Aquasol Apartments
Apartamentos Montecarlo(Puerto Rico)(Great Value!)
US$121
Marina Suites(Puerto Rico)
US$138
US$129
US$174
Bahia Blanca(Puerto Rico)
US$127
  • Pool
Apartamentos Miami Gran Canaria(Puerto Rico)(Great Value!)
US$69
US$59
US$197
US$191
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsreception closesmin walksmall shopamazing viewsno air conditioninggreat holidayhilleurosupermarketsunhobs
Reviewed 31 March 2014

Just come home and had a great adventure. Mo, Sam and Jamal-thankyou so much for looking after us. We would love to come and see you again. Thanks Sam for the turning off the lights and giving us popcorn last night so we could watch Furious 6 . Richard says thankyou for the amazing dorada, fresh local fish. Mo you feel like an old friend and were always so welcoming.
Aquasol is nestled in the mountains and you get such great views as you stroll down to the town and beach. It's a lovely bay and marina and there is plenty to do in the way of watersports or just relaxing. We took several trips to other towns-Mogan, Amadores, Anfi and Maspalomas- all very near and easy to get to by bus, boat,on foot. We always took a 3euro taxi back up the hill.
The apartments are older but always very clean. Towels? Well, it is time they got some new ones! We bought some 4 euro towels from town and just left them there.
We have nothing but praise for the place and for the money we paid will definitely return.

Room Tip: Don't put paper down the loo. It'll flood up. Free wi-fi. Go to the bar and meet MO straight away. He'll help you.
1  Thank Alison S
Reviewed 25 March 2014 via mobile

For the extra 50\70 euro your going to spend on taxis up and down to this place, I would highly recommend you put that money to an apt closer to the town.
Place is out of date.
Pay cheep, you get cheep.
Plastic cup with just ice in it alone is 50 cent at the pool bar.
The pool area is dangerous for kids, as the fittings around the edges are broken.
Towels changed once a week along with bed linen.
Shower hose in bathroom kept falling down and nearly cracking my toes.
You must dump your rubbish in the bins outside your apt.
For those of you familiar with Puerto Rico, when then you'll know about the walk up those dreaded steps.....well, once up those steps you have another ten/15 min walk up step hill side, like I said, you'll save money on taxis, so do look elsewhere and not high up in space.

PS, bath towels are more nylon than cotton that do not dry you.

Top tip: bring your own towels.
Be prepared for extreme work out on your legs (I'm fit young man, and I found this walk up twice, HARD!!)

Pay the extra cash, I certainly would as a lesson made is a lesson learned.!

Ohhh, the sockets on the walls are hanging out, same with our neighbours room.

Half built kitchens too.

My advise to the management team, two words....MAJOR REFURBISH.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank hillbillyjoe
Reviewed 23 March 2014

Just returned from a weeks stay at Aquasol. Apartment was basic, but very clean. Was just about as far up the hill from Puerto Rico as you could go! Very quiet there, not many people staying. Pool nice, but a bit cold. I can agree with previous reviews about the towels, dont understand how a towel cant absorb any water! useless. Too hot at night, no aircon. Puerto Rico a tourist town, Eating out a bit of a lottery. Avoid the strip of resturants by the beach. Overpriced and not good. A severe lack of fresh fish anywhere. Had an ok meal at one of the beach places but all the menus seem the same. Watch out for the timeshare sellers, got dragged in by the promise of a camcorder, sadly it was the hardsell for a holiday club scheme. Got camcorder but it was cheap and broken to boot. returned it! Weather lovely, went on some nice walks in the hills. Hire a car and explore the island, the scenery is stunning. Overall, a cheap and cheerful break in the sun.

Room Tip: Dont choose a studio.
1  Thank mrsbeeDevon
Reviewed 19 March 2014

I travelled with a group of four friends and it was planned as a cheap and cheerful getaway. I paid £160 for a week and was expecting to get what I paid for....not a lot. We were all pleasantly surprised. Yes, the apartments are a little tired, but they were clean and tidy, with a kettle, coffee machine and TV. I'll agree with the rest of the reviews about the towels, they seemed to be made of something that seemed to repell water, not soak it up, and the loo sounded like the QE2 was leaving port, so dont flush in the middle of the night! The views are spectacular over the bay and you get the sun all day around the pool. Theres a supermarket just up the hill which is a two minute walk to get provisions and it seemed to be reasonably well stocked. The bar serves typical fast food but the three guys behind the bar, Mo, Sam and Jamal couldn't do enough for us and would cook us something not on the menu if we asked. They arranged a bus for us to travel into the next town and didnt ask for a penny, just to eat in their restaurant before we left, which we did with pleasure. The walk into town was something we didnt even attempt but was only 2.50 each way in a cab so it didnt break the bank shared between us all, but if you like a challenge give it a go. The restaurants in town, although they look pretty average and gaudy, served lovely food, especially the steakhouses. The bars are also pretty good, try visiting Riders if you like good music, attentive staff and male dancers on the bar just so theres something pretty to look at! If youre expecting a five star hotel with daily cleaning and towel exchange it probably isnt for you, but hey, man up and make your own bed! I would definately book there again and recommend it to anyone just looking for a cheap and cheerful week away in the sun.

Room Tip: Our rooms were about 10 feet away from the bar on the ground floor, which was ok for us as we were usually the last to leave. Would recommend that if youre there to get a good nights sleep ask for apartments a little further away. If you email Dora she seemed to do her best to help
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 19 March 2014

First of all, i realise this is a budget hotel and i have tried to take that into account. I have stayed in many budget hotels and i am not one of these guys who expect a diamond for a fiver, i try to give my honest opinions when i write my reviews for T.A. Anyway here goes.

Lets start with the positives, there were a few.
The apartments whilst being basic as expected were at least clean. Checking in was quick and easy. There was always plenty of hot water for showering. The TV had a few English channels. Staff were friendly. Toaster, kettle and a few basic crockery essentials good enough for breakfasts. The apartments were a great suntrap perfect for soaking up the brilliant hot weather which really made the holiday :) I can't comment on the pool, however it looked great.

Now for the negatives.
The balconies/ verandas weren't private enough the main entrance to apartments were by walking past each veranda. The towels were terrible, apart from being the oldest towels in the world, they didn't dry you rather they just pushed the water around your body until it evaporated. The bathroom had a bad smell to it. The walls are paper thin and i could hear someone from one of the surrounding apartments snoring every night, it was like they were sleeping in our living room. The worst point for me though is the location, i have been to Puerto Rico before and read some reviews before i came so i was expecting a hill, however i didn't expect it to be as far up this particular steep hill as it turned out to be. Now i realise that it is only 3euro in a taxi up the hill but for me it was just too far out of town. there isn't anything around the hotel so you have to go down town for any entertainment or supplies.
To be fair if i could i would rate this hotel a 2 and a half rather than a 2, but i can't see myself round to giving it a 3.
All in all it didn't spoil my holiday, but i have to say i wouldn't use these apartments again and i have to say i wouldn't recommend them to my friends. They are low budget but remember to factor in taxi fares because you will need them. This review isn't written to put anybody off, its just my honest opinion

Room Tip: Take extra money for taxis
4  Thank gruzzle