“Nothing Compares to This !” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Remezzo Villas

Remezzo Villas
Ranked #9 of 48 Hotels in Imerovigli
New York
“Nothing Compares to This !”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2009

Remezzo Villas is the very best one can hope for ! My family and I decided to book without knowing anything about the island and the hotels of Santorini; we had simply visited the Remezzo webpage and booked immediately: the photos had already caught our attention! Once we got there and about half an hour after our arrival, we knew that we had made the perfect choice. After 5 years of family holiday in different parts of Europe and Greece, I can assure you that Remezzo is BY FAR THE BEST PLACE to visit! The view from the villas to the Caldera is breathcatching. The interior design of the villas is so carefully arranged that I took photos of the inside of some villas hoping that one day I can "copy" some of their ideas in my own house!!! The breakfasts were so different to everything I 've seen, that we were looking forward to waking up in the morning and enjoying the surprise. On top of that, it is impossible not to notice how thoroughly this place is being cleaned every day.This is a fact which adds to the relaxation and the comfort offered to the Remezzo clients.(The secret hero behind this is Alice, by the way, who insists on the villas feeling like home to the visitors!) Alice and Vassilis, who will make you think that you 've known him forever thanks to his warm and kind manners, are the people you want to meet in a DREAM HOLIDAY far from home!!! Don't miss it !

• Stayed June 2009, travelled with family
2 Thank JohnathanNewYork

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (112)
  • Greek first
San Diego, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 June 2009

My husband and I just got back from 4 night stay in Remezzo. The hotel is beautiful and very well kept. We stayed in one of the their honeymoon suites and had a private large terrace with our own personal outdoor jacuzzi overlooking the ocean and sunsets. In the evening the hotel has the best views of sunset and we could enjoy it while sipping on some Greek wine and relaxing on our jacuzzi. Heaven on earth! Everyone talks about watching the sunset from Oia but it is really just as beautiful from Imerovigli and you don't have to fight the crowds. Every morning the hotel offers a amazing breakfast that cost 12 euros per person. If you like having a big breakfast the kind with eggs, pastries, yogurt etc this is worth it otherwise you can skip it and some some money to splurge on dinner. Our room also had a fridge so another option was to buy your own breakfast and just in the room. When we come back to Santorini we will stay here for sure and recommend to anyone who is going. From the hotel we could walk to Fira (30 min) Firostefani (15min ) or even hike to Oia (2.5 hrs). The walk to Fira and Firostefani were very easy just a slight uphill coming back. The taxis to Fira cost 8 euros, Firostefani 6. We rented a 4 wheel drive for 2 days and it was 20 euros but I heard prices in the summer are much higher. The bus is just 1 euro but very crowded and only runs every hour or so.

Stayed May 2009, travelled as a couple
3 Thank danielawj
Roma
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 June 2009

First they have accepted our reservation via email (250 euros per night), then we booked our plane and we spent 800 euros, after that the day after they sent us the opposite email because we were staying there only (!!!) 2 nights...... amazing, low quality from the beginning.

• Stayed June 2009, travelled as a couple
9 Thank TALOS_P
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 June 2009

There is nothing I can say about the Remezzo Villas that hasn't already been said - it is rated among the top hotels in Santorini because it is amazing! We stayed for three nights in early June and feel that, without question, we got the best hotel on all of Santorini.

If you're looking on Trip Advisor for hotels, you're likely considering many of the same ones I did - when we drove around Santorini one day, I saw many of them, and none of them came close in terms of location, view, overall value, etc. - and I can say without a doubt, none of them had the same gracious host that we experienced with Vassili! Vassili provided recommendations on everything and helped us plan each day - he told us the best restaurants to eat at and made reservations, and even provided recommendations on the best meals at each; he helped us rent a car and told us all of the spots to check out in Santorini; he suggested sights in Fira, and provided us with information on the bus system as well - making sure we saw the best parts of the island, dined at the best restaurants, and just enjoyed ourselves. In fact, the night were were leaving we returned to Remezzo to take in the sunset (AMAZING!), and Vassili insisted that we have a glass of wine to enjoy, compliments of him, while providing us advice on Athens! Incredible service, and you never once felt that Vassili and his staff were anything but genuinely interested in helping you enjoy paradise, nor did you feel like you were any kind of imposition.

