“Second Stay ! Value for money. Super Service”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Hotel de la Ville

Hotel de la Ville
Ranked #1 of 8 Hotels in Monza
Maaseik
“Second Stay ! Value for money. Super Service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 July 2012

Last weekend we stayed for the second time in this hotel.
We booked the weekend-experience.
Check In was quick. We were upgrated to a Junior Suite and had a free prosecco with canapés.
On Saturday we used the free bikes to ride to the park. Monza has a beautiful park with racetrack and golfcourse.
In the evening, we had diner on the terrace of the Derby Grill.
My husband and I had a different menu. And for the dessert, we could choose a la carte.
Diner was delicious !!!
The restaurant has a huge winelist with very good wines.
One negative point : There was a big group of English people for a wedding.
They made a lot of noice . Both nights , we were waking up by the noice.
Unfortunately, the walls in this part of the hotel are very thin.
Last year, we stayed in a deluxe room decorated in Ralph Lauren style with pictures of race pilots. This was a better experience.

Room Tip: Ask for a deluxe room
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Mieke4803
, Resident Manager at Hotel de la Ville, responded to this review, 16 July 2012
Dear Guest,
thank you for taking the time to write to us regarding your second visit at Hotel de la Ville.

I was glad to read that you enjoyed your recent stay with us, but I am sorry that you did not enjoy a quiet stay in your room and I would like to apologize for the inconvenience this may have caused.

We truly appreciate your comments, we hope to have the pleasure of serving you again the next time you are in Monza.

Thank you for your continued loyalty and support.

Andrea - Resident Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 July 2012

Being a huge motorsports fan I first spotted this hotel when attending the Italian Grand prix back in 2008. Of course you can’t get near the place on GP weekend unless you are a VIP but I made a mental note to come back and so I did. The hotel is a grand old building with bags of character and an interior to match. The rooms are of a good size and everything was clean and seemed to work. The furniture is a little tired but that goes with the character of the building. The staff are polite and helpful and speak excellent English. The Derby Grill is an outstanding restaurant and worth a stay at the hotel just to eat there. It’s like an old speakeasy or supper club. The hotel appears to be in a residential area so there is not much in the way of shops around. Monza Royal Park is right across the road and is a great place for walks and of course exploring the historic banking of the old GP circuit. There are regular events going on at the race track as well.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled solo
, Resident Manager at Hotel de la Ville, responded to this review, 11 July 2012
Dear Guest,

thank you for taking the time to write to us following your recent visit at Hotel de la Ville, what a lovely comment and compliment !
I am pleased to hear that you stay was made memorable by our location, service, quality of cleanliness and last but not least .... our "outstanding restaurant".
We really hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back in the near future.

Kind regards.

Lapworth, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 July 2012

We used this hotel as a base for a family holiday spending our time equally between Lake Como and the fantastic city of Milan. This was our first trip to Italy and loved equally the serene beauty of the lakes and excitement of Italy's largest metropolis. However, it was the hotel that really made this a holiday to remember. From the moment we walked into reception for the first time it was obvious that the staff were supremely professional, but more than that they were very kind, especially towards our three year old daughter who was charmed by Aly, Alessandro, Roberto and everybody else involved with the running of this characterful and stylish hotel. The fabulously decorated king size deluxe room, the beautiful American cocktail bar and the wonderful Derby Grill make this a must stay for touring Lombardia. We really recommend this hotel!

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Steven A
, Resident Manager at Hotel de la Ville, responded to this review, 8 July 2012
Dear Guest ,
thank you for your thoughtful note that you wrote on TripAdvisor regarding your last stay with us.

I am very pleased to learn how you enjoyed the hotel facilities, the service and the "Derby Grill" Restaurant. It will be my pleasure to share your comments with Alessandra, Aly, Roberto and the entire Staff.

Thank you for recommending our Hotel, we all look forward to welcoming you back at the Hotel de la Ville in the not too distant future.

Kind regards.

