“We had our wedding here!”
Review of Alexander Villas

Alexander Villas
Reviewed 18 July 2012

Everything was perfect! It couldnn't be better! The services was excellent, the staff is very helpfull. From here you can have one of the best views of Santorini. At the reception you will find information about the island and tours. Surely we will return here.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 4 July 2012

I have stayed here at Alexander Villas several times already and have experienced nothing less than the most excellent service and accommodations ! Efi, the manager, always makes a point to stop in and greet you upon arrival and her warm charm and deep knowledge of Santorini makes you feel immediately "at home" . The views from the pool are nothing short of breath-taking and the peacefulness of walking around the hotel property makes you feel like you are literally walking through a 3-D postcard ! The rooms are in the traditional "cava" style so you get a very peaceful, traditional (and cool!) feel whenever you are in your room. There is also a wonderful hike up a small hill/rock outcropping nearby that I highly recommend and many nearby restaurants serve most delicious and affordable Greek food. I have recommended this hotel to many friends already and they, too, have had a most wonderful stay here. Enjoy your stay here at the beautiful Alexander Villas ! I will most certainly be back ...

Room Tip: Room number 5 has its own little dipping pool right out in front- highly recommend it ! :)
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 25 June 2012

The people here and the service they provided was second to none. They cleaned and turned down the room every day and we always on hand to help and provide us with whatever we asked for. The woman on reception was very knowledgeable about the island and organised a very reasonably priced and decent boat tour to the volcano and hot springs and a diving trip off white island. This hotel was a bit tired in places especially compared to the website photos but the service made up for the need of a paint job! The only thing that was frustrating is that although we were staying at Alexander Villa, we were not informed that we needed to check-in at Kallisto Hotel first and due to the layout of Imerovigli being on a cliff edge it was difficult to find the place and we wasted a long time walking around in the heat. If you decide to stay here(which we recommend for friends and couples!), get a taxi to Imerovigli Square and head down the side road, passed Jimmy's Rent A Car and hang a right to Kallisto Hotel. Or just get the hotel to arrange a transfer!!!!

Room Tip: Room number 5 is right opens out in front of plunge pool so feels like it's your own pool! It is...
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Johanna8514
Reviewed 12 June 2012

My husband and i came to santorini for our honeymoon in april and stayed here. We had so trouble with our flights being cancelled due to weather conditions and this hotel was very understanding. It has the most spectacular views and the rooms weres large, clean and well designed. The bathroom and toilet was a little corwded without ventilation but thats not a big deal. Staff were nice and welcoming. Breakfast was nice however very plain. They could have changed the breakfast menu up a bit as it was very boring having the same food each morning for 5 days. Appart from that, we loved it. Close to everything but quad bike or walking.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 September 2011

While the hotel is situated in one of the most beautiful villages in santorini- it was way overpriced and the website photos very misleading! Not all was bad, so i have broken it down:

THE GOOD: we did have a beautiful view from our room and a lovely plunge pool- (however, the luxury stopped there). The rooms were ok, but quite old-fashioned and dingy- as i said before, the website photos are VERY misleading, and make them seem far nicer and more modern that they actually are. Breakfast was nice and they deliver it to your room which is a nice touch.

THE BAD: there is no reception or any official entrance so we spent 20mins lugging our suitcases around the village in sweltering heat, trying to figure out where to go- no staff offered to help us at all (eventually we approached a barman and someone met us in the bar where we waited an hour for our room). Although i know this isn't such a terrible thing.

The worst thing about Alexander Villas was the massage. My partner and I decided to order a massage from the hotel- which was quite expensive but we were prepared to pay for the luxury. I would have to say this was the worst massage I have ever had in my life- it bordered or unprofessional and was excruciatingly painful (keeping in mind, I usually like firm, slightly painful massages- but this was ridiculous). The Masseuse set up the table in the middle of the public pool area- and while I asked her if I could have a private room, she told me there were none, which I thought was ok still. She then took my top off and got me to lie on my back (exposed to everyone sitting by the pool) and massaged my chest- telling me. 'its ok, no one is looking.' However, there were people looking and many people and barmen walking past. This made me feel extremely uncomfortable and seemed extremely unprofessional. In addition, the massage consisted of exfoliation- whereby she rubbed the exfoliant paste into my body so hard and for so long that any lubricant dried up and she was literally rubbing my skin raw with sand-like stuff. I was lying is absolute agony, my whole body burning, red and raw- i didn't say anything at the time because i felt shy and awkward- this woman clearly had no idea what she was doing and was NOT a proper masseuse. This was later confirmed by the fact that we saw her cleaning our pool the next day!

Overall, While the rooms were ok, they were very old-fashioned and far from luxurious. The service was average and most of the staff seemed not to know what they were doing (although we did have a lovely barman who served us drinks who was professional and knowledgeable) and of course, the massage service, which was not cheap, was diabolical. This would usually be acceptable, of course, given my partner and I often stay in hostels and cheap hotels- however, paying over 100euros per person, per night, seems very steep for the quality of room that is provided and the second-rate service.

Go find something better.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
8  Thank Gabrielle R
Reviewed 17 September 2011

I am disappointed as a Greek that in wonderful locations like Santorini, we still have awful hotels like this one with people managing it reminding me of classic old type sales people. There are plenty of other hotels in the area which are significantly better at the same price. Don't be fooled by the retouched pictures on their website. We got out 2 days after even if we'd pre-payed a week's stay. We simply could not stand being in the room. Enjoy the wonderful caldera at another hotel.

Room Tip: Choose a room in another hotel!!
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Marios T
Reviewed 1 September 2011

The hotel is overpriced. The ventilation of the bathroom was not working so the humidity was obvious. There is a jacuzzi at the balcony that is uncovered so most of the days was dirty. Looking the pictures,we were expecting something much better (because we paid for a junior suite). The first day that we arrived they told us that there was a problem with our room ( someone else was staying),so they sent us to an other hotel for the first night.They day after ,we had to take our baggage again and go back, we were waiting 2 hours for our room.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Imerovigli
Hotel Katerina's Castle
#35 of 50 in Imerovigli
Xenones Filotera
Xenones Filotera
#22 of 50 in Imerovigli

Been to Alexander Villas? Share your experiences!