“BEST IN MONZA!”

Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Sugar Land, Texas
“BEST IN MONZA!”
Reviewed 5 November 2012

As an American living in Monza, I cannot express what a breath of fresh air I encounter when I enter Oppio and am greeted so graciously, smell the freshly baked breads & cakes and peruse a menu full of innovative, creative, and imaginative options! Finally, something other than "the same old thing"! The decor is very artistic and well thought out (if you ask, you may learn the meaning of some of it!), the service staff stands above & beyond the norm of this town and the owners are very passionate about what they do. A creative chef with international experience seems to put his heart & soul into his work. Much thought is put into the wines as well, and if you are in any question, please see if owners Stefania or Gabriele are available to assist (perhaps staff too, I don't know) and you will soon be enjoying a most sublime meal with perfect wine pairing! I intend to bring everyone I know to Oppio! BEST IN MONZA!

• Visited October 2012

Milan, Italy
“Great Italian food, simple as it should be!”
Reviewed 4 August 2012

Everything on the menu is well presented & really tasty, from a simple pizza, to pasta, to some great meat and proper fondue! The music, lighting & atmosphere is fantastic and the service is great too, all at a very reasonable price!

• Visited July 2012
Seattle, Washington
“Italian hospitality, graceful surroundings and memorable food”
Reviewed 1 November 2011

Just when we think we’ve become experts on Italian cuisine, along comes Osteria dell’Oppio.
Tables cozy up, graceful surroundings and hospitality allowing you to gander at all the outstanding, beautiful dishes steadily streaming from the kitchen. The food is great to look at and to eat. The chef specials are outstanding – new twists on traditional fare, with all authentic flavors. The scampi risotto with freezer grape was a delicious experience: velvety, rich, but not too heavy-handed. This rare combination is a sublime treat not to be missed. And the desserts? We had the cake with apple and custard filling, and were left with the taste of artwork in our mouth. The extensive wine list is worth a stop in itself. this is Italian food the way you have always wished it would taste.

• Visited October 2011
“A kitchen experience”
Reviewed 7 October 2011

I've been there last Monday with my wife and we had a very good impression food here was an experience... The place is very nice and elegant. I tried a TERRIFIC ravioli with amaretto that was served with a amaretto cream... WOW! my wife tried the pizza with truffle. Taste really good! And we never seen a pizza like this! Absolutely the biggest we've ever seen!!! I finish my dinner with a memorable tarte tatin. We took a Renato ratti barolo 1999. My favorite wine at all. We will be back in this wonderful restaurant ASAP! Ps The girl who served us was nice, gentle and speaks fluently English.

1 Thank Lovelyfoodies
New York City, New York
“Do you know TIRAMISÙ?The best TIRAMISÙ I ever ate!!!BUONISIMO”
Reviewed 26 June 2011

I have been to this restaurant with my wife and a couple of Italian friends who live in Monza and we met last summer in St. Barts. We started dinner with a rosemary focaccia with prosciutto and melon. Each of us then chose between the first and second courses of meat and fish. I tasted everything and I must say that all choices were excellent! Weight plus 220 pounds is not a joke! I love to eat. I love Italian food. Especially love desserts. When the lady who kindly took care of our table suggested the TIRAMISÙ I do not believe my ears! I immediately ordered immediately after the first and other two servings! BUONISIMO! The single was more than ample portion, but I could not stop! Also good wine pairings by the glass. Service was friendly and unobtrusive. Location fascinating.

• Visited June 2011