We stayed in the Marina Bayview Balcony Seaview apartment. The staff are very friendly and helpful. The rooms were clean and nicely presented with plenty of room. A small kitchenette and dining table, a living area with sofa, and a nice private balcony with a view to the marina. The cleaning and towel service is regular and plenty through the week.
As with some other reviews that we read before we arrived, the only slight issue is that the "double bed" is actually two single beds pushed together that can easily move apart meaning you have to sleep slightly separately to your partner - ok if you have had an argument! but not ideal otherwise. Also the bathroom doors do not lock but are sliding doors - however I think a lot of holiday accommodation is going this way (maybe due to health and safety!).
There are approximately 180 steps to reach the apartment reception area from ground level (marina area). Although daunting for some, we felt this was good to keep our waist line in check after all the eating! - nice bit of exercise!
We are vegetarian and found the breakfast that we pre-paid for very good. A great selection of hot and cold food that actually kept us going till our main evening meal (give or take a few snacks!). The facility has a nice pool, however there is a very nice lagoon beach a short walk away (the reception staff recommended this): playa de amadores. Highly recommend going to this beach.
Overall a very nice set of apartments with friendly staff. Great whether being used for self-catering or not and a very good price compared to others in the area.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The chic Marina Bayview is built into the hillside overlooking Puerto Rico Harbour in Gran Canaria. It features a large outdoor pool and terrace with impressive Atlantic Ocean views.Apartments feature a private balcony or terrace. All have air conditioning, and a kitchenette with a fridge, coffee maker, kettle and toaster. There is satellite TV and a private bathroom.The restaurant by the pool offers spectacular views of the harbour. Paddle and tennis courts are just a few metres from the complex, and Salobre Golf & Resort is 15 km away. The resort has a 24-hour front desk and offers car hire. Free parking is available nearby. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, TravelUp, LoveHolidays, getaroom.com, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your Marina Bayview reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ipanema Park Apartments Hotel Puerto Rico
- Ipanema Park Apartments Puerto Rico
- Marina Bayview Puerto Rico, Gran Canaria