“Don't trust them !!”

Ranked #13 of 51 Hotels in Imerovigli
Roma
“Don't trust them !!”
Reviewed 14 June 2009

First they have accepted our reservation via email (250 euros per night), then we booked our plane and we spent 800 euros, after that the day after they sent us the opposite email because we were staying there only (!!!) 2 nights...... amazing, low quality from the beginning.

• Stayed June 2009, travelled as a couple
10 Thank TALOS_P

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (125)
  • Greek first
San Francisco, California
Reviewed 10 June 2009

There is nothing I can say about the Remezzo Villas that hasn't already been said - it is rated among the top hotels in Santorini because it is amazing! We stayed for three nights in early June and feel that, without question, we got the best hotel on all of Santorini.

If you're looking on Trip Advisor for hotels, you're likely considering many of the same ones I did - when we drove around Santorini one day, I saw many of them, and none of them came close in terms of location, view, overall value, etc. - and I can say without a doubt, none of them had the same gracious host that we experienced with Vassili! Vassili provided recommendations on everything and helped us plan each day - he told us the best restaurants to eat at and made reservations, and even provided recommendations on the best meals at each; he helped us rent a car and told us all of the spots to check out in Santorini; he suggested sights in Fira, and provided us with information on the bus system as well - making sure we saw the best parts of the island, dined at the best restaurants, and just enjoyed ourselves. In fact, the night were were leaving we returned to Remezzo to take in the sunset (AMAZING!), and Vassili insisted that we have a glass of wine to enjoy, compliments of him, while providing us advice on Athens! Incredible service, and you never once felt that Vassili and his staff were anything but genuinely interested in helping you enjoy paradise, nor did you feel like you were any kind of imposition.

On top of the true hospitality we encountered at Remezzo, the facilities were amazing! You can see many pictures of the Honeymoon Suite on here - which we did not stay in (dang weak American dollar!); however, the second we walked into our room, I was just as happy as if we were in the Honeymoon Suite! Our Superior Studio was amazing - a spacious living room area, great bed, nice bathroom, and small kitchenette. Not to mention the patio - we had two chaise lounges with great cushions on them and an outdoor seating area with two chairs and a small table which were perfect for taking in the sunset. The hotel also has a pool with chairs / lounges around it, but our private balcony was so great that we just couldn't tear ourselves away.

From a functional standpoint, the hotel has wireless internet (if you bring a laptop, just get the password from Vassili) and I believe that they also have a laptop available for you to use in the reception area to check e-mail and whatnot if you don't bring your own. There is no restaurant on the premises, though I can't imagine any hotel in Santorini has one; they serve an amazing breakfast (for an additional charge) - breads, pastries, and then a new meal each day, such as crepes, omlettes, yogurt, etc. You are located no more than 3-5 minutes from downtown Imerovigli, and there are great restaurants within a 5-10 minute walk of the hotel. You can easily walk to Fira - it takes about 30 minutes. Imerovigli is smaller than Fira and thus less touristy, and the perfect place to stay on the island. You can rent a car or take a bus to get to Ia, which is cute but much more touristy than Imerovigli as well.

The bottom line is simple - when I return to Santorini, I will simply not consider staying anywhere else but Remezzo. There is no better place to stay on Santorini. In all the places we've traveled, my boyfriend and I have never encountered a place where we felt so welcome and where we knew, immediately, that we would return to again and again. This was the highlight of not just this vacation, but all of the international travel we've done so far, and we both talk about how we cannot wait to return!

• Stayed June 2009, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Kimberly530
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed 6 June 2009

I can only say good things about our experience here at Remezzo Villas. From the very beginning where we had a warm and genuinely enthusiastic greeting and introduction to the beautiful Island, our experience only got better! The room was immaculate, amazing hot tub overlooking the caldera and sunset, incredible breakfasts, friendly hospitality and a great location. Imerovigli is between the main town of Fira and also Ia which makes it easy to get to both and not too expensive and also is one of the few places where the sunset view is possible from your very own balcony.
There are many hotels and villas to look at but Remezzo has a host like no other I am sure! Vassili has a great enthusiasm for the area and certainly knows a good selection of restaurants that are varied in their style. We loved each of them and the whole experience made our trip to Santorini a highlight of our Europe trip. Thank you!

• Stayed May 2009, travelled as a couple
2 Thank bpstar84
Chicago IL
Reviewed 28 May 2009

Where do I even start. This place is amazing!!! Vasillis will do everything in his power in order to make your trip as special as possible. He made us feel right at home, from the moment we got there. Our ferry was cancelled from Mykonos so we took a flight that arrived very late to the hotel and from the moment we got there we felt right at home, we had wine waiting for us and Vasillis even called and notified the taverna that we were on our way to be sure we had dinner that night.
We stayed in the Honeymoon Studio, which was perfect for us, the views from the terrace in the hot tob are breathtaking! This made for the best Honeymoon.

We have had the best time ever and we will never forget the days spent here. Honestly you have to go there to see it for yourself as words and photos may not describe the amazing beauty of this place!!!

