All reviewsarmonia suiteprivate pool and jacuzziour honeymoonevery morninghot tubromance packagedream come truefoot trafficrestaurants and shopsbreathtaking viewscatamaran tourliving roomjaw droppingprior to our arrivalthe location is perfectbeautiful place to stayrental car
Reviewed 9 July 2009

I was NOT impressed with this hotel nor its management George. He was surprised that I was a Single Traveler, even after I had made the reservations specifically stating I would be 1-Person. (I have heard other travelers say this attitude in Greece is common, especially if the traveler is a single female traveler. I was a male single traveler, and I was looked down upon. ? ? ? He was cold and inattentive and difficult to communicate with and get a warm feeling from. I had a family emergency involving my 86 yr. old father. I told George I had to leave earlier than expected, his first response, in a cold, dead stare, was "you will have a early cancellation fee". I told him, I had intended to pay for the full 6-nights I originally reserved. I was not looking for a refund. His main concern was (money), how nice! I found this attitude replete across Greece. The Athens hotel (Grande Bretagne) also charged me full stay after an emergency cancellation, Even the Greek airlines had this attitude. I did not find this to be true with the German Accommodations or Airlines.
The other hotel staff Giorgis and Reana were so pleasant and attentive. They were very Humble and Hard-working souls. The room was The Armonia, which I think was built for a 3 foot person, as I had to bend down just to see myself in the bathrrom mirror. I hit my head on the step down into the bathroom, so be careful if you are over 4-feet tall.
I was expecting a more warm, caring, and accommodating experience in Greece, but I did not find it. I will probably never travel to Greece. My suggestion for anyone is to stay in the South Pacific, New Zealand, Tahiti, Australia . . . but not Greece. There was a grafitti on many walls, particularly, one wall 1-block from Fira Airport that said, "F- - - The Police". I noticed trash on emply lots near the hotels along the walkway around the island. Why? I cannot understand why the hotels or religious community cannot get citizens together to clean up the island trash. The sign near the airport said a lot to me, it shouted the attitude I found on the island and thorughout Greece. So sad to see Greece sink into a 3rd world country mentality.

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled solo
17  Thank BrianSanDiego
Reviewed 8 July 2009

My bride and I started our honeymoon here from 28 Apr - 4 May. We had the Colours of Dreams package. We booked the Nefeli Suite in December. When we arrived, we had been upgraded to the Armonia, what a spectacular surprise!

Artemis and George are the managers who run the 4 suite hotel. Since we had private car, they met us at the parking lot. Throughout the stay they worked to meet our every need. From the laptop that died, that they quickly replaced, to the inability of us to figure out how to run the water, everything was handled professionally and with concern. There is genuine concern from them that things should always run smoothly. There are provided laptops and wireless.

For dinner they would always recommend a place. I suggest taking heir recommendations. We had some spectacular food at Saltsa and Galini Fish Tavern. We had no problem with a rental car. In fact we enjoyed it better than an ATV. There were many of those, and moved much slower. So unless you wanted to spend a lot of time getting from place to place and not in place to place, then I suggest the car. Keep in mind the busy season limits the traffic in Fira and parking might become a problem.

The hotel isn't so far from Imerovigli or Fira that walking was a problem. You shouldn't expect to wear heels anyway. My wife and I neither had blisters after 6 days and we aren't very active. Be sure to ask for detailed directions to places you go by foot, like Skaros. We just walked around until we found the path down. It was kind of lucky!

The breakfasts were plentiful that you choose the night before. There is also a small kitchen area if you want to prepare things. We visited a small bakery to prepare lunch one day.

The pool was a bit chilly because of the time of year, but as summer comes I bet its great! Nefeli and Orfeas both have hot tubs while we don't know about Fovios. The whole property is pretty well secluded and Folios and Armonia are the most secluded from the other guests. Regardless since likely there are only 6 other guests and a few staff members it shouldn't matter.

We had a great time and we anticipate returning to Santorini and spending a few more days at Dreams. There are also a few other little surprises but I won't spoil them for you! I welcome any questions you have!

Stayed: April 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Quellman
Reviewed 6 July 2009

First of all, this is the best place we have ever stayed. We are already dreaming of going back for our 5th wedding anniversary (if not sooner). It was truly a perfect stay and a great start to our honeymoon. After almost 24 hours of travelling, we somehow felt refreshed upon our arrival. We were greeted by the lovely Artemis who showed us the breathtaking and unbelievable view of the water, volcano, and rest of the caldera, as well as our room complete with welcome champagne and fruit basket. They have thought of all the right touches to include in the Nefeli Suite, including a most comfortable bed; flat screen TV; dimming lights; votive candles; interesting body washes; free internet; and a kitchenette. We really enjoyed the patio of our room as well with the table to eat breakfast every morning, the Jacuzzi (which they turned into a cool pool for us upon request), comfy lounge chairs overlooking the caldera, the ample umbrella for shade, and a view of the sunset. George was also very friendly and helpful – he gave us a recommendation to one of the best meals we had all of our vacation. The breakfasts were quite tasty and you could choose from a wide variety of American or Greek options brought to your patio table at whatever time you requested; what a perfect way to wake up. The staff thought of everything to make our stay as easy and relaxing, including bringing cold peach iced tea and cold washcloths without us even asking one day we were lying out. The location was perfect as well – it is on one of the highest points of the caldera which makes for unreal views. It was tranquil and private, away from the towns and tourists. Yet, it was an easy walk to Firostefani and Fira to find more activity, shops, and restaurants. Very easy life to get used to! It was hard to leave for sure.

2  Thank RandB09
Reviewed 6 July 2009

WARNING: you may suffer from depression when you leave this hotel. Words really cannot describe the experience we had. George and Artemis truly make the experience spectacular, and will do whatever they can to make your stay perfect. The room was gorgeous, food excellent, and staff amazing. We loved how quiet it was.... for hours we would hear nothing but the ocean. Staying at the Dreams is worth every single Euro. Other than having to leave, the only other bad part is that you will seriously realize that you will never ever stay in a better hotel. Thank you Dreams!!!!!

Reviewed 14 June 2009

Words can not express our experience at Dreams. We stayed for 8 nights in the Nelfeli Suite and everything exceeded our expectations beginning with the transportation from the airport until our departure. Upon our arrival at the hotel we were greeted by the fabulous Artemis and were amazed at the gorgeous view as we rounded the corner into our suite. The view from every suite is breathtaking and the staff is just as incredible. Attention to detail was spectacular and every attempt was made to ensure we had a magnificent stay. The staff went out of their way to ensure our expectations were satisfied. Since we were on our honeymoon we decided to take advantage of the Romance Package and are so pleased that we did. While the hotel offers the intimacy, privacy and serenity we were looking for in accommodations, exploring the island on an ATV and sunset cruise provided adventure to appreciate the island for its many treasures. Our suite was only equipped with a hot tub and while this was enjoyable during the evenings, a suite with a pool during the hot summer months may be recommended. The location of this property was perfect in our perspective as we enjoyed the privacy and non touristy feel. The customer service was impeccable as our room was continually refreshed while constantly preserving our privacy. Waking up to a knock on our door at a time we requested and having our gigantic breakfast awaiting on our patio was wonderful. Be sure to take advantage of George's restaurant recommendations as every suggestion he had was superb. This was truly the honeymoon beyond our dreams and it would not have been the same without these hotel accommodations and the kind staff who satisfied our every need . George, Artemis and the entire staff make a great team and we look forward to returning to Dreams.

2  Thank Darlings2