“Better like meat!”

Dining options: Reservations
New York City, New York
“Better like meat!”
Reviewed 29 June 2014 via mobile

Great meat dishes Porchetta hamburgers etc..Great service ..I got the feeling thus restaurant is geared for tourists and large bus tours..not to Italian but worth a side trip.

• Greek first
  • Korean first
Florence, Italy
“a visit to the Panzano Doc”
Reviewed 26 June 2014

Lunch at Dario Doc is the perfect antidote to whatever might be ailing a person... It raised our spirits and filled our tummies with incredible meat, served in a typical Tuscan style. The long tables meant we did an everyday thing - eat - in a totally Italian way, al fresco under big umbrellas, with lots of people around us! Perfect!
With fast service, but not rushing us through our meal, the set-menu at different prices easily allowed for various appetites, at 10, 15 or 20 euro.
TIP: Coming in through the butcher shop is an experience - worth making your way to the front door and get ushered upstairs.

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank StrollingFootsteps
St. Petersburg, Russia
“Good. cult place”
Reviewed 12 May 2014 via mobile

We were at lunch. Took 2 big sets, I don't remember the name of set, but it were pork and beef. Everything very fresh and tasty!! I liked tar-tar!) take into account that size of portion very very large!!
Negative - no hot dishes in this menu.
No parking((

1 Thank Vladimir K
Volterra
“Happily surprised... it isn't just hype... it's real”
Reviewed 3 February 2014

As an American who has lived in Tuscany for 15 years, and for most of that period worked in the tourism business, I am a bit embarassed to admit that I only made my way to Dario Cecchini's Dario Doc for the first time this winter. In hindsight i think I avoided it because I assumed that with all the press that Darrio, his butchershop and restaurants receive from the international press, it must be all hype and no substance.... you know, only for tourists.
I am happy to say he proved me wrong.
The price-quality ratio is excellent. I can think of only a few occassions in the many years I have been in Italy that I have had a meal that was such a great deal.
When i read the other reviews of Dario Doc my instinct says that the expectations were simply misplaced. You can't come and expect fine dining... and not to say this is "less", it is just fundamentally about something different. First of all, because of the super prices: you get a full meal set-menu for 10, 15 or 20 euro, your choice. And for that you get some superlative meat, cooked the way it is supposed to be (by Tuscan standards), and together with that the simple vegetable "contorni" that are traditional to Tuscany.
The way I see it, Dario and his very-capable, very-friendly staff have found a magic combination of Tuscan food and traditional Tuscan hospitality (which, mind you, is often brusque by nature but always sincere and usually becomes expansive). They have also done an excellent job of mixing modern design elements with country-Tuscan. Something rarely done well in Tuscany.
Not only will I recommend Dario Doc to friends, as soon as I can I will also be taking my extended Italian family. They're going to love it.
Full disclosure: the above reviews is written by an ex-vegetarian. so i've been converted twice over.
Bravo Dario!

• Visited January 2014
Italy
“Five stars to the meat but the rest of the food is very basic”
Reviewed 4 December 2013

Probably one of the best places for meat in the area. However, rest of the food, which is not much (fresh vegetable with olive oil dip, bread and baked potato) is poor. Since it is a fix menu with a fix price, it is recommended only for meat lovers.
Meat quality and quantities are stunning and generously served to the table .... but If you are not a carnivorous or you are a vegetarian, this meal is too expensive, since there is no alternative menu or partial menu.
The atmosphere is of a warm Italian fiesta, cheerful and friendly. Guests are sitting around a communal table while Dario mingles among them and makes sure that they are happy. he fills the guests' wine glasses whenever the level of wine in the glass decreases... a perfect host.

• Visited September 2013