“Remezzo - THE place to stay in Imerovigli”
Review of Remezzo Villas

Remezzo Villas
Ranked #12 of 50 Hotels in Imerovigli
Reviewed 29 September 2009

I chose Remezzo due to the reviews and we absolutely loved staying there. Imerovigli is so much nicer than either Fira (what a madhouse!) and Oia (pretty but overrun with people). Many people have mentioned Vassilis (please excuse if I am misspelling his name) and my boyfriend, who is usually not that involved in where we stay, made a point of asking me to be sure to give kudos to Vassili for what a terrific host he was. All the write ups about going to Oia for the sunset, Vassili said "don't bother", just stay here and we sat on our terrace and had a gorgeous sunset with our bottle of wine to accompany us! He gave terrific recommendations (Vanilia was a wonderful restaurant in particular) and always took the time to explain or help. We had a suite which was lovely, bright, airy, and comfortable. My only "downside" would be that we were located in a suite that was right outside a path where you did have people passing by, but the foot traffic was minor and certainly not noisy or problematic. I would probably opt to stay on the "second floor" to avoid that if returned. But I am so happy we stayed at Remezzo -- it was a highlight of our trip.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 29 September 2009

Beautiful hotel - the most amazing views. Really helpful staff especailly Vasilli for who nothing was too much trouble. The breakfasts, which at first sight may seem pricey at 9 euros per person, were an absolute must. Different every day, at least three courses served on the beautiful terrace overlooking the caldera. The only slight down for us was that the pool was very small for two teenage daughters who love swimming. I would howver definitely like to go back but possibly not with them as the place was more coupley.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 14 September 2009

We went to Santorini for our 10th Wedding anniversary and upgraded to the Senior Suite here. We booked based on the Trip Advisor reviews and we were not disappointed. Vassili the owner was truly helpful and his recommendations were spot on. We're so glad we picked Imerovigli because it was close enough but just outside of all of the craziness of Fira. Our room was as beautiful as it could be on Santorini and the hotel views truly stunning. You don't need to go to Oia to see the sunset when you stay here. I would stay here again and highly recommend this hotel. The prices here were better than most of the others and it was truly lovely.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 September 2009

People often walk past the hotel during the sunset time and wish they were staying there. I can understand why! We had a lovely stay at Remezzo. There was quite a large group of us and there had been a bit of a mix up with our booking but Vassillis sorted everything out for us and was a good host. I got the feeling that some of the recommendations we were given were the same for everyone and was towards the expensive end of options - but considering the hotel itself is quite expensive that only makes sense. Vasillis came out for drinks on our last night which ended well into the morning - so he is a host that everyone gets along with. You really couldn't ask for a better location in Santorini - everyone says Oia is the place to be but Remezzo at Imerovigli, if its in your budget, is not something you would ever regret. One of my favourite parts of our trip was when we were here as it was removed from the buzz but with enough people in the area that you could chat to if you wanted.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled with friends
Reviewed 7 September 2009

Yes another good review for Vassilis hotel. Before I comment our stay, I must tell you about this great guy. Follow his advices and forget all about pocket guides. Since he is from there, he knows the great restaurants and places to go. The very few times we didn't follow his advices, we regretted it hardly (but we were not alone). I loved his sentence: "Go to that place, if don't get a table/chair in the sun, say that you go from here and they'll hook you up". Entirely true!
Now talking about the hotel itself. Very good location. We first book a typical suite with a patio outside. Unfortunately, people had the nerve to get in while we were relaxing in the sun to take pictures and we even had people sitting in our chairs when we woke up. I mentioned this to Vassilis that gladly changed us to the fantastic honeymoon suite! That was the real Santorini experience :). Both rooms were fantastic, just the tv reception need to be tuned up. Breakfast was pretty nice too with a surprise every day. I really recommend this place!

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 September 2009

It's a year after we traveled to Greece and I am just sitting down to write my review. Remezzo Villas was the perfect place for my husband and I to spend while we were on the Island of Santorini. We arrived tired to a smiling Vasillius (owner) who brought our bags down the steep steps to our week long abode. Treating us to our first honeymoon drinks he gave us the island low down. Girlfriend Mary stepped in to give us details on the specifics of each location. When you come to Remezzo you will get first hand advice and none of that BS touristy crap. They told us where it would be too touristy or who would be ripping us off on the island.

No room at the villas is less than 5 star. They upgraded us to the honeymoon suite for 2 nights, which was amazing. The rooms are, for the most part, private. Because you are staying in a "villa" there is alot of independence. It is your home, and not your typical hotel. You can cook your own food and sit out on your own patio for wine and cheese. You can go for a dip in the pool at your leisure. Never did I feel like my privacy was being violated and we actually enjoyed hanging out with the owner.

I really can't think of anything else to say other than this place gives off great vibes. You don't get the pretentiousness you might get at one of the hotels in Oia or Fira. It's a furthur walk to restaurants and shops, but that's one of the reasons why it is so special. We miss you guys!

Love

Erin and Aaron

• Stayed: August 2008, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 September 2009

My wife and I spent a week in the Honeymoon suite at Remezzo and had a truly wonderful time there (on honeymoon, of course). Imerovigli is a great location, within easy reach of Fira and a short ATV ride from Oia, the beach and the vineyard, while still feeling away from the tourist hustle. The honeymoon villa is spectacular, incredibly roomy and airy, and very comfortable. Throughout the week Vasilis (and Mary) were the perfect hosts, helpful and knowledgeable. After we gave him a good idea of what we wanted from the holiday he tailored his recommendations - giving us a rec for a great restaurant making authentic local food as well as booking us the best table with an amazing view of the annual fireworks on our first night in Santorini.

The only caveat I would add is that the (vast) honeymoon suite is open-plan and although the bathroom is separated by some walls and a curtain, the more sensitive might find that a little too cosy...

But that's it, aside from this not-really-a-criticism-at-all, we have nothing but praise for Remezzo. Fantastic.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Imerovigli
Rocabella Santorini Hotel & Spa
Pegasus Suites & Spa
Pegasus Suites & Spa
#18 of 50 in Imerovigli
Iconic Santorini, a boutique cave hotel
Iliovasilema Suites
Iliovasilema Suites
#20 of 50 in Imerovigli
Petit Palace Suites Hotel
Blue Dolphins Traditional Apartments

Been to Remezzo Villas? Share your experiences!