We've just returned form 4 nights at the Meli Meli on Santorini - it was perfect for us!
Excellent accommodation on a budget - the room was lovely, cool and restful, and had an east facing verandah on which we sat to have our breakfast each morning. You could see the sea through the palm trees and bushes which shielded us from the road.
There are just 6 rooms, each with their own outside space for breakfast etc. A lovely pool too -which was refreshing on a hot day, and shaded area to sit and chill.
Tanya was the perfect host and made all sorts of excellent arrangements for us. On the evening of our arrival she arranged for a masseuse to come and provide back massages by the pool - heavenly! Tanya also booked a brilliant boat trip for us with Caldera Yachting on our first full day there - a fantastic day, and arranged for collection from Meli Meli. We were delivered back from Oia late in the evening after a beautiful day. She also arranged for a quad bike for us on another day, and we were collected from the door, plus made restaurant reservations on our behalf at her recommended venues - all were excellent!
We were looked after extremely well, and also by Agnes, who delivered breakfast each day and put our room straight while we were out.
it was a lovely peaceful time. Meli Meli is right by the road from Imerovigli to Oia, so there is a bit of traffic noise at times, but the venue far outweighed this. It was a very short walk down the road to a local taverna (Tasos) - lovely welcome and food - and slightly further but still a beautiful walk along the cliff path overlooking the Caldera, into Imerovigli with other excellent restaurants.
There is a bus stop close by, but we never needed it as for all our activities we were collected from the door, or walked the short distance up or down the road/coastal path. We'd definitely visit again, and recommend to our friends!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Just renovated Boutique Guesthouse, in the famous village of Imerovigli, 10 minutes from the island's capital, Fira town. For guests who wish comfortable yet stylish rooms in Imerovigli, Meli Meli is the perfect choice. The Aegean Cycladic architecture and the modern interior blends harmoniously with the astonishing natural beauty of Greece’s favorite holiday destination. An ideal getaway for those seeking romantic accommodation, Meli Meli bed and breakfast, is a picturesque bouquet of elegant rooms combined with friendly and professional service. Double Rooms: Bedroom, veranda or balcony, bathroom with shower. Superior Rooms: Bedroom, sitting area, balcony, sea view, bathroom with shower. All Rooms have air conditioning, LED TV, free WiFi, direct dial phone, kitchenette, fridge, hair dryer, safe deposit boxes. 12 hrs Front Desk, Swimming Pool, Internet facility, Room Service breakfast, daily maid service. Meli Meli has been awarded with a Certificate of Excellence for 3 years in a row: 2012, 2013 & 2014. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), Priceline, LoveHolidays, Booking.com, Bookgreece.com, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Hotel.de, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Meli Meli reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Meli Meli Hotel Imerovigli
- Meli Meli Santorini/Imerovigli