Just back from a week break in Puerto Rico with my boyfriend. We are a young couple in our 20's and not at all fussy about where we stay as long as it is clean. However we had numerous problems throughout our weeks stay. We arrived to check in and were greeted by a Spanish lady that could barely speak a word of English. We had not got our booking voucher due to last minute problems (which we knew was an inconvenience) and were treated very rudely by receptionist which did not feel was necessary. However we eventually got sorted. We were given a ground floor apartment leading onto the pool area. Must admit first impressions of pool area and views were amazing. Rooms are very basic and could do with a revamp. Kettle was leaking, no double bed and towels were smelly with holes and falling apart. (Changed only once during our stay). In our eyes these were only little problems which we accepted. We decided to rent a fan as there is no air conditioning however the reception closes at 5.30 so this was not possible also the following day they were closed so we gave up. It was on our second day we had a major problem. There is a sign in the bathroom requesting people not to put toilet tissue in the toilet and to use the bin instead which we found very odd as we've stayed in various apartments and have never come across this. Also very unhygienic due to rooms only been cleaned once during stay. This resulted in our toilet being blocked and sewage coming up in the bath which was revolting. This was due to other people on higher floors putting toilet roll in their toilets not us! On this day the reception was closed for the full day for some reason so we had to wait till the next morning for this problem to be sorted. They were not overly concerned by our complaint which I can only assume is a regular problem. However we were accommodated straight away and moved to another room. Also found not having a member of staff in the apartments after early evening was odd incase of emergency. Other than these problems we had a nice holiday which was purely down to the amazing weather, pool area and views. Would not stay here again due to the problems we were faced with!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- AQUASOL is a small and quiet complex, on the top of a beautiful hill, with wonderful sights and always sunny; at few minutes from beaches, shopping centers, discos, restaurants, downtown!! We have beautiful swimming pool, bar restaurant, internet service, pool games and the most important: we always smile! We do all we can to make you feel comfortable in this lovely place! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, Odigeo, Cancelon and HostelWorld so you can book your Aquasol Apartments reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aquasol Apartments Hotel Puerto Rico
- Aquasol Apartments Puerto Rico, Gran Canaria