“one of the best nights I will never remember.”

O'Grady's Irish Bar
Ranked #31 of 159 Restaurants in Rota
Price range: US$4 - US$10
Cuisines: Irish
Dining options: After-hours
Description: O'Grady's has been in business for over 20 years. It is the only Irish owned Irish bar within 100 miles of Rota. We have 3 beers on tap and 16 in bottle (many of which are Irish, American & Spanish craft beers). Great reputation for serving the best bar food in the local area. Dishes include great burgers, shepherds pie, delicious chicken wings, spicy chicken fajitas, etc.. Big mix of clients including Spanish, American, Irish, German, etc...English & Spanish spoken. TV coverage of all major sports, e.G. Rugby, soccer, NFL, gaelic football, hurling, etc...
Reviewed 30 June 2014

My title says it all. A great party place and wow, if have the stuff I see in pictures from my last visit there are real, I had a great time. Seriously, take a few friends and visit this place. They speak English, German, Spanish and probably a couple of more languages. The place is a good mix of locals, American service members, British and German tourist and probably everyone else. The drinks are strong so be prepared. Only down side is like most of Europe, there is no AC and when the place gets crowed, it gets hot.... But that aside, I highly recommend this place. Will I be back, as soon as the wife lets me.

2  Thank neilmcmullen

Reviewed 1 June 2014

#1 American hangout in this toilet of a country. You get some spanish riff-raff but they generally know to behave. The staff are great, the food is good and the atmosphere can't be matched. Tell Patrick you're a loyalist protestant and get 10% off your tab!

1  Thank DixonButtes
Reviewed 1 June 2014

A decent selection of spirits, nothing fancy. Although the food was good, Shamrock's burger is much better but it is a bit of a drive from Rota, so O'gradys has the location. The music was really good! And yes, it was mostly Americans. If your willing to drive to Chipiona, The Trinity Bar is the place.

Reviewed 5 November 2013

Stopped in here a couple of weeks ago whil staying in hotel across the street. Was by myself so I sat at the bar had a couple of pints and then ordered some food. Very good Bacon Cheeseburger and filling. Bacon Cheeseburger was not on the small menu but I overheard another patron ask for it so I knew it was there.

Patrick was a very friendly bar keep and it is a nice small pub close to hotel for something other than the typical spanish food at the other places...

Reviewed 27 October 2013

Been here a few times lately, more times during my time stationed here with the Navy back in the mid 90s. Pat's a really nice guy and always friendly. The bar is small, which is what I like. Music's not so loud you can't carry on a conversation. Good selection of drinks, shots, beers.

Not a usual hangout for me as there's too many Americans sitting at the bar (I'm also American). Not a negative, I just prefer a different bar scene.