Hotel Duque de Najera
US$126
US$99
  • Pool
Hotel Playa de la Luz(Rota)(Great Value!)
US$119
US$97
US$142
  • Beachfront
Hostal Macavi(Rota)(Great Value!)
US$70
US$55
  • Beachfront
Hostal Restaurante Sixto(Rota)(Great Value!)
US$76
  • Restaurant
Hostal La Giralda(Rota)(Great Value!)
US$53
TripAdvisor
TripAdvisor
All reviewsgreat hotelirish barstreet sideexcellent locationlittle priceyel embarcaderosea viewhotel is locatedrestaurants and shopssea fronttop floorcleaning staffbusiness tripfront desk clerkmultiple shower headsspacious roomspeak english very well
Reviewed 24 August 2011

A recent business trip brought me to Rota, Spain on the coast of the Atlantic Ocean. The Hotel Duque de Najera is a very well kept beautiful property on the harbor across from Cadiz. The old town in Rota is wonderful for walking and seeing quaint shops and cafes.

The hotel itself is very nice. Rooms are spacious and the bathrooms are marvelous. Marble tile and as large as some rooms in New York have been. Everything in the room was top notch. Since I was on business I had a room that faced out toward the Castle and the square versus the ocean. A small balcony to see the mopeds go by at night afforded me a nice experince to sit and relax in Spain.

A beautiful pool area and well manicured gardens round out the preopetty amenities.

The restauraunt, and bar are awesome. Sat and had drinks in the bar and seen many families enjoying themselves as well. I would highly recomend this property to anyone traveling for business or pleasure! Everything that you need is here and the location is central to the old town.

My only slight complaint is that the bed was a little too firm for my tastes and as in other European rooms the large bed is really just two beds pushed together.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 5 August 2011

My wife and I stayed at Duque de Najera two weeks in July in the little Rota town near Cadiz. The room (222) with a magnificent sea view was spacious like the bathroom. Good flat TV and a little fridge made the stay comfortable. The service was perfect in the breakfast room, inside bar and street bar outside the hotel at the water front. Breakfast was also perfect and included free cava - salud. Cleanliness was impeccable and the pool was nice. The girls in the reception don't speak english very well, but we managed anyway. There's a hotel owned bar called Conca round the corner where you can have good tapas and vino blanco and enjoy the pleasant atmosphere in the little plaza. Rota is a wonderful little town with friendly and open people and the hotel is really a four star hotel.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank TimFredrik
Reviewed 2 June 2011

I've been traveling to Hotel Duque since I was six years old, and have been visiting every other year since then. Each time I come, we're greeted with the same warmness and kindness that we have been in our previous visits to Rota, Spain. The hotel service is superb; from the rooms to the amenities and everything on the premise of this hotel, nothing is less that fantastic. The rooms are spacious with large closets and very nice bathrooms, I usually share a room with one other person but when i was younger, there was enough room in a Suite for four people and all of their luggage. The buffet for breakfast may be a bit pricey, but well worth it. Always stocked with tons of different foods, ranging from classic breakfast items like fruit and cereal all the way down to an entire table dedicated purely to sandwiches with a chef their daily to make fresh crepes, pancakes, grilled cheese and tortilla for anyone who asks. The pool is amazing, never once did I see any speck of dirt in either the kiddie pool or the main pool. Lots of chairs for sun bathers, with a special deck just for sun tanning, complete with individual tables and umbrellas. The pool-side diner is spectacular, you can get service quickly with quality and the menu is great for adults and children alike. Same with the bar on the main floor, you can order drinks and appetizers at a reasonable rate. There's also a pool table, Foosball table and ping pong, just ask the front desk for the equipment and you're good to go. The gym is really nice too, state of the art and everything. Plus, the view is unparallelled; literally, you walk out from the hotel and are on the beach. When you stay at Duque, they reserve certain chairs and space for you at the nearby beach so you don't have to spend a ton of time wandering. There's a tapa bar owned by the hotel across the street along with the Calle Charco, which is home to multiple stores, boutiques and restaurants that are all very nice. This hotel is the only one that I have ever visited in Spain that continually has great service, amenities and rooms. I've been to Spain over fifteen times in my life time so far, and plan to visit again shortly; trust me, you will not find a better hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the third floor!
  • Stayed: July 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 18 January 2011

Ocean View room on a high floor afforded a beautiful view as well as the surf to lull you to sleep. Very conveniently located with parking below (modest fee). Staff was courteous and friendly. Ate one night in the restaurant and would rate this as one of the best meals we had in Spain. Rate included breakfast which was also of the highest quality. If you are in Rota, don't miss this one.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 31 October 2010

During the week my sister and I stayed in this hotel we had the most complete and comfortable holiday possible. The room was fantastic - better than 'luxury' hotels I have stayed at in the USA - and the location could not have been better. It is right on the beach and in the central part of the town for eating and shopping. I did not expect to find such a great hotel at such an affordable prince. The staff were friendly, helpful and efficient and the hotel had everything we could possibly need. We are already planning our next trip to Rota and I would not consider looking for a different hotel. I don't believe it could be bettered. Muchas gracias al Duque de Najera :)

• Stayed: October 2010