Colina Mar Apartments
TripAdvisor
Hotel Altamar(Puerto Rico)
TripAdvisor
1,317 results
All reviewsirish ladyeuropa centreself cateringsmall poolgreat holidayevening entertainmenthalf pricewashing up liquidlocal drinksall inclusive gueststhese apartmentswater polohalf boardrooms were cleanedall inclusive foodbarbacoaon site shop
Reviewed 28 September 2012

not a bad place to stay staff nt helpful other than lady who works in supermarket...
do not eat in restaurant cats walk through the open buffet very disgusting
maids never once cleaned our room or beds in the two weeks we stayed.
complained numerous times but was only ever given fresh towels
would definately go bck to puerto rico but will not be stayin in colina mar.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 September 2012

I booked this hotel because I needed a getaway holiday - a week in the sun with my boyfriend just to get away from the UK weather.
Being a student my money is tight, so I was hoping I could get a decent holiday for little pennies, I booked this holiday from lowcostholidays.com (a risk for me) we payed around £350 each for a week's all inclusive.

The tranfer from the hotel took around 3 hours. Meerly because there were so many drop offs.
Upon arrival, the staff were very friendly.

Our room was amazing, very tidy clean and modern, we had been put in the recently renovated apartment (i felt so lucky!) it was gorgeous. The hotel was clean and tidy and offered entertainment at the bar most nights.

The all inclusive food was standard food you get anywhere you go, we did eat out a few nights just to have a change, theres a great chinease in puerto rico which offers an all you can eat buffet for 7 euros, well worth it!

The only thing I didnt like was when you ordered an alcoholic drink, (spirit and mixer) they put so much spirit in that you cant actually enjoy the drink honestly its like half alchohol, depends how you enjoy your drink but it was too strong for me.

During the busy period, sunbeds are IMPOSSIBLE to get, I got up at 6am to go on safari (deffo wouldn't recommend doing by the way - awful) all of the sunbeds were gone! all of them at 6am!!

We travelled mainly by taxi as it was cheap only around 4 euros to get into town. fab holiday!
Excellent value for money!

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
5  Thank NimrodCymru
Reviewed 4 September 2012

Really enjoyed my time at the Colina Mar Hotel with my girlfriend. We were treated really well by all the staff, and the rooms were really clean. Towels changed every other day. There is no air con, which isn't great. But we had the fan on us all night, and it was enough to keep us cool, and we slept like babies. We went self catering, so we didn't really indulge into the food here, except for the occassional burger and chips to have by the pool.

They have 2 pools, which are both really clean and very refreshing in the Gran Canarian heat! We only used the small pool as it was next to our room, but it was plenty big to share with everyone.

The hotel is on the very top of the valley, but this isn't a problem at all. Plenty of taxi's everywhere. But we hired a car, and it's the best thing we did. It only cost 114 euro's, and we only needed to top it up with 50 euro's, and it meant we could see the entire island. Not bad considering it costs approx 5 euro's (each way) to only go to the Puerto Rico bay. Do that a few times a day and it easily adds up. Especially when you add the transfer cost from airport to hotel and back.

Overall though, definitely would recommend this to anyone looking for a reasonably priced hotel!

Room Tip: Ask about their newly renovated rooms. We had no idea they had done this to a lot of the higher rooms. Ours was down by the small pool, which was not new. Nothing wrong with them, but the newer rooms are much nicer!
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Dan J
Reviewed 3 September 2012

Hello. I came back from Gran Canaria 2 weeks ago. It was amazing there, The weather was lovely there for the whole two weeks. I stayed in the Colina Mar apartments which was lovely the rooms were very clean we got new clean towels every second or third day and the room was also cleaned every two or three days. The bar downstairs was nice but only the one for not all inclusive. Overall the whole stay there was fine except the staff didnt have any english only at reception.

If you're going there i suggest eating out in Sabidan and Isla Bonita Steakhouse in both places food was delicious and the service is very nice and quite funny I must say.

If you're looking for a place to party I suggest the Harley's disco pub. It has great music the staff there is excellent and it has a dancing platform on which you can dance or if you dont want to the staff does it is truly something that i enjoyed and would love to go there again.

The location of Colina Mar is really high and going to the beach either puerto rico or amadores takes about 25minutes but its about 4 euro in a taxi and is like a 3 minute drive. Going back from the beach you have to take a taxi as its just too hot to walk back up the big hill.

The amadores beach is just beautiful the most beautiful i've ever seen but its really crowded and the water in puerto rico beach is cleaner and the beach is less populated and poluted.

I hope this helps and if you have any questions please dont hesitate i promise to answer them if i can

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
4  Thank maggslovesgrancanari
Reviewed 30 August 2012

Im am home over two weeks and have to say that myself and my son really enjoyed our stay. Was nervous when we arrived and when we walked into our room i realized we had made a good decision! The room was clean, hot, cause of the heat wave!!! Beds fresh and a bottle of water in the fridge! The staff were friendly and kind, and very helpful! Pool was clean and any mess was promptly cleaned!
Right beside the Europa center where we found a great English pub for food! Entertainment was lacking a little but was told that the next time we come will be better, already saving for out next visit!! I went with just me and my son, 10 and we both enjoyed it. Oh and the shop in the center was not to expensive, good surprise!!

Room Tip: We stayed in a great room, not to far a walk from the lifts or the pool on the 2nd floor, very central!!
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family