we will be happy to treat you with excellence once again. Ευχαριστούμε πολύ!

Kind regards,

Reviewed 6 June 2012

One of the best!!! I travel very much and normally stay in Hyatt, Marriott or Hilton. This hotel does not have the workout rooms and some of the extras that you expect from big names, but overall it is much better than most big brands. I stayed there with my wife and children from May 31st through June 4, 2012, and I highly recommend this facility. The staff are wonderful and they go out of their way to make sure you are comfortable and enjoying your stay. All the suites are very beautiful, extremely clean, very fashionably decorated, and include satellite digital (LCD) TVs, nice small stereo system, small fridge, very nice and clean bathrooms, bathrobe towels, and all the luxury that you would expect from a five star hotel. STAY AWAY FROM BLUE DOLPHINE. If I ever go back to Santorini, I will definitely stay in the same facility. We stayed in suites number 1, 2, and 3(for one night) and all three were fantastic. I paid 100.00 Euros per night per suite and breakfast was included (what a bargain for price!!!). The pictures on their website are real and not Photoshoped like many others who have removed power lines and junk out of pictures.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
4  Thank Paul K

Dear Sir,

Thank you very much for your kind words and compliments. We highly appreciate your possitive contribution. Your stay with us has been really astonishing. I do not wish to flatter but I need to say that you have been a guest of excellence. We will be glad to welcoming you again. Wish you the best further on with your holidays.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 21 November 2011

We chose our hotel for 7 nights carefully being aware that some rooms in Santorini are more like caves so the villa feel appealed. When we arrived we were told they were overbooked and showed us to a substitute room for the first 2 nights with a promise if an upgrade afterward. I can only describe the room as a hole. It was shocking, a far cry from the 4 star refurbished suite I had booked. We objected and after an hour or so they moved us into a nice room with a mezzanine bedroom, fridge, small shower next to the pool which was what I'd booked. But I shouldn't have had to make a fuss and ruin the start of the holiday. I observed this happened to other people during the week (one group spent 3 hrs in reception arguing and complaining). The breakfast was fine (same every day) but staff were friendly. No restaurant but plenty of places to walk to. Try the walk to Oia (3hrs) or Fira (45 mins). I would recommend but beware the erratic approach to room allocation which could turn into a rip off.

• Stayed: September 2011
4  Thank We-love2travel-home

Dear Sir,

Thank you for your comments in our hotel. Unfortunately, as far as I am aware of your writings you are mistaking Hotel Kallisto with Alexander Villas, which is our siter hotel. Besides, judging from what you write you mention a villa and not the hotel. We do accept all your comments, it's just that you are writing about the wrong hotel. Most propably, you are referring to Alexander Villas which is next to Hotel Kallisto. So, with all my respect you are mistaking Alexander Villas with Hotel Kallisto. Regarding Alexander Villas, I need to mention my point below:

We do apologize for any confusion made at the check in, it was not within our intention. So, immediately we provided you with the room you had booked at Alexander Villas. Check in was at Hotel Kallisto, but your stay was at Alexander Villas. We will be glad to welcoming you again. Thank you.

Reviewed 14 October 2011

I did a lot of searching before this trip. I have been to Santorini before, but just by cruise and didn't stay on the island. The staff was top notch and as I am very picky about service, this crew provided everything necessary. I proposed at Sounion the day before we flew down to the island. For a vacation, staying in Imerovigli is a must! It's so quiet and relaxing. If we weren't getting married in the winter, we would be back there again for the honeymoon for sure! What I found out on the second day was that this hotel is located only 5 mins from the iconic dome churches that Santorini is famous for. Was able to take some shots of those, only to see the next months cover of travel & leisure rank Santorini as a continuous top island in the world. I reiterate, stay here if you can afford to!

Room Tip: Superior Room was plenty for two of us! Never touched the TV or AC!
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 September 2011

Hotel staffs are very friendly & helpful who understand our needs & concern our stay. Located between Oia & Fira so no noisy tourists walking around or cooking smell from all the restaurants. You cannot see sunset but you always can go to Oia by bus or motorcycle in 15mins.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 July 2011

If you ever stay in Santorini, Imerovigli is the best spot to stay, just 15 min coastal walk from the busy town of Fira or 5 euro cab ride. The hotel was located in a great spot, right on top of the caldera cliffs, therefore no other hotels above you. We had a Superior loft room, which compared to other hotels was a little bigger in size. It had it's own Kichenette and sofa lounge, however the only downfall was the very tiny bathroom. The hotel is on the Fira facing cliffs, so the views by far were the most magnificent. Only a five minute walk to the other side of the cliffs we got to watch the most amazing sunsets come down over Ia.

The staff at the hotel were helpful and friendly, especially 'Dan', who was always in near reach for anything you required (ie. towels, breakfast, etc). Breakfast was good and was made up of toasted sandwiches, fresh pastries, cake and fresh coffee.

The pool was beautiful, big compared to others and right outside the villa. As we got there at the end of May it was a little quiet, so we really enjoyed the alone time and peace. However the pool is right out the front of our villa, so it can also get a little noisy should kids stay.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank MelSydney8
Reviewed 29 June 2011

We loved this hotel! We were greeted by friendly, helpful staff (who carried our luggage to our room and settled us in with a bottle of champagne and fruit plate. We were amazed at the view from the pool/bar area.... it's absolutely stunning! (Great place to enjoy a cocktail)The hotel is located at the very top of the caldera, so there are not any other hotels/people looking down on you. It was a fairly small complex so there were always free deck chairs and lots of space. We would definately recommend Hotel Kallisto and would also recommend hiring a quad to see the rest of the island...was one of our best vactions ever!

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Imerovigli
Merovigliosso Apartments
#37 of 51 in Imerovigli
Aroma Suites
Aroma Suites
#31 of 81 in Fira

Been to Hotel Kallisto? Share your experiences!