Frisco, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 June 2012

The Hotel de la Ville in Monza has many things to offer. It is charming, well-located and has excellent food. However, what sets it apart from other hotels is the wonderful and dedicated staff. I had not been there for over five years and was warmly greeted by Aly at the front desk as if I was a long lost friend! He is a huge asset to this hotel because of the personal attention he gives to make each guest feel so special. The breakfast served in the lovely dining room is the best of any hotel I have stayed in. Sonia and the rest of the staff there make every meal a special occasion. We also had the opportunity to have dinner in The Derby Grill and it was also a memorable experience. I wish I knew the names of everyone who works at the Hotel de la Ville because they all do their part to make this the superior place that it is. I highly recommend that you stay at this hotel--I can't wait to go back.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled on business
, Resident Manager at Hotel de la Ville, responded to this review, 22 June 2012
Dear Guest,

it was a real pleasure to welcome you back and I am extremely delighted to read that you enjoyed your return over five years, and appreciated the location, food and the staff.
It will be my pleasure to share your comments with Mr. Aly, Ms. Sonia and the entire Staff.

We feel really honoured of your positive comments regarding the warm hospitality and the fact that our Hotel is your favourite place to stay.

Looking forward to welcoming you back soon,

Kind regards

Tilburg, The Netherlands
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 June 2012

My first time to Monza was made especially pleasant by the staff of the Hotel de la Ville in Monza. I was not even there and they helped me fantastic by ordering a taxi for me from the station. Also the room was lovely, very clean. Diner and breakfast were outstanding. I had a great time in this hotel and would absolutely go back when in Monza.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
DelavilleMonza, Resident Manager at Hotel de la Ville, responded to this review, 21 June 2012
Dear Guest,
we would like to take this opportunity to express our thanks for your lovely note that you have posted on TripAdvisor. We are delighted to know that you had enjoyed your recent stay with us.

I am so pleased to read that our Staff were able to provide an exceptional Guest experience.
With our attitude, humility, kindness and professionalism, we strive on providing the highest level of service and it is very rewarding to know that our efforts are recognized and appreciated.

Thank you for your thoughtful words and hope to have the privilege of having you again upon your return to Monza.

Kind regards,

Herzliya
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 May 2012

I've been to this hotel on numerous occasions for business. This place is absolutely charming and full of character! The decor is old-world 19th century style. The staff is wonderful - they even remembered me after a few years I have not been there. The breakfast is by far the best breakfast I've had in any hotel, and dinner is excellent too. And near the hotel there is a beautiful half wild park for an afternoon stroll. Highly recommended.

Room Tip: Some rooms are small, so if you're into a large room, ask for the suites which are much larger.
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
DelavilleMonza, Resident Manager at Hotel de la Ville, responded to this review, 30 May 2012
Dear Guest,
thank you for taking the time to post your valuable comments on Trip Advisor.

I was glad to read that you enjoyed your recent stay with us and you were pleased with the service and facilities at the hotel.
I hope we will have the pleasure of serving you again in the future, please feel free to contact us directly for any kind of future assistance you may need.

Yours sincerely

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 May 2012

I believe that one of the reference points as to what makes a hotel great is continuity of high quality and empathetic staff. This is no more apparent than at Hotel de la Ville where one is made to feel at home immediately on arrival. Service is their trademark which together with a gloriously eclectic collection of antiques and objets makes this a pleasure to return to each year. Both Aly and Riccardo (front desk) are unceasingly helpful whilst Roberto (the consummate Maitre d') and his team make The Derby Grill an outstanding and hedonistic cullinary experience. Kudos to the Nardi family for their ongoing commitment to the service ethos.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
DelavilleMonza, Resident Manager at Hotel de la Ville, responded to this review, 16 May 2012
Dear Guest,
thank you for taking the time to post your valuable comments on Trip Advisor.

I hope we will have the pleasure of serving you again in the future, please do not hesitate to contact us for any kind of future assistance you may need.

Yours sincerely

Andrea - Resident Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Monza
Hotel Royal Falcone - Boutique Hotel
#5 of 8 in Monza
Euro Hotel Residence
Euro Hotel Residence
#1 of 2 in Concorezzo

Been to Hotel de la Ville? Share your experiences!