“great stay”

Ranked #31 of 70 Hotels in Puerto Rico
Cork, Ireland
“great stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 January 2014

We stayed at the Niza apartments in october the weather was lovely as was the apartment very
clean and very welcoming staff . The apartments are within walking distance to the beach and resturents and shops.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Maria W

Solo
Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 August 2013 via mobile

These apartments are good value if your looking for somewhere cheap. Be aware they are extremely dated and a bit dirty and the electrics are dangerouse in my opinion(cables on the outside of walls exposed)lots of stray cats and the pool made my sons white shorts yellow, I never saw anyone clean the pool in the week we were there.. Sorry wouldn't stay there again.if your looking for somewhere to just lay your head then these would be ideal? But for a family to cook and eat in I'd try somewhere else.also very near a busy rd so noise could be a problem when the windows are open as there is no Ac,it was hot.

• Stayed August 2013
4 Thank Crazydave100
Doncaster, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 August 2013

Pros: Lovely apartments, nice pool, ideal location, friendly.
Cons: No bar, could do with bigger pool, reception only open certain times, cockroaches outside (not in room)

We've just returned from 2 weeks at the NIZA APARTMENTS and have loved it. Yes there were some things that wasn't perfect but nothing that would spoil your holiday. The lady who owns the apartments couldn't do enough for us. The pool was lovely and very popular therefore was sometimes a little crowded. The sunbeds were always full and you had to be up early to get one but it wasn't a problem. The apartments were cleaned everyday by friendly maids and we had a good supply of clean towels every other day. Niza is located about 100 metres from the entertainment centre one way and about 100 metres the other way to the beach. I didn't like the cockroaches, who look like they've been on steroids, which you see outside but you can get them everywhere, not just here. If you're planning to stay here The San Miguel restaurant is the place to eat. It's in the commercial centre and is VERY popular and I can see why people queue to eat there. I would definitely return to the Niza Apartments for a chilled out holiday.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Dublin, Dublin, Ireland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2013

Area for apartment is brilliant. It's within walking distance to literally everything, shopping center, beach, restaurants etc. There is a little mini super market behind the apartment for those days you can't be bothered to walk to the shopping center. The receptionist was pleasant. Myself and my boyfriend just got a 1 bed and it was basic and suited us perfectly. It had a kettle, toaster, fridge, plates, cups and glasses. Only problems we had was the bugs. Mind you the heat wasn't helping so in reality, we have noting to complain about. Pool is small but perfect. Not too busy but not too quiet either. Just nice. Cleaner came three times to make the beds and leave clean towels in the 7 days that I was in the Niza apartment which was grand. Reception isn't 24 hours so I found that having to tell new comers about their keys in their apartment was a little uncomfortable. I would recommend this apartment to couples who are just looking for something cheap, local and quiet. I am not sure about families as I it was only myself and my boyfriend but from what I saw, the children seem to love the pool so that's a plus haha.

Room Tip: I can only recommend to try and get an apartment directing the pool as it was a lovely view to see w...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
Manchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2013

I stayed at the niza apartments in Puerto Rico, early june 2013 with friends aged between 22-27. The area was perfect as it is within easy walking distance of both the beach and shopping centre. There is also a little store just at the back of the apartments. The rooms were cleaned every day and fresh towels every time. Reception was closed at the time of our arrival but there was a notice telling us which room we were booked in and the key was left for us. Easy, simple check in with the reception guy, who was very helpful and we even got to keep the room on as we had a late flight back, and this was not a problem at all. The pool area was small but big enough, nice cool deep pool too. The time we were there, there were lots of Spanish people but this didn't cause us any problems. The only complaint I had, not a big one at all, was there was a bit of shouting one night from one of the other apartments, possibly due to a roudy night out, but yet again this is to be expected now and again as they were on holiday and didn't hear anything any of the other nights.
I have no complaints about this accomadation, ideal location, and good value for money. We enjoyed some lovely meals down on the beach and also a nice rooftop bar at the end of the marina looking out over the sea and coved beach. Avoid the Chinese buffet near the marina end, we didn't enjoy this at all except for the ice cream.

Room Tip: We had the end room and couldn't see the pool and was a little shaded. I would recommend asking...
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
Drogheda, Louth, Ireland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 June 2013

two bed apartment not suitable for two couples as the back bedroom is a box room. no wardrobe space. both couples paid the same amount and seems unfair now.
but
Apartments very nice, pool area lovely, staff were brilliant. very clean.
great social location.

Room Tip: Book room from 1 to 11. pool facing.
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
Dublin, Ireland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 June 2013

I stayed her for 10 days in may with a friend. The app was fairly big. Was delighted to have a room each. The app was clean ish. We had a few issues with bugs, but I reckon that was as they are on a ground floor and our app was close to the garden. I felt safe there but I know there was a break in in one of the app the week I was there. The pool is small but there were always loungers available. There is no snack bar but the shop is just around the cornet. The location its self was great. 5 min walk to the beach and 5 min walk to the main centre. There are no steps and its beside the bus stop and taxi rank. I've read some terrible reviews on here about other apartments, so if I was coming back I would stay here again.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends