“Wonderful place to stay in Imerovigli”

Anthonas Apartments
Ranked #6 of 28 Imerovigli B&B and Inns
Reviewed 2 July 2014

I stayed here in one of the apartments with two friends. It was a wonderful stay. The owners are very friendly and accommodating, able to recommend places to visit, eat at and other amenities. A 5 minute walk from Imerovigli village, fifteen minutes from Thira. Wonderful views over the water and surrounded by Bougainvillea flowers. Breakfast outside the room just by the pool. Prices flexible if you want to add a person to a small bungalow (we were 3 sharing a split story place with 1 double bed and a sofa bed downstairs). No AC, but the breez keeps it cool when you open windows.

Room Tip: We had a split level bungalow sharing for 3. Small place so all rooms are central. Big parties can a...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
3  Thank Tania K

Reviewed 24 June 2014

Excellent accomodation and a perfect place to explore Santorini from. Staff were very helpful, friendly and welcoming. Close to a regular bus route from thira to oiya, or only a 5 euro taxi into thira. Lovely coastal path viewing over the Caldera within a few minutes walk, and a direct sea view from the apartments. Swimming pool and rooms very clean, and a nice breakfast brought to your own personal dining table outside. Excellent place to stay.

• Stayed: June 2014
2  Thank Andygfd
Reviewed 17 June 2014 via mobile

If you are looking for Clean apartments with a wonderful pool, plus a hearty breakfast, and in a quiet location then this is the place for you! My husband and I, along with two of our friends stayed at this apartment and it was a welcoming home after a long day going around the wonderful places in Santorini. It is also a plus that this is near the bus stop too. Lia was also very accommodating, helping us on how to explore the island on our own! We had a wonderful experience at anthonas apartment. We'd stay here if we travel again to Santorini.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
4  Thank Ingrid P
Reviewed 17 June 2014

I booked my room based on good Trip Advisor reports and this place far exceeded my expectations.
This is a family run establishment and they work tirelessly to ensure that all aspects of their guests stay is good. Lia and her family are welcoming, cheerful and helpful. The apartments and the garden are immaculate and so much time and effort was put into tending the plants and cleaning the apartments, the attention to detail was impressive.
I was travelling alone and stayed in a studio (number 3). It was on the ground floor but I felt very safe there. Light and airy and simply but nicely decorated, the room provided everything needed, including a kitchenette which enabled me to make drinks and I could have cooked simple meals there. A full size fridge kept my drinks cool and there was a bag of ice and complimentary bottled water. The carpeted floor was cosy, there were extra blankets if needed and the air conditioning unit was easy to operate and efficient. My attractive terrace equipped with a small table, upright chairs and a sun umbrella provided the perfect spot to eat breakfast which was delivered on a tray each morning by Lia. A few steps from my terrace and I was by the beautiful swimming pool which again was so clean and well-kept. There were comfortable sun beds, enough for the occupants of the five apartments although most days I had the pool to myself. In the evening lanterns were placed by the pool and on the terrace tables which was quite romantic.
Tourists pay a fortune to stay in accommodation overlooking the caldera but Anthonas apartments overlooks the sea and a 2 minute easy walk away and you can watch the sunset from the coastal path. This is generally a quiet and unspoilt area of the island with a local taverna. I would recommend hiring a car to make the most of getting around the island although buses provide a regular service. I was a little apprehensive about driving there as the roads are narrow, twisty and busy but traffic moves slowly and it was easier than I had anticipated.
My only slightly negative comments about my stay at Anthonas would be that it is located above the road which runs between Fira and Oia so if you are sensitive to road noise it may be a problem, however the only time I really noticed it was when sitting by the pool. The shower curtain was a bit clingy too. These are two minor points which are far outweighed by the many positive aspects of staying here. Working in the travel industry I have been fortunate to stay in some wonderful establishments around the world but for a stay in a lovely, typically Greek establishment Anthonas Apartments would be difficult to beat, thank you!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 15 June 2014

We recently stayed here for the first leg of our Wedding/Honeymoon adventure in the cyclades, and was perhaps a bit spoiled by the experience here!

We arrived from Athens early in the morning, and unfortunately our room was not ready yet (current tenant had not checked out yet), however we were served breakfast by the pool, and our luggage was safely stored, allowing us to explore the area in the morning, which was a very nice gesture.

One of the things we enjoyed most about the apartments, was its location on Santorini. Imerovigli is kind of situated between busy Fira, and Oia. Anyone who has visited Santorini knows that it can be a pretty touristy island, however Anthonas Apartments definitely are not! You are away from the hustle and crowds of the busy towns, yet are within a short drive (or bus) to anywhere you'd want to go.

The pool area and rooms are beautiful, and comfortable. You are served a different breakfast on your patio every morning (at the time of your choosing!), which was always delicious. If you're lucky, you might even get the chance to play with zou-zou (the resident dog... super cute!).

The staff are always pleasant, and were probably the nicest people we have ever met, always going out of their way to make sure your stay is perfect, and will help plan any excursions you may want to try.

This will be the only place we ever stay on Santorini!

Room Tip: All the rooms have either a balcony or patio overlooking the pool. Catch a sunrise if you can... ab...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 May 2014 via mobile

When I booked the room, admitadly I thought it had views to the west, which when We arrived it was to the east but was fine as it still had a magic outlook.

Lia made extra effort to set the room up for our honeymoon which was nice. The staff where always willing to help and very friendly. A different breakfast each morning was a delight also.

The hotel is just out of imerovigli which is next to bus services and not a drama as we used a scooter to access the island.

All in all out stay was great and highly recommend.

• Stayed: May 2014
Reviewed 14 May 2014

Anthonas appartments a wonderful place to stay, so clean and beautifully decorated. The whole family are the most lovely people, cant do enough for you. Breakfast fresh and a surprise every morning.
Leah our lovely host was amazing, booked cars, trip tickets gave us advice on places to go and things to see. Not prime Caldera view but a 2 min walk and its there, breathtaking, visit the wonderful Tasos Taverna 2 mins away and you will have a lovely welcome and fresh traditional Greek food from a lovely family.
As you can tell from my review loved every minute, best holiday ever

• Stayed: May 2014