Although a bit tricky to find, this place was a real gem amid a sprawl of other accommodation. Flora was an unbeatable host and was very enthusiastic about her island. She offered us juice when we arrived and several good suggestions for our short stay.
The small table on the veranda had an outstanding view where you could see both Fira and Oia and of course the gorgeous sunset. We were spoiled beyond doubt. Flora also arranged for us to have breakfast delivered from a nearby restaurant on our balcony, although I don't think she does this for everyone.
The room was separated into 3 levels - on the bottom was the bathroom and a spare room with a bed, the main floor was the kitchen, couch, and small table, and a few stairs lead up to the master bedroom, which was dreamily comfy. Lots of natural light and you can even see the views from bed!
When we checked out, Flora was not there so we left our keys in her office with a small note. Once she found it, she called us and apologized for not wishing us farewell, and asked to ensure everything was okay. One of those additional measures that you don't get from everyone.
All that being said, we paid the low season price for which it was great value. If we had been traveling in high season, the prices would have been a bit steep for us. In any case, we were very happy that we had stayed here, and would definitely recommend it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- ARCHouses hotel is situated in Imerovigli - known for the breathtaking view to the Caldera - at the highest point of the settlement. The hotel lies 50m. from the church of Panagia Maltesa ( Maltese ) and 1.8 km from Fira, the capital of the island. The hotel offers magnificent views of the volcano, the Aegean Sea and the, undoubtedly, most famous sunset in the world.The ARCHouses complex is a mixture of traditional cycladic and modern architecture. The architect and householder of Archouses, Mrs. Flora Nastouli, has designed all spaces with much love giving attention to every detail. The fine structural lines and the quality of materials used (linen & silk) create an elegant and luxurious ambience that adds extra comfort in your vacation. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA so you can book your Arc Houses reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Arc Houses Hotel Imerovigli
- Arc Hotel Imerovigli
- Arc Houses Santorini/Imerovigli