“Stunning view!”
Review of Hotel Kallisto

Hotel Kallisto
Ranked #46 of 51 Hotels in Imerovigli
Reviewed 11 July 2013

I was in Kallisto with my sister in july. This hotel has some pluses and minuses:
The best view in santorini
Good service, nice people, working there
Spacious rooms
Good swimming pool and sun beds
Location( very close to Jimmy's- rental, what is very important for good vacation in Santorini, close to the center of Fira with all its shops and restaurants, very close to some restaurants and souvenir shops)

Breakfast. The only thing you will eat will be yoghurt. So you have two options: to order there omlet or to have a breakfast in different place.
Not very comfortable rooms.

Also, if you go in Santorini for vacation, I would like to recommend you to rent a car ( what we also did) and to go to the Perissa beach( it is the best on Santorini, 20 minutes by car from the hotel), there are also a lot of bars and restaurants, so you can spend whole the day there. You should also visit Red beach, which is very beautiful( it is not as convenient as Perissa, but worth 1 time visit, 15 minutes by car from the beach).

• Stayed: July 2013

Reviewed 4 July 2013

We were a little apprenhensive at first as our original accomodation had been overbooked so we were uprgraded to Hotel Kallisto. I can honestly say we were not disappointed, the rooms were huge and very clean, the breakfast on the balcony was a treat and the views were simply breathtaking. Julian (the hotel manager) did every possible to ensure our stay was second to none. The staff were awesome, you never had to ask for anything it just happened. The pool was nice, not heated but really didnt need to be. Outstanding service, brilliant hotel, stunning views, didnt want to leave....

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Gaylynne
Reviewed 28 June 2013

My wife and I decided at the last minute to spend a week in Santorini. As it turned out, we were lucky enough to book the Master Suite at the Hotel Kallisto. Mr. Zamos could simply not have been more accommodating, way more like a personal friend or relative hosting us as guests rather than as a hotel manager. He was patient with us through the booking process as we asked a ton of questions, and was always prompt to reply. Once we were there, he bent over backwards to satisfy our slightest request. The Suite was clean and spacious, the views spectacular. His recommendations for things to see and restaurants at which to eat were outstanding. If all of that weren't enough, he allowed us to use the Suite well beyond the normal check-out time (our flight was not until 10:00 that night). We not only highly recommend the Kallisto, we can't wait to go back soon ourselves!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Julian Z, Manager at Hotel Kallisto, responded to this reviewResponded 29 June 2013

Dear Sir,

Thank you very much for your very warm compliments towards my pesronality. Needless to say that I am really flattered. Allow me to say though that, the whole success is not really mine but it belongs to my faithfull colleagues too. Whithout them I would not have made it. For me working in an Hotel is not just a typical job to make some money, it is rather a social interaction with the guests, and certainly that makes me happy! My colleagues and I personally do try to do our best. Hope to see you back some day! It will be our pleasure!

Warm island greetings!

Reviewed 10 June 2013

We had a lovely stay at Hotel Kallisto with our toddler in May 2013. The room (master suite) was wonderful, very spacious, and super clean, with a balcony/veranda with views to die for. Having breakfast on the balcony every morning was definitely a highlight of our holiday, talk about breakfast with a view! The pool is big enough to be an actual pool (not just a oversized bath-tub) and we really enjoyed swimming in it.

The staff are wonderful, very friendly and discreet and willing to help with any questions and queries. Julian's restaurant recommendations were spot on, and we loved feeling so welcome.

The hotel's location is great: you have great views over the caldera, it's easy to get to Oia and Fira by either bus (2 min walk to bus stop) or car (they can help with a rental car). Walking to Fira by the lovely coastal path is also a great option, but definitely takes longer than the 10 minutes other reviewers have mentioned, more like 30 minutes.

Would definitely recommend going here, and we'd definitely stay here again next time we're in Santorini.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank NGS1977
Reviewed 19 May 2013

We had a lovely 3 days. The view from the hotel was breath-taking. The room was beautifully decorated, very clean, all facilities. The swimming pool was not heated but well sized and of adequate depth. The staff were very friendly and discreet, and made us feel really comfortable and welcome. The only thing that was slightly disappointed was breakfast. No cereal/fruit/yoghurt were offered. Instead, there were toasted sandwiches, bread and jab, orange juice, and coffee tea, also a cake. On the whole, this is a lovely hotel and very good value for money!

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 May 2013

I was originally going to stay only 3 nights at this hotel in early May but ended up staying 2 more nights because of my experience at the hotel. I was very sad to leave actually! I was given a two story room to stay in which was great because I could relax downstairs on the sofa with a view overlooking the pool. But what really stood out was the hotel amenities. The professional pictures are pretty accurate with regards to what the view was like. I rarely left the sofa directly overlooking the caldera and took my breakfast there each morning (which was also quite good)! The staff at the hotel were also excellent. Julian- the hotel manager- was very kind and resourceful and he genuinely cared about the guests' needs. The location of this hotel is perfect if you are looking for something a little bit away from the tourists in Fira but close enough to still walk there (about a 10 minute walk). It was perfect for my stay in Santorini!

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 8 May 2013

very nice hotel, incredible view, friendly staff. wifi in the room. i can recommend this hotel in every sense. the only negative aspect: breakfast is a bit poor: good bread, but no fruits or yoghurt. overall very good!

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Imerovigli
Merovigliosso Apartments
#37 of 51 in Imerovigli
Aroma Suites
Aroma Suites
#29 of 81 in Fira

Been to Hotel Kallisto? Share your experiences!