“Amazing Trip”

Ranked #9 of 48 Hotels in Imerovigli
texas
“Amazing Trip”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 October 2008

My wife and I went to Santorini for our 25th wedding anniversary and spent months researching various hotels and locations to visit before deciding on Remezzo Villas. We spent five nights and would recommend it to anyone, especially those making your first trip to Santorini. The view was amazing, the breaksfasts great, and the host, Vasillis, made our trip. He sat down with us, asked what we wanted to see/do and then helped us achieve everything on our list.

• Liked — the view and the host
  • Stayed September 2008, travelled as a couple
1 Thank tjwomack

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (112)
  • Greek first
Bern, Switzerland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 September 2008

Remezzo Villas is absolutely perfect with it's indivually decorated rooms and the location on top of the hill with a breathtaking view of the sunset.

Vasilis is a perfect host, speaking several languages. The breakfast was extremely delicous, every day there was another kind of breakfast.

One of the best hotels I've ever been !!!

• Stayed August 2008, travelled solo
2 Thank SwissKnife
Berkshire
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 September 2008

What can i say that hasn't already been said. Remezzo Villas is a fantastic place to stay for so many reasons. Having stayed in 4 or 5 other places on the island and looked inside at least 10 others this is the best for the money. Vassilis is the perfect host, We got married in Santorini in May and booked into 4 rooms at Remezzo for the bride's family and we were offered free upgrades. The honeymoon suite for us, the brides parents given the next best suite, and the bridemaids another one. Together the 3 suits occupy a brand new and completely private area of the hotel with the BEST views and an amazing courtyard. The honeymoon suite took our breath away- wow! We were given a surprise and complementary champagne breakfast on the morning of the wedding, help with arranging spa treatments and as a finally courtesy myself and the 2 best men were sent off to the ceremony with a few cheeky shots of tequila!! Vassilis was always around to offer suggestions for places to eat or just have a friendly chat.We cannot thank him enough for all the kindness he showed us. The night before the wedding we were even allowed to host a party in our private courtyard so that all our wedding guest could get to know each other, I have never felt so wlecome and at home in a hotel before and can't wait to return for our anniversary(s).THANK YOU!

• Liked — the views, the host, the style, the atmosphere, the outside space
  • Disliked — the sparrows that sing in the morning!
  • Stayed May 2008, travelled with family
3 Thank summer15
London
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 September 2008

I had very high expectations with Remezzo after all the excellent reviews. When I called to book, they didn’t have all the nights in the same room and so I agreed to book two nights in one room and the last night in another room. I really wanted to stay there. Well, I had a very nice stay. The views are beautiful indeed. The owner is what makes this place more special. He is very friendly and helpful, full of attention to his guests. My disappointment was with our room change. For our last night, we got accommodated in a different room from the one we had originally booked. Actually I think it was even in another hotel. It was very nice and huge. I thought to myself: “Uau! This was a very nice upgrade. Very nice of them.“ Well, that “new” room came at a higher price for my surprise. I just thought that we should have been informed that this new room would cost us more than the one previously booked. We spent very little time in the room and and I am not sure if I was happy to pay for this upgrade. Anyway, overall, the villa and the owner are very nice. I just got a little bit disappointed with my unexpected extra cost in the end.

• Liked — staff
  • Disliked — upgrade came at an unexpected price
  • Stayed September 2008, travelled as a couple
2 Thank cariocaemlondres
Sydney
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 September 2008

This is the first time I have ever written a review but I felt like it was the least thing I could do after our most amazing stay at beautiful Remezzo Villas.

I & my cousin arrived to Remezzo Villas after travelling for the past 4 weeks in New York City, Barcelona & Mykonos until we arrived at by far the best place on our trip Remezzo Villas.

As soon as we arrived we were welcomed by Vasilis who carried our 30kg suitcases at once to our villa & refused for us to help him we felt so bad.
We were absolutely amazed as soon as we saw Remezzo Villas absolutely beautiful everthing you could of dreamed of, as soon as we stepped into our HUGE cave like villa we screamed of excitement!!

Remezzo Villas in a perfect location with amazing views walking distance to Fira town, restaurants & more.

Remezzo more then exceeded our expectations, we truly felt welcomed & at home. Vasilis the BEST HOST EVER really went out of his way to ensure we had the best stay, he organised our itinerary for us as we were only staying for 3 nights he made sure we got to see the main attractions that we would be interested in like Red beach & the beautiful sunset at OIA, he also referred us to fantastic restaurant Vanilia & some great bars which we would have never found without his referral!
I recommend everyone to have breakfast at Remezzo not only is breakfast served looking out at to the most amazing view, the food is home made by Vasilis mum who is a dream cook I & my cousin enjoyed waking up every morning to see what was for breakfast, there was a fantastic variety of greek specialties & there was so much it filled us up until dinner!

We truly felt blessed & we couldn't thank him more our stay in Santorini wouldn't of been the same! Thankyou Vasilis your beautiful hotel & your amazing service truly made our trip it was the first thing I mentioned when I came back home from Sydney!!
I am defidently coming back here for my honeymoon!!

My home away from home, can't wait to visit again!

Loved it, Amelia & Connie :)

• Liked — Everything!!
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed July 2008, travelled with friends
4 Thank Amelia7Sydney
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 August 2008

We stayed at Remezzo for 3 nights in August (the peak season).

Vassilis, the young owner of the hotel, was so inviting when we arrived at the hotel. (We were lucky enough to get an upgrade.) Vassilis helped to organise our transfer from the port to the hotel. He also helped to organise our itinerary for the 3 days we were in Santorini.

The location of the hotel is good because (1) it is away from all the other tourists (2) it is the middle town between Fira/Firastefani and Oia.

We watched the sunset from the hotel because we didn't want to be with the rest of the crowds in Oia fighting for a photo at sunset.

The breakfast was optional. We did this once since it was 12 euros per person and there was a lot of food.

There is a harmless German Shepherd dog that stays at the hotel, so if you are afraid or allergic to dogs, beware, but we only saw the dog twice and very briefly while we were there, so not a problem.

We would definitely come back to this place and highly recommend it to our friends. Vassilis just made it all that special. You won't be disappointed.

• Liked — Vassilis, the owner! And the location.
  • Stayed August 2008, travelled as a couple
6 Thank ozTravelGirl
Charlotte, NC
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 August 2008

My wife and I just got back from our honeymoon in Greece and I really cannot say enough good things about the Remezzo Villas and its staff. We started our tour of the islands in Santorini and felt sad to leave. The staff was wonderful and gave excellent recommendations for sights, restaurants, car rentals and overall just lovely people. The views were breath taking, the breakfasts were delicious and we truly did not want to leave. Hopefully we will be able to get back to Greece and I assure you we will be staying at Remmezzo. Mary and Vasili, we miss you!!

-Tony and Lauren

• Liked — Staff, location, views
  • Disliked — nothing, the only reason I say no for people with disabilities is that there a lot of stairs
  • Stayed August 2008, travelled as a couple