“Brilliant place to stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Aquasol Apartments

Aquasol Apartments
Ranked #65 of 70 Hotels in Puerto Rico
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Brilliant place to stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 March 2014

Had a fantastic week in beginning of march 2014,we arrived and were shown a spacious appartment with everything we needed and a fantastic view looking down over puerto rico and the pool and bar area.friendly staff and a selection of lovely food by mo and sam.lovely relaxin holiday up on the hill.u could walk down and get a cheap taxi back up for €2.60 if u want.dora was very very nice to us and went out of her way to help us,cant wait to go back and see them again :-)

• Stayed March 2014

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 March 2014 via mobile

myself and my partner returned from aquasol on the 8th of march and we really enjoyed it. The location is perfect ontop of a hill but great views and gets sun from sunrise till sunset. The staff were very helpfull at the recieption always willing to help and the bar staff/cooks were excellent to always willin to help with directions or help get the best deals on excursions the food was great resonable prices and the drink was cheap to. Would recommend these apartments to anyone who is lookin for a good place to stay while on holiday.

• Stayed March 2014
Swindon
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 March 2014

Aquasol is a low budget complex at the top of the east cliff overlooking Puerto Rico. It often appears as the cheapest option when booking with operators such as lowcostholidays and lastminute.com. The apartments are tired, but relatively well equipped with a TV, kettle, toaster and coffee machine. The reception area sells water and sometimes has bread rolls. There is no shop on the complex. It is a bit of a hike into town.
There is free wifi, but it only supports about 10 users, so it is often impossible to connect. There is a small pool and bar/restaurant. The bar is staffed by Mohammed, who seems to enjoy picking fights and being rude to guests. Both I and my friend has most unpleasant encounters with this individual. He is OK if you are buying drinks, but seems to think that you should not sit by the pool unless you are giving him custom. If I had been with my family I would have been forced to move apartments. As I was cycling with a mate we just told him where to go. His behaviour was also a bit disturbing around some teenage girls staying at the resort.

Another problem was with the cleaners. We were stuck with the same bath towels for a week. One night the lock to the apartment door fell out, effectively locking us out. The receptionist said it would be fixed in the morning, and all the other apartments were occupied. I had to insist on getting some tools to break into my apartment.

There are plenty of other apartment complexes in Puerto Rico. I would advise you to try one of these and to give Aquasol a miss. Unless you enjoy rude and aggressive bar staff, dodgy locks and smelly towels.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
4 Thank IanSwindon

Travellers are raving about these Puerto Rico hotels

3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 March 2014

We have just returned from a weeks stay at the Aquasol Appatments and thought they were great . It is very clean has got every thing you need Dora at reception was very helpful.. The pool was clean and plenty of sun beds, The little bar has good food and all the staff are very nice. We had a great view over looking the pool . Lovely walks down to the beach and shops .We will be back next year .

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Jackie M
Stockport, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 March 2014 via mobile

Just returned from a fabulous weeks holiday. Stayed at the aquasol appartments and had a very relaxing stay. Appartments we're clean, tidy and had everything you would need for a self catering stay. Staff were extremely friendly and polite. Basically checked in and checked out, without having to visit reception for any reason, but knew they were there if needed. Would thoroughly recommend a stay there and hope to visit again.

Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank T B
slane
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 January 2014

Just back from a week in Aquasol Apts.Was not sure what to expect as these are cheap Apts.We were pleasantly surprised.We had a lovely Apt overlooking the pool and a sea view.They are basic but very clean and were cleaned twice while we were there.Lovely balcony to sit in the sun and a snack bar at the pool.We found it very relaxing and quiet during the day.A short 20 mins walk to town down a steep hill and a taxi back for 4 euro inc tip.We would definitely go back to the Aquasol Apts again/

Room Tip: The higher up you go the better view.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank valerieSlane
Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 January 2014

I booked the Aquasol Apartments online in November 2013 with the view of getting a cheap holiday to Gran Canaria for my wife and two other people and the Aquasol appartments appeared on the search results. So I made repeated contacts with the receptionist by the name of Dora who at every occasion sent me back a reply. I can be a bit of a pest when seeking replies to questions.

Arrival date 2 January for 7 nights.

We had reserved two apartments with Dora and then for final reviews done another search for peoples comments, some positive and some mostly negative. From the booking date right up to the morning of departure I still questioned my decision. But in my favor was the fact that Aquasol did not seek any deposit for the booking, payment was to be made upon arrival.

On the morning of departure, i arose early and began to seek alternative accomodation. But decided to stick with my original booking, if when i got there and all was not well it did not cost me anything and i could leave very quickly. Was I wrong or what?

Aquasol appartments were located at the very top of the hill overlooking the bay in Puerto Rico. The next stop was the small supermarket and then the beautiful mountain ranges with some great walks. For €40 per night what could you ask for?. Its a 10 minute walk down, but for €2.46 by taxi for four people would you walk up and down.

When we arrived we were greeted by Dora the receptionist and taken to our rooms to view. Everything you need was present, clean rooms and bathrooms and all necessary utensils to self cater if you wish, even down to a coffee percolator. No smells or dirt as indicated by others We were allocated two apartments beside each other on the second floor with full view of the pool and bay below. It was peaceful and tranquil with no noise from the hussle and bustle of the centre of Puerto Rico. Throughout the week several others came and went. The total surroundings were great.

What i cannot understand is the comments that were made by others about the Aquasol, I began to think I had arrived somewhere different. I found nothing to complain about at all.

They have a small bar and restaurant that caters for all. The two guys that run it are always willing to advise on any matter. The menu provides cheap and tasty food and we tried a number of dishes, basic cost around €4.50. Thanks guys.

For those who wish to loose some of the excess fat we gain on holiday the closeness of the mountains and the walks are great. I have been unfit for months and a few mornings we up and went across the mountains on foot. With beautiful and save walks and sunshine what a day. It does not mention this in any of the Aquasol reviews. its something perhaps Aquasol should consider in promotion material. We met several others from all countries even the goats are there to entertain. Would realy recommend this as a days activities.

What more can I say. Would I return? Yes. Was it clean and tidy? Yes. Where the staff helpful? Yes. Would you recommend this to others? Most definitely. Was it expensive? You got be joking for €40. By on departure Dora told me that they are putting up offers for February and March 2014.

Dora to you personnally I say A BIG THANK YOU and will see you again.

Robert

Room Tip: All rooms are facing the same direction overlooking the bay below and the mountain ranges opposite...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple