“Wonderful Experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Portmagee Heights

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Portmagee
Portmagee Heights
Ranked #2 of 8 Portmagee B&B and Inns
Southborough, Massachusetts, United States
“Wonderful Experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 June 2013

My family and I stopped in Portmagee Heights during our 2 week vacation traveling the southern coast of Ireland. Monica was nice enough to book us a trip to the Skelligs before we arrived, which went out the following morning. She let us know that the weather was not supposed to be very nice, so if we wanted to shorten our trip and only spend 1 night instead of the 2 we had booked she would understand and wouldn't charge us. We look advantage of this and move along, but was no fault of the accommodations. Rooms were absolutely beautiful with a comfortable bed and best shower of the trip by far. Breakfast in the morning was perfect and presented beautifully. I would recommend this stop to anyone.

Room Tip: Water front
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Christina M

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 June 2013

I contacted Mr. and Ms. Hussey, on occasion of my cruise to the Skellig Islands.
As I arrived, she showed me the room located on the upper floor. The view on Valentia Island and the bay was astonishing. The room and bathroom were spacious and extremely clean. Even here I could have set the dining place on the floor: this is how clean it was. Not only: the room was also well furnished and colourful. Ms. Hussey served a wonderful breakfast (Irish) well cooked.
Once I confirmed the reservation, she also offered to look for a car service, which would bring me to the next destination (Limerick), which was exactly as she referred to: reliable and safe.
On my next trip I would like to stay in County Kerry for longer and I will surely choose Portmagee Heights. I would rate this place among the top ones I stayed at, during my entire (sixteen days) holiday in Ireland.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled solo
UK
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 June 2013

This is a beautiful B@B. we stayed for one night on the 4th June . We had a room at the rear with beautiful views over the bridge and the sea. Lovely breakfast and a very pleasant experience.
Would definitely stay gain

Room Tip: If staying in this area just book it
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank zzapspm
Seattle
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 June 2013

What a beautiful B&B! I loved my room, the food was delicious, and Monica was very nice and welcoming. When my first planned trip to Skellig Michael was cancelled for multiple days, she called around and found a tour that might be operating the next day, and put my name in, just in case. (Alas, the Skellig Michael trip was not meant to be.) I appreciated her trying!

Stayed May 2013, travelled solo
Vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 May 2013

It will be hard to find better! This gem has all the comforts of a modern hotel with a genuine knack for making you feel at home. First off, the entrance is gorgeous...better than some hotels! They lead to rooms that are even better, with great bathrooms, large comfy beds and plenty of storage for your gear. There is tea in the room and a sitting area also to enjoy your cup. Monica is a very gracious host...she even arranged a boat to Skellig Michael for us...and it was a fantastic Adventure. The breakfast of pancakes and fruit is truly refreshing as it is delightful to look at. After travelling for a month in Ireland, I strongly recommend you stay here when in town.
NOTE: the rooms out back face the river and the ones out front will face the sun in the morning. However, the best views are in the dining hall. Not sure sometimes where to look, the views or the delightful plates! Thanks for having us...I WILL be back!

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 May 2013

What a find!
Spending two nights at Portmagee Heights was an absolute delight. The quality of the inclusions the magnificent vista and the magnificent bed made this accommodation one of the best of our 7 week European trip.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
Dublin, Ireland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 May 2013

Fantastic modern spacious b&b with a great breakfast, perfect location, lovely view and tips on things to do in the surrounding area. If you're going to skellig Michael it's the perfect place to stay and also to explore Valentia island. Also good places to eat in portmagee village!

• Stayed May 2013
Also consider these accommodations in or near Portmagee
Royal Valentia Hotel
Skellig Ring House Hostel
Skellig Ring House Hostel
#1 of 2 in Portmagee
The Waterfront Bed & Breakfast

Been to Portmagee Heights? Share your experiences!