On top of the true hospitality we encountered at Remezzo, the facilities were amazing! You can see many pictures of the Honeymoon Suite on here - which we did not stay in (dang weak American dollar!); however, the second we walked into our room, I was just as happy as if we were in the Honeymoon Suite! Our Superior Studio was amazing - a spacious living room area, great bed, nice bathroom, and small kitchenette. Not to mention the patio - we had two chaise lounges with great cushions on them and an outdoor seating area with two chairs and a small table which were perfect for taking in the sunset. The hotel also has a pool with chairs / lounges around it, but our private balcony was so great that we just couldn't tear ourselves away.

From a functional standpoint, the hotel has wireless internet (if you bring a laptop, just get the password from Vassili) and I believe that they also have a laptop available for you to use in the reception area to check e-mail and whatnot if you don't bring your own. There is no restaurant on the premises, though I can't imagine any hotel in Santorini has one; they serve an amazing breakfast (for an additional charge) - breads, pastries, and then a new meal each day, such as crepes, omlettes, yogurt, etc. You are located no more than 3-5 minutes from downtown Imerovigli, and there are great restaurants within a 5-10 minute walk of the hotel. You can easily walk to Fira - it takes about 30 minutes. Imerovigli is smaller than Fira and thus less touristy, and the perfect place to stay on the island. You can rent a car or take a bus to get to Ia, which is cute but much more touristy than Imerovigli as well.

The bottom line is simple - when I return to Santorini, I will simply not consider staying anywhere else but Remezzo. There is no better place to stay on Santorini. In all the places we've traveled, my boyfriend and I have never encountered a place where we felt so welcome and where we knew, immediately, that we would return to again and again. This was the highlight of not just this vacation, but all of the international travel we've done so far, and we both talk about how we cannot wait to return!

• Stayed June 2009, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Kimberly530
Brisbane, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 June 2009

I can only say good things about our experience here at Remezzo Villas. From the very beginning where we had a warm and genuinely enthusiastic greeting and introduction to the beautiful Island, our experience only got better! The room was immaculate, amazing hot tub overlooking the caldera and sunset, incredible breakfasts, friendly hospitality and a great location. Imerovigli is between the main town of Fira and also Ia which makes it easy to get to both and not too expensive and also is one of the few places where the sunset view is possible from your very own balcony.
There are many hotels and villas to look at but Remezzo has a host like no other I am sure! Vassili has a great enthusiasm for the area and certainly knows a good selection of restaurants that are varied in their style. We loved each of them and the whole experience made our trip to Santorini a highlight of our Europe trip. Thank you!

• Stayed May 2009, travelled as a couple
2 Thank bpstar84
Chicago IL
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2009

Where do I even start. This place is amazing!!! Vasillis will do everything in his power in order to make your trip as special as possible. He made us feel right at home, from the moment we got there. Our ferry was cancelled from Mykonos so we took a flight that arrived very late to the hotel and from the moment we got there we felt right at home, we had wine waiting for us and Vasillis even called and notified the taverna that we were on our way to be sure we had dinner that night.
We stayed in the Honeymoon Studio, which was perfect for us, the views from the terrace in the hot tob are breathtaking! This made for the best Honeymoon.

We have had the best time ever and we will never forget the days spent here. Honestly you have to go there to see it for yourself as words and photos may not describe the amazing beauty of this place!!!

• Stayed May 2009, travelled as a couple
2 Thank DrapersChicagoIL
Athens
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 April 2009

I have only the best memories and feelings when i think of my stay at Remezzo Villas. My boyfriend and I decided to splurge and stay in their honeymoon sweet.. and boy was it sweet!!!!! I can't begin to describe how beautiful, stylish, and inviting the room and everyone at the hotel were. The view was absolutely breath taking!! we had our delicious breakfast everyday on a balcony overlooking the bright blue greek sea... aaah soo relaxing! The room was absolutely worth every penny (or euro), everything was marble and of the best quality, and it showed. It was simple and chic, a perfect mix of traditional greek architecture (the room used to be a winery) and modern luxuries like a flat screen tv. My favorite part of the room would have to be the bathroom. The lighting and atmosphere was perfect, not to mention the enormous marble bathtub. I had never seen anything like it! When we did decide to leave our room and explore the island our gracious host Vassili (owner/ manager) was a huge help! My boyfriend and I are not the greatest planners. Vassili was a huge help, he showed us the Santorini we wouldn't have seen as plain old tourists. We had the pleasure of eating at the loveliest restaurants, and also partied with the locals at the coolest clubs too. It was perfect, who takes the time out to do that nowadays?I must say that Vassili and his girlfriend Mary became our friends as well as hosts! We were so comfortable we felt like we were staying at a friends house.I cannot be more thankful we stayed at this place, and we deffinitly plan on coming back! Thanks guys, best vacation ever!

• Stayed April 2009, travelled as a couple