“Heaven on Earth!!”

Ranked #8 of 48 Hotels in Imerovigli
Athens
“Heaven on Earth!!”
Reviewed 29 April 2009

I have only the best memories and feelings when i think of my stay at Remezzo Villas. My boyfriend and I decided to splurge and stay in their honeymoon sweet.. and boy was it sweet!!!!! I can't begin to describe how beautiful, stylish, and inviting the room and everyone at the hotel were. The view was absolutely breath taking!! we had our delicious breakfast everyday on a balcony overlooking the bright blue greek sea... aaah soo relaxing! The room was absolutely worth every penny (or euro), everything was marble and of the best quality, and it showed. It was simple and chic, a perfect mix of traditional greek architecture (the room used to be a winery) and modern luxuries like a flat screen tv. My favorite part of the room would have to be the bathroom. The lighting and atmosphere was perfect, not to mention the enormous marble bathtub. I had never seen anything like it! When we did decide to leave our room and explore the island our gracious host Vassili (owner/ manager) was a huge help! My boyfriend and I are not the greatest planners. Vassili was a huge help, he showed us the Santorini we wouldn't have seen as plain old tourists. We had the pleasure of eating at the loveliest restaurants, and also partied with the locals at the coolest clubs too. It was perfect, who takes the time out to do that nowadays?I must say that Vassili and his girlfriend Mary became our friends as well as hosts! We were so comfortable we felt like we were staying at a friends house.I cannot be more thankful we stayed at this place, and we deffinitly plan on coming back! Thanks guys, best vacation ever!

• Stayed April 2009, travelled as a couple
3 Thank AnissaMAthens

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (114)
  • Greek first
Ohio
Reviewed 14 March 2009

I have waited entirely too long to post a review of the most spectacular experience in my well traveled life.
I must be brief for now, but promise to elaborate (or let my fiance elaborate) in greater detail soon.
In brief, if you have come across this hotel, look no further. I spent months researching before our trip and my lofty expectations were exceeded.
The room was like none other we have ever experienced. It (the Honeymoon Suite) is well worth the extra cost in our opinion. If you appreciate one of a kind experiences over a cookie cutter, impersonal "resort" feel, then you will not be disappointed....Hand carved Turkish tub; amazingly styled room with perfectly placed lighting to accentuate the nuances of the rustic cave-like interior. We were able to see some of the other rooms as we befriended some other guests, and these were also very well appointed. If you are on a budget that would not allow for the Honeymoon Suite or possibly want to split your time between it and the less expensive rooms, you will not be disappointed. Beautiful in there own right (and closer to the wonderful pool and breakfast patio!)
As beautiful as the setting and amenities were, they were out shined by the exemplary service of Vassilis and his Mother Alice.
As I said, I am trying to be brief, but I must make mention of the fabulous and hearty homemade breakfasts that carry you through to dinner (thank you Alice!)
And dinner? Leave it to Vassilis as he is well versed on all the best places to eat as well as those to avoid. Not to mention, his extensive contacts ensure you will always have the best accommodation at the restaurants he recommends...
And his recommendations don't end there. He is a well-spring of wonderful must sees and dos and exactly how best to accomplish it all whether you are there for 2 days or 2 weeks.
This trip was planned to set the stage for the most romantic engagement I could think up. Vassillis and Alice added a sense of family to an epic period in our lives. Vassillis even went so far as to help me learn how to propose in Greek! (my now fiance if 1/2 Greek)....If that isn't going the extra mile, I don't know what is!
In closing, If you are trying to decide between this and other accommodation on Santorini, be aware of the value of an accommodating host. A trip like this may only happen once in a lifetime for some and if you want to ensure you will be tended to in a way that will maximize your experience, then this is the place...
Enjoy!

• Stayed October 2008, travelled as a couple
8 Thank Tobe71
TravelXpert3
Reviewed 18 October 2008

My wife Caroline and I have traveled all over Europe and South Africa during our courtship before getting married. When we decided to Honeymoon in Greece and spend part of our trip in Santorini, we had no idea we would receive the best service and experience of all our trips to date when we arrived at Remezzo Villas. Vasillis, the owner/host at Remezzo makes you feel at home even before you arrive in Santorini via his warm emails and conversations on the phone. From the moment we arrived, we felt like we were his special guests for the week and he went out of his way to make sure we had plans to eat at the best restaurants and experience all the island has to offer. He took the time to listen to what we enjoyed doing and then made suggestions for each day we were there and went out of his way to make sure we had the best experience possible. While we have experienced great service before throughout our travels, Vas along with Mary, his mother, and the rest of the staff have been able to provide a little piece of heaven in Santorini. On top of the service, the home cooked breakfast in the morning is just the thing we needed each morning to start our day. I recommend a trip to Santorini and the Remezzo Villas to everyone I know. When I retire, I plan on spending a week at the Remezzo and another week in Cinque Terra, Italy. If you are going on your Honeymoon or a romantic trip with your significant other, you absolutely owe it to yourself to stay at the Remezzo Villas. Having a glass of wine with some cheese and watching the Sunset from the patio is a view that you can't get anywhere else in the world. Truly amazing.... We thank the Remezzo Villas for helping to make our honeymoon such a remarkable experience.

