“Fantastic”

Ranked #22 of 68 Hotels in Puerto Rico
cala san vicente
“Fantastic”
Reviewed 14 January 2014

Both my wife and myself went to the hotel on Boxing Day 2013 for two weeks, service was second to none the gentleman at reception was fantastic on local tips, and market days and advice,room spotless tried to go book for next year but finding it hard to get flights but we loved it.

Room Tip: Room 319 breathtaking views
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank holybags64

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (280)
  • Finnish first
  • Polish first
Haywards Heath, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 January 2014

The apartments themselves were better than I anticipated so here I would say superb value. We had trouble on the first night because the beds had something in them itchy and we asked for them to be swapped. It couldn't be done for a few days and it wasn't handled very well. The first night we slept on the sofa and sofa bed. However once the beds were swapped the holiday was great. It is at the top of a very steep hill however the views take your breath away. Everything you need is around you plus if you do venture down then the walk is also breathtaking. There was lots to do but at a very high cost. I hated being in such a commercial touristy area but the views more than compensated. There is the god awful Europa centre with steakhouse after steakhouse and a certain customer, not to be rude, I am not a snob but I call it like I see it. We self catered which I would suggest is the best way. If you want a drink you make friends by the pool and then gran one for you. I caught sight of the all inclusive food and didn't regret being self catered ! Food in the supermarket was externally reasonable. And there were great offers daily. The main pool again a bit too commercial and noisy but pool two was quieter and we went there everyday. I look back fondly on this holiday and for a value getaway it was perfect. The rooms could do with a DVD player or something as no tv is available. It can be sorted at a price but had we known in advance we would have brought our external hardrive with movies on.

• Stayed August 2013
1 Thank Aimee P
New Milton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 January 2014 via mobile

We booked a last minute break, having visited Puerto Rico but previously stayed lower in the valley. Actually loved this location, views were amazing & taxi easily accessible to go down & back up the hill. We generally budgeted for 4€ per trip but this goes up after 11pm & Sundays. Very easy access to the Europa Centre, which is what it is but we had some good meals. Easier to walk to Ammodores beach than Puerto Rico, which is beautiful, fringed with lots of eating & watering holes, then walk back to Puerto Rico via the path for a few more drinks before getting the taxi back. The apartment is clean and spacious for 2 adults, really impressed with the welcome pack; washing up liquid, cloth etc. Tea towel provided & a bottle of water in the fridge, all very welcoming. Were on a self catering basis so are unable to comment on the food but didn't hear any adverse comments. Loved visiting Puerto de Mogan, Friday is market day and worth a visit. Also got the ferry in the other direction and walked back to Anfi, then ferry & taxi back. All in all an excellent break despite 2 days rain but better than the UK!

Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank GRuk1
Huddersfield, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 January 2014

lovely holiday with the family, was spoilt by another family though but nothing to do with the hotel itself! food was abit poor in the all inclusive buffet but the al a carte restaurant was lovely. great views aswell!!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Annie R
UK
Reviewed 27 December 2013

Hotel itself is very average stayed June 2013 for one week . Could do with a complete revamp and the entertainment if that is what you could call it. Went for initial week as all inclusive then decided to extend for another 3 days spoke with reception who were very helpful or so i thought i explained being pregnant I wasn't really using the all inclusive so would like to stay the extra days room only they agreed and printed me a receipt paying for the room for 3 days. The day before i was due to check out they asked me to stop by and i completely forgot, Upon checking out at 3 am security followed me and threatened to call the police unless I paid £150 for the all inclusive I explained I hadn't used this but he was very forceful and I had to pay under duress as all that was going through my head was I could be arrested and miss my flight. They have completely ignored my letters and attempts at contact so I contacted the company I booked it through who have tried on my behalf after an initial response they are now also being ignored. So there response is now you booked your extra stay direct so nothing to do with us. Even before all this I was disappointed with pretty much the whole stay same food every day, ignorant staff dated decor I certainly wouldnt have returned either way. All you can hear ias the music all night from the square below it sounds as if people are partying in the room next door.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
7 Thank katm1979

Travellers are raving about these Puerto Rico hotels

Birstall, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 December 2013

Colina Mar in Puerto Rico Gran Canaria in December.? Yes please.! The rooms are just fine, with lounge including satellite tv. Shower and separate bedroom. The cleanliness is very good, with a friendly maid service. The staff are very friendly and eager to help. The balcony view is superb both day and night. There is a supermarket on site.Two large pools, with bar and food. Plenty of sun bathing positions. There is entertainment at night. Colina Mar is at the top of the "Hill". It is easy to walk to the bottom, but i prefer a taxi back up, which is only 3 or 4 Euros The Europa Centre is two minutes walk from Colina Mar, and contains all the bars, shops, and restaurants. Puerto Rico is a joy, and the beach and facilities at Playa Amadores, a nice walk away are second to none. There is only one place to be the week before Christmas.!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
5 Thank Tony S
lancashire
Reviewed 26 December 2013

fab hotel stayed from 16/23 dec 13.......staff were great, hotel very clean......only problem was the gates by r room was shut and locked, so we had to take 3 lifts and a very long walk through the complex to get to the main enterance and same gettin back to r room. we overlooked the kids park and it had amaizing views of the whole village. we only ate once in there and although the meal was lovely there wasnt much there so ate in the europa centre, mambos for a full english every day and ate in all the other places there for evening meals, great prices, massive platefull..........u have to deffo go the take away on the top floor round the corner, and get a freshly cooked chicken for 6.50. euros. n get made welcome day n night in marys bar(sports bar)
get a cab down into the town for 3 euros, or 1 to puerto rico beach for 4 euros, n make sure u av a sunbathing day in the beach club, gr8 staff, big round double n triple sunbeds for hire 20/25 euros for the whole day, or sun loungers for 3.50. massage onsite which i highly reccomend.

Room Tip: i stayed in room 48, lovely views no much noise and at the side of the room theres a few steps to a...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family