• Stayed May 2009, travelled as a couple
2 Thank DrapersChicagoIL
Athens
Reviewed 29 April 2009

I have only the best memories and feelings when i think of my stay at Remezzo Villas. My boyfriend and I decided to splurge and stay in their honeymoon sweet.. and boy was it sweet!!!!! I can't begin to describe how beautiful, stylish, and inviting the room and everyone at the hotel were. The view was absolutely breath taking!! we had our delicious breakfast everyday on a balcony overlooking the bright blue greek sea... aaah soo relaxing! The room was absolutely worth every penny (or euro), everything was marble and of the best quality, and it showed. It was simple and chic, a perfect mix of traditional greek architecture (the room used to be a winery) and modern luxuries like a flat screen tv. My favorite part of the room would have to be the bathroom. The lighting and atmosphere was perfect, not to mention the enormous marble bathtub. I had never seen anything like it! When we did decide to leave our room and explore the island our gracious host Vassili (owner/ manager) was a huge help! My boyfriend and I are not the greatest planners. Vassili was a huge help, he showed us the Santorini we wouldn't have seen as plain old tourists. We had the pleasure of eating at the loveliest restaurants, and also partied with the locals at the coolest clubs too. It was perfect, who takes the time out to do that nowadays?I must say that Vassili and his girlfriend Mary became our friends as well as hosts! We were so comfortable we felt like we were staying at a friends house.I cannot be more thankful we stayed at this place, and we deffinitly plan on coming back! Thanks guys, best vacation ever!

• Stayed April 2009, travelled as a couple
3 Thank AnissaMAthens
Ohio
Reviewed 14 March 2009

I have waited entirely too long to post a review of the most spectacular experience in my well traveled life.
I must be brief for now, but promise to elaborate (or let my fiance elaborate) in greater detail soon.
In brief, if you have come across this hotel, look no further. I spent months researching before our trip and my lofty expectations were exceeded.
The room was like none other we have ever experienced. It (the Honeymoon Suite) is well worth the extra cost in our opinion. If you appreciate one of a kind experiences over a cookie cutter, impersonal "resort" feel, then you will not be disappointed....Hand carved Turkish tub; amazingly styled room with perfectly placed lighting to accentuate the nuances of the rustic cave-like interior. We were able to see some of the other rooms as we befriended some other guests, and these were also very well appointed. If you are on a budget that would not allow for the Honeymoon Suite or possibly want to split your time between it and the less expensive rooms, you will not be disappointed. Beautiful in there own right (and closer to the wonderful pool and breakfast patio!)
As beautiful as the setting and amenities were, they were out shined by the exemplary service of Vassilis and his Mother Alice.
As I said, I am trying to be brief, but I must make mention of the fabulous and hearty homemade breakfasts that carry you through to dinner (thank you Alice!)
And dinner? Leave it to Vassilis as he is well versed on all the best places to eat as well as those to avoid. Not to mention, his extensive contacts ensure you will always have the best accommodation at the restaurants he recommends...
And his recommendations don't end there. He is a well-spring of wonderful must sees and dos and exactly how best to accomplish it all whether you are there for 2 days or 2 weeks.
This trip was planned to set the stage for the most romantic engagement I could think up. Vassillis and Alice added a sense of family to an epic period in our lives. Vassillis even went so far as to help me learn how to propose in Greek! (my now fiance if 1/2 Greek)....If that isn't going the extra mile, I don't know what is!
In closing, If you are trying to decide between this and other accommodation on Santorini, be aware of the value of an accommodating host. A trip like this may only happen once in a lifetime for some and if you want to ensure you will be tended to in a way that will maximize your experience, then this is the place...
Enjoy!

• Stayed October 2008, travelled as a couple
8 Thank Tobe71
TravelXpert3
Reviewed 18 October 2008

My wife Caroline and I have traveled all over Europe and South Africa during our courtship before getting married. When we decided to Honeymoon in Greece and spend part of our trip in Santorini, we had no idea we would receive the best service and experience of all our trips to date when we arrived at Remezzo Villas. Vasillis, the owner/host at Remezzo makes you feel at home even before you arrive in Santorini via his warm emails and conversations on the phone. From the moment we arrived, we felt like we were his special guests for the week and he went out of his way to make sure we had plans to eat at the best restaurants and experience all the island has to offer. He took the time to listen to what we enjoyed doing and then made suggestions for each day we were there and went out of his way to make sure we had the best experience possible. While we have experienced great service before throughout our travels, Vas along with Mary, his mother, and the rest of the staff have been able to provide a little piece of heaven in Santorini. On top of the service, the home cooked breakfast in the morning is just the thing we needed each morning to start our day. I recommend a trip to Santorini and the Remezzo Villas to everyone I know. When I retire, I plan on spending a week at the Remezzo and another week in Cinque Terra, Italy. If you are going on your Honeymoon or a romantic trip with your significant other, you absolutely owe it to yourself to stay at the Remezzo Villas. Having a glass of wine with some cheese and watching the Sunset from the patio is a view that you can't get anywhere else in the world. Truly amazing.... We thank the Remezzo Villas for helping to make our honeymoon such a remarkable experience.

• Stayed June 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
6 Thank TravelXpert3
Also consider these accommodations in or near Imerovigli
Pegasus Suites & Spa
Pegasus Suites & Spa
#19 of 51 in Imerovigli
Rocabella Santorini Resort & Spa
Petit Palace Suites Hotel
Iconic Santorini, a boutique cave hotel
Iliovasilema Suites
Iliovasilema Suites
#21 of 51 in Imerovigli
Anteliz Suites Santorini

Been to Remezzo Villas? Share your experiences!