• Stayed June 2008, travelled as a couple
6 Thank TravelXpert3
Bucharest
Reviewed 16 October 2008

There are not enough words or photos to reveal the feeling of being guests in this special place called Remezzo Villas.

The place is simply fantastic. Remezzo Villas does not only impress by its magnificent location but by the quality of the services it offers. The rooms are all wonderful decorated (we have seen more than one), each in its unique way and with very,very good taste and attention for the comfort and rest of the guest.

The unforgetable colors (white and blue) and the lights that are a symbol of Santorini are also present in the rooms, in a lamp, a candle or other source of light ... the thing that matters is the romantic feeling that they spread ... It is just wonderful to get back from the wonderful Santorini by night into a room that reflects the romance of a night in Santorini with the candle lights spreading silent shadows all around. It is really a great feeling and for those that believe in romance (but not only) we STRONGLY recommend Santorini and Remezzo Villas.

We felt very, very comfortable here and if it were not for the beautiful scenery and Santorini's charm we would have stayed in our room or around the pool all the time and beside our romance we must note that everything was ALWAYS very clean as the room service girls are doing their job perfectly. You have no idea they are there, still the rooms get cleaned each day, with clean towels waiting for you from the bath in the clean pool or from the shower.

The place is very quite and intimate and for us it was perfect as we wanted to celebrate our honeymoon and taste the beauty of the sunsets from such a place.

To get to the next level we have to offer our applauses to Vassilis, which at the beginning we did not know is the owner. Well in the week we have stayed at Remezzo, Vassilis was everywhere for us, from the breakfast that he perfectly served to the very useful information that he offered (from the weather information to taverna’s suggestions and ‘what to see in Santorini’ guidelines). He was always nice and helped everyone with an advice or information and always with a smile on his face. He clearly likes what he does and this is reflected at Remezzo Villas ... for us this is an example of a person that deserves to have his house full of people.... as Remezzo is STILL fully booked in October ....we believe this is a reflection of the reality and the quality of the services.

We have nothing but wonderful memories from Remezzo Villas ... from the wonderful breakfast with delicious home made cookies to the kindness of the owners, the beauty of the place they run and the amazing scenery and sunsets that are offered from Remezzo Villas.

You will NEVER REGRET BOOKING at Remezzo. AND YOU WILL DEFINITLY WANT TO COME BACK. We have had the best time ever and we will never forget the days spent here. Honestly you have to go there to see it for yourself as words and photos may not describe the amazing beauty of this place.

The happy guests from Remezzo,
Alina and Cornel Zainea
Bucharest, ROMANIA

• Liked — The view and services
  • Stayed October 2008, travelled as a couple
7 Thank Alina_Cornel
New York
Reviewed 13 October 2008

My husband and I stayed at Remezzo Villas on our honeymoon in Greece. We had a great stay! Vassilis was the best host we have ever had at a hotel. He literally sat with us for an hour each day and put our itinerary together! We didn't feel like we were at a hotel but rather visiting a friend's home. I have never experienced such amazing hospitality as we had at Remezzo. Every morning we enjoyed a delicious breakfast overlooking the caldera! The rooms were very clean with a very rustic feel. It was just as I imagined Santornini homes look. If you are looking for amazing personal service like you have never had in your life, this is definitely the place for you!

Thank you Vasillis and Mary for a great stay!

Veronika and Eddie

Can't foget to leave our Ira, Vassilis' adorable dog!

• Liked — Amazing Hospitality
  • Disliked — Dark Shower in our room, but not a big deal.
5 Thank verlib
bloomfield nj
Reviewed 10 October 2008

After spending a great time in Athens and Mykonos....we still didn't feel blown away by Greece till........

We met....
Vassilis (the owner/manager),Mary, and the Remezzo Villas! Their theme is "A home away from home.", and that it is. Vassilis and his mother make some of the most amazing breakfasts one can have. (ie: his yogurt with honey and cereal flakes rock!!) Not to mention his mothers bake goods.....Yummy!! :-)

We got a free upgrade to the honeymoon suite! You must get the honeymoon, superior, master or Senior suite. These rooms are really amazing! Very clean and as an architect, the design of these rooms are unbelievable (all done by Vassilis).

I highly suggest to enjoy a drink with Vassilis...his knowledge of the island is superb...and really his knowledge of Greek History blows me away, not to mention he is a great person!! Mary (Vassilis better half) ...rocks...a fellow american!! Hi Mary!! With a psych. degree, she will be the island psychologist one day...lol.

Make sure you try Rika...if you like to drink, and ask Vassilis where to get the best souvlaki!!

Again, if you want a peaceful, clean, well designed, well located place to stay for a reasonable price...Remezzo is the place.

Matt and Carla

• Liked — The view and owner
  • Disliked — none
4 Thank arch420
texas
Reviewed 6 October 2008

My wife and I went to Santorini for our 25th wedding anniversary and spent months researching various hotels and locations to visit before deciding on Remezzo Villas. We spent five nights and would recommend it to anyone, especially those making your first trip to Santorini. The view was amazing, the breaksfasts great, and the host, Vasillis, made our trip. He sat down with us, asked what we wanted to see/do and then helped us achieve everything on our list.

• Liked — the view and the host
1 Thank tjwomack