My wife & I stayed for two nights over a weekend.in June. An indifferent reception on arrival, together with a demand for full payment in advance,did not bode well. Our room (or chalet, 21st century style) was basically furnished and Spartan though it was clean.& the bathroom was spacious. There was a tiny TV with only local channels, Both fridge & safe, however, did not work. Though a "sea-view" room, our view was obscured by the (security) perimeter wall between the hotel grounds& the sea..
Mealtimes in the "canteen" can only be described as "carnage" over the weekend though the crowds did reduce considerably by Monday morning. The noise levels were horrendous Food was of basic catering quality. and disappeared rapidly from the buffet, though it was replenished eventually.There was a reasonable choice. All meals, including wine and water,were however included in the price. The bar served as the entertainment centre in the evenings.
This resort is a holiday camp, with associated security guards, gates, mean buildings, loud music and happy-go-lucky entertainers. It obviously caters at weekends for large numbers and for coach parties. It has many facilities for families & children (large swimming pools, disco music, and non-stop entertainment) The grounds are spacious, but lack ambience, (and shade).Buildings and equipment are of a basic standard. The seashore is a big disappointment--rocky, with a small artificial beach and difficult access to the sea for swimming. (definitely not for small children) The resort is 4.kilometres north of Polignano, poorly signposted off the coast road.
Overall, the resort possibly does represents value for money. Chic or romantic,it is not, neither
is it a place for the faint-hearted, at least at weekends or in the peak holiday season!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Charming alleys that take you back to other times, quaint buildings on cliff tops, crystal-clear water and a starry sky….. it’s not a film set it’s Polignano a mare, the pearl of the Adriatic. At Pietrablu Resort & SPA you can enjoy by day and by night the perfumes and colours of the sea at Polignano. In fact most of the suites and rooms overlook the crystal blue sea which gently caresses the coast that delimits the Resort.With the All Inclusive Formula of Pietrablu Resort & SPA you can take advantage of all the services the Resort offers, enjoy our exquisite dishes at any time, taste the local traditional food, or be pampered by our patisserie and cocktails prepared at the bars, all this while listening to the sweet sound of the sea.Our expert staff at the Wellness Centre, the three swimming pools at the Resort, the two sandy bays.. everything you need to relax and have fun in a perfect CDSHotels style.The best way to have a holiday at the sea? Choose a Resort on the sea.Choose Pietrablu Resort and SPA for your exclusive holiday in Puglia. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, LoveHolidays, TravelUp, TripOnline SA, Expedia, Hotels.com, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, Ebookers, getaroom.com and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Pietrablu Resort & Spa CDSHotels reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pietrablu Hotel Polignano a Mare
- Pietrablu Resort And Spa
- Pietrablu Resort & Spa CDSHotels Polignano a Mare, Italy - Puglia