Balcon Del Mar was way better then I'd expected it to be. I was gutted to learn the Hotel will be shutting later this year, apparently due to lack of custom as it is "4km from the beach". In my opinion most hotels require a taxi journey to the beach as they are built into the hillside and although only a stones throw from a beach as the crow flighs the roads meander down resulting in a good walk. Back to the hotel.... for the price the apartments were very well presented with a decent sized bedroom and in a seperate area off the lounge there was a sofa bed. The balcony was huge, easily big enough for a drinking session with our four friends who also stayed at Balcon. There were to swimming pools each with a toddler pool but don't rely on the pool bar as it has inconsistent opening times due to the hotel being so quiet. A nice touch was the hotel providing each room with a bottle of water in the fridge ready for your arrival. We were also given a room to get showered and changed in on our last day as we had an evening flight. Puerto Rico night life is pretty good but you get pestered by Lucky Lucky men, there were more here then anywhere else i've visited! My top tip is find Bar Caribe for your first few beers, its a small place just past Snoopys 1.5 euro a pint it would be rude not to.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Built in 2007, the complex has 70 apartments, all spacious and well furnished, with terrace and views, separate bedroom and sofa bed in the lounge. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Alpha Holidays Limited, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Ebookers, Travel Republic (UK), 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your Balcon Del Mar reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Balcon Del Mar Hotel Puerto Rico
- Balcon Del Mar Puerto Rico, Gran